• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silver Eagles

Saguaro Kid

Seeker
Seeker
How much over spot would a person sell Silver Eagles for?
Thanks...

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
$10-$12 over spot on FleaBay (less fees).

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
At current levels $3.
SC
I think you are selling yourself short. APMex is selling them for between $6-8 premium. I wouldn't sell any for less than $5 over spot.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Are they selling or asking? Big difference. I don't care to do business with Apmex anymore.

JM Bullion is buying them (circulated) now for $29.62

Depends on your cost. If you paid ~15 for them take a 100% profit. You can ask more and end up holding them for a while. If you need money 3 bucks over give or take will sell them quickly. Ebay might work if you have good seller ratings.

I prefer to look at them first before I buy.

good luck

SC

SilverBuyer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You end up making about the same as wholesaling them out to a dealer with much more hassle.

Silver eagle for $38 on ebay, 10% eBay fee, 3% PayPal fee for a total of $5 in fees. $3 shipping and your down to $30. Not even factoring in packaging, time to go to the post office, risk of getting scammed etc.

Its even worse if you try to sell in quantity because a quick search shows rolls available for about $33.25 a coin.

Last edited:

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
You end up making about the same as wholesaling them out to a dealer with much more hassle.

Silver eagle for $38 on ebay, 10% eBay fee, 3% PayPal fee for a total of $5 in fees. $3 shipping and your down to $30. Not even factoring in packaging, time to go to the post office, risk of getting scammed etc.

Its even worse if you try to sell in quantity because a quick search shows rolls available for about $33.25 a coin.
Hey, I didn't say eBay was the better deal. He asked how much, I told him,.

SilverBuyer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Hey, I didn't say eBay was the better deal. He asked how much, I told him,.
I know was just pointing that out so no one sells there without knowledge that they aren't even making any more money. I prefer ebay not getting business cause they have really tightened the screws on the little guy over the years.

At a coin auction yesterday, silver eagles were selling for an average price of $32.50 (Ag at about $26.70). Two weeks earlier, and at a different auction 30 miles away, when spot was higher (about $29), they were going for $27 to $30. Go figure...

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Not even factoring in packaging, time to go to the post office, risk of getting scammed etc.
I find it quite [can't find the word I wanna use here], that you of all people would talk about scammers etc. You are one of the worst and are just trying to get back into the game so that you can do it again. As far as I'm concerned there should be a way that folk like you get branded and there should be a way of making sure that you could never make another deal in the PM game [or any other for that matter].
How many people do you think you should be allowed to hurt just cause you are basically scum yourself?

Hey, pit--don't put me in that category.

MaxGravy

I know was just pointing that out so no one sells there without knowledge that they aren't even making any more money. I prefer ebay not getting business cause they have really tightened the screws on the little guy over the years.
You certainly know all about screwing the little guy.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I think I missed something.

If you are selling face-to-face and want to make a "quicker" sale. Keeping you premium to something a bit more reasonable attracts more interested parties.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
At current levels $3.

SC
I think you are selling yourself short. APMex is selling them for between $6-8 premium. I wouldn't sell any for less than $5 over spot.
Posted a video in another thread here. The coin dealer being interviewed was told by one of his wholesalers that for the foreseeable future PREMIUMS are going UP.
"Even if the spot prices fall premiums will keep going up". Tim Marschner , dealer.

If interested view the Chat here at Post #6: https://goldismoney2.com/threads/co...coin-shortage-honest-pricing-and-more.396667/