• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Silver eye candy, half ounce bar value?

TonyG

Formerly Agg
This isn't exactly for sale but I'm wondering if it has any collectible value far above it weight/spot price.

It is a 1970 Foster 1/2 oz flat bar. I saw one other offered online from back in 2012 that had an appraised value of $80. That was possibly when silver what is at its peak of $45 an ounce?

Attachments

Shiny

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Foster bars are quite collectible. they ran a series before the nominal 70's silver bar heydays with 5 3-ounce bars a year from something like 1968 to 1971 covering silver mining companies. In addition they had some one-off bars during this period, such as the one you display.

maybe "70s Art Bar" member can comment further

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Is that dude panning for Ag?

Good luck!

TonyG

Formerly Agg
Is that dude panning for Ag?

Good luck!
AG or AU, not sure which. I seen these referred to as the engelhard Foster bars. Possibly engelhard minted them and used their imagery. Interesting if you look close enough in the pan you can see he's got some nuggets.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
AG or AU, not sure which. I seen these referred to as the engelhard Foster bars. Possibly engelhard minted them and used their imagery. Interesting if you look close enough in the pan you can see he's got some nuggets.
All I see is a guy washing rocks.
At least he's in the outdoors.