• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silver flying high while gold losing streak continues

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
And loving it!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Color me cynical. No. Wait. I mean, I expect a drastic knockdown. Drastic. This nice peach hanging right where the bankers can hit it... is gonna be swung at.

Awright. That aint really cynical. That's just track-record stuff.

But here's what I think might just happen: The drastic knockdown sorta half-ass works. Then it doesn't and the spring is at full tension.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Those Bigfoot privy's I bought at $22 have a little brighter shine to them today. ;-)

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'll start to believe when it hits $65.... yawn

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
+ One dolla! Let's see how far they smack it down before the close. Doesn't make sense they would leave this big shiny billboard lit up for the long weekend, does it? On the other hand, maybe another political or financial shoe is about to drop and the insiders are gobbling up all they can.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
+ One dolla! Let's see how far they smack it down before the close. Doesn't make sense they would leave this big shiny billboard lit up for the long weekend, does it? On the other hand, maybe another political or financial shoe is about to drop and the insiders are gobbling up all they can.
All I could think of was brand new investors going into PMs to preserve what they have

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The stock markets are pulling back now. It appears there a great disturbance in the force. Metals are still runnin' hot
Like I said, stocks took a dump the day of and the following two days after Brexit, since then, the last three or so days have been $1,000+, then $800+, $250+, and today around $350+. With all three metals kicking ass (silver +$1.11 in a day!) I'm in full advance mode right now.

If other countries could please leave the global scam that is the EU, that would be great, because I'll just get richer.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Color me cynical. No. Wait. I mean, I expect a drastic knockdown. Drastic. This nice peach hanging right where the bankers can hit it... is gonna be swung at.

Awright. That aint really cynical. That's just track-record stuff.

But here's what I think might just happen: The drastic knockdown sorta half-ass works. Then it doesn't and the spring is at full tension.
Technically speaking we should see a rest @ around $20. We might pop over it next week but that should be about right for a breather. The caveat is that.... if we have triggered a short squeeze then things can get disorderly and chart probablities mean much less. So far the buying looks quite orderly, no real sign of panic on the comex IMO, bullish but professional buying with a steady rise across all sessions.... not looking like a short squeeze panic. That said if you are the major short by a country mile then why panic in your buy back? It is not like you are competing is it? So... natural market we pull back decently... major controlled exit and we probably pull back a little... proper squeeze and we go like Apollo! I'm in the middle, my guess is a moderate pull back while they try and make any weak longs nervous.

2c

FWIW.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I agree Zed......$20 is a hard hurdle.......shorts are nevous......longs have some profits on the table....very intresting next wk...

havent seen a COT yet have you?

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
I agree Zed......$20 is a hard hurdle.......shorts are nevous......longs have some profits on the table....very intresting next wk...

havent seen a COT yet have you?
No, I have not looked for it yet. It hasn't been that useful this year IMO to be honest... but then I've not paid close attention to it.

If they are covering we should see a moderate drop in the commercials position. They have been very short all year and even when they where long late last year they where not that long. I typically use a 104 week COT oscillator. If the small specs jump up to near 100% long then we probably have some weak hands to shake out.

I might stick up a chart when Timing Charts update.

Last edited:

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
what we need is a silver sammy sighting.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No, I have not looked for it yet. It hasn't been that useful this year IMO to be honest... but then I've not paid close attention to it.

If they are covering we should see a moderate drop in the commercials position. They have been very short all year and even when they where long late last year they where not that long. I typically use a 104 week COT oscillator. If the small specs jump up to near 100% long then we probably have some weak hands to shake out.

I might stick up a chart when Timing Charts update.
COT is back up and the commercials are even shorter. Wonder what the heck is going on. I would start thinking about the possibility of a short squeeze but I'm so used to having my balls kicked that I still have a bit of Silver Art's gut feeling.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
COT is back up and the commercials are even shorter. Wonder what the heck is going on. I would start thinking about the possibility of a short squeeze but I'm so used to having my balls kicked that I still have a bit of Silver Art's gut feeling.
Hmmmm... interesting.... but that is still only to last Tuesday? No? That has not changed has it? I haven't missed anything have I? I really haven't been considering COT much for a while, too many people are onto it these days... Commercials shorts have been "the harbinger of doom" all year... yet look at the chart!

Comex numbers are still Thursday when just looked, I will check for Fridays later.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hmmmm... interesting.... but that is still only to last Tuesday? No? That has not changed has it? I haven't missed anything have I? I really haven't been considering COT much for a while, too many people are onto it these days... Commercials shorts have been "the harbinger of doom" all year... yet look at the chart!

Comex numbers are still Thursday when just looked, I will check for Fridays later.
Ya my understanding is that those numbers are through Thursday. I get data off GATA. I agree Friday's numbers should be interesting. Silver was a juggernaut today. I think this is going to be a long, uneasy weekend for the commercials/banks.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
COT looks to me like silver was driven by short covering on low volume last wk FWIW

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
A step back and two steps forward. I've been sitting on the side rather than try to buy any dip I might perceive. If it takes off I'm leveraged, if it falls back a buck or three I have some dry powder to throw at more

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
COT looks to me like silver was driven by short covering on low volume last wk FWIW
VERY disciplined buying if so. COT is only to last Tuesday, this weeks report will be interesting... albeit LATE! They need to fix that reporting lag.

Up .28 cents tonight . Yeah, maybe it will hit $23 and then fall back to $21.
That'd make $20 odd support. It would be nice but typically we have to fight for the round numbers, I can't see that this will be different... unless we go 'critical' in the next week or so.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Gold stocks in Oz where very solid on Friday and opened just as solid today. Often we lead the action because we trade first (well there is NZ but there are only 4 sheep, 2 humans and a goat that trade there!) and everyone has a Sydney office.... if the word is buy or sell then it kicks off here. The caveat is mid US session changes in direction... then we lag.

Sorry New Zealand!

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Gold stocks in Oz where very solid on Friday and opened just as solid today. Often we lead the action because we trade first (well there is NZ but there are only 4 sheep, 2 humans and a goat that trade there!) and everyone has a Sydney office.... if the word is buy or sell then it kicks off here. The caveat is mid US session changes in direction... then we lag.

Sorry New Zealand!
Keep us posted and thanks mate!

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
No pullback in metals ...tptb can't keep the lipstick on the pig much longer. People are looking for safe havens and the crass is going to start chasing Ag.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
No pullback in metals ...tptb can't keep the lipstick on the pig much longer. People are looking for safe havens and the crass is going to start chasing Ag.
If you don't hold it now it may already be too late

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
US markets are closed on Monday for 4th Of July.
Yes, that is often not such a good thing. Globex is open Sunday night and then again Monday night (> 5PM) and its thin given the holiday weekend. Prime bashing time... but we will see.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Yes, that is often not such a good thing. Globex is open Sunday night and then again Monday night (> 5PM) and its thin given the holiday weekend. Prime bashing time... but we will see.
I agree. This may be that perfect storm we've always been talking about

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
I could get used to this.
Starting to move a little fast. Could be setting up for a minor blowoff top. Technically speaking that is due, fundamentally speaking it should be just a wiggle in the road. JMO... for now.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
All my gold stock portfolios (I look after 4) are +6% today... so far. Follow through from a strong opening. This isn't a record setter for the year but it's good for lunch time! ..... a little too good?! LOL. :shit happens: