• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Silver: Last Chance To Load Up On the World's Most Undervalued Asset?

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Good video on PM's & the near future.

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Last edited:

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
it hurts a bit to see my 28.00 ounce ring up to 35.00

four for the price of five, is a bit out of line for this kid....

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it hurts a bit to see my 28.00 ounce ring up to 35.00

four for the price of five, is a bit out of line for this kid....
My LCD said yesterday that availability is getting worse, and that COMEX pricing is becoming meaningless.
About $35 oz seems about right, in terms of true pricing.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
My LCD said yesterday that availability is getting worse, and that COMEX pricing is becoming meaningless.
About $35 oz seems about right, in terms of true pricing.
my LCS has been out of stock for months...what comes in is gone in an hour
they won't even create a call list (if they have one, i'm not on it, LOL, they don't have one...)

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Commodity prices across the board and inflation are running rampant. Define "undervalued." We've heard "last chance" many times before by the pumpers and newsletter hucksters. Not trying to be an antagonistic ass or anything, but the time to load up on feinsilber was mid 2014 to end of 2019 when silver spot was $14-18 for most of that period, the market was dead, and premiums were rock bottom...generic and 90% Constitutional at $0.50 over spot, SAE's and other .gov coins at $2.50-3.00 over spot. When you've been playing this game long enough, you can recognize the traps, and the value. Current value IMHO is in select gold with lower premiums, and it's long-standing status of a more reliable, stable storage of wealth and inflation protection. Sure, silber has more upside, but also more downside based on history. Just depends upon the GSR, your age, risk tolerance, and objectives how much to invest in which PM's. Good luck out there folks.

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
a year ago,

1622090845615.png

2014 to end of 2019
didn't have to go back that far but you're right...now is not the time to be stacking with both fists unless you have nothing, then, eh, i'm in for minimum $50, and it's been there twice in my lifetime, but, it may never get there again, or we may be barred from ownership, or the world runs out, or??? , so...

but, it's not my fiat, so, maybe i'll just step aside and add:
it's really never a bad time to add to your stack...

you just have to get as close to 100% value for your fiat as you can and $5 over spot, which is a bargain today, is not really that good of a deal

and in my case, i now add 9% State Theft to the price...it's not a value for me, not right now

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
and in my case, i now add 9% State Theft to the price...it's not a value for me, not right now
This would be a killer for me. I would do whatever I can to avoid being robbed by the State of Komiefornia every single time

I'd be shuckin and jivin, bobbin and weavin making deals in dark allies to keep every penny I can from those money grabbing commie bastards running that shit show on the left coast!

Fuck them, they'd get nuthin from me!!!!

Last edited:

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
This would be a killer for me. I would do whatever I can to avoid being robbed by the State of Komiefornia every single time
and not buying crap that I don't need, along with having a strategy some years ago, make that a real easy #1 choice

:green tea:

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
How many last chances does this make?

Argentsum

Blown Away
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Miners are hard at work tearing silver from the earth's crust with all the skill and sweat they can command
But all this effort is nothing compared to the Federal Reserve's money printer that goes, "Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

No Bitcoin returns on this out-of-style commodity. Just a generalized (and somewhat randomized) pace keeping
with inflation.

Not that I'm currently buying or selling silver. I don't care about baking the cake.

I still subscribe to holding 5-10% of one's holdings in PMs. Don't need to go crazy about it.

Merely another component in wealth diversification.

ToBeSelfEvident

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Silver is too expensive; my average is under $20/oz. Instead I've been trying to upgrade some of the electronics around here while Chinese crap is still dirt cheap.

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Instead I've been trying to upgrade some of the electronics around here while Chinese crap is still dirt cheap.
"All the better to hear you and see you with my dear" - sez Chi Comm Wolf

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Commodity prices across the board and inflation are running rampant. Define "undervalued." We've heard "last chance" many times before by the pumpers and newsletter hucksters. Not trying to be an antagonistic ass or anything, but the time to load up on feinsilber was mid 2014 to end of 2019 when silver spot was $14-18 for most of that period, the market was dead, and premiums were rock bottom...generic and 90% Constitutional at $0.50 over spot, SAE's and other .gov coins at $2.50-3.00 over spot. When you've been playing this game long enough, you can recognize the traps, and the value. Current value IMHO is in select gold with lower premiums, and it's long-standing status of a more reliable, stable storage of wealth and inflation protection. Sure, silber has more upside, but also more downside based on history. Just depends upon the GSR, your age, risk tolerance, and objectives how much to invest in which PM's. Good luck out there folks.
But you are not ruling out a near term moonshot?

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Define "undervalued."
Inexpensive relative to other assets. Silver is cheap relative to nearly every commodity in existence. Compare it to copper, steel, aluminum, etc and you'll find value there. The only potentially better values off the top of my head are platinum and uranium.

Compare the cost of an ounce of silver to food, housing, energy, fuel, education, etc and you'll find enormous value. Historically silver is a fraction of its all time high relative to gold when both are measured in fiat.

Yeah silver looks expensive in dollar terms at the moment, but we all know that's not an accurate way to determine value. The dollar is shrinking and silver has been gaining vs the buck faster than gold, but it's a near term trend and zooming out shows us that silver still has many times further to run than does gold. As to downside, that seems almost entirely a paper price risk to me. Physical silver premiums are the highest ever and have held above 20% for months. When paper silver gets smacked down, the physical price of ownership barely moves. Yeah it was nice stacking silver in the single digits, as I did, and I hope everyone here did likewise, but silver is just getting started in my opinion and will massively outperform gold going forward.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Silver is too expensive; my average is under $20/oz. Instead I've been trying to upgrade some of the electronics around here while Chinese crap is still dirt cheap.
Silver didn't get more expensive, the dollar is worth less than it was before. Nothing becomes more expensive....the dollar simply shrinks in value over time and you need more of them now to buy the same thing. Once the dollar hits a point where it crashes and burns you probably won't be able to afford silver. I suspect none of us would because at that point the silver ship would have already sailed

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Silver didn't get more expensive, the dollar is worth less than it was before. Nothing becomes more expensive....the dollar simply shrinks in value over time and you need more of them now to buy the same thing. Once the dollar hits a point where it crashes and burns you probably won't be able to afford silver. I suspect none of us would because at that point the silver ship would have already sailed
"Preaching to the Choir" and the few Newbees that have not figure it out.

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Just thinking outloud...
Buck could you send your purchase to a friend's or family's address in a non tax state, then after you receive a tracking number use the shipping company to reroute the package to your place?

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just thinking outloud...
Buck could you send your purchase to a friend's or family's address in a non tax state, then after you receive a tracking number use the shipping company to reroute the package to your place?
yes, i sell stuff to the chins who address it to forwarding companies who move it along to them, overseas

yes...except

the KYC means, the 'legitimate buyer', the buyer who's account is created, has to be connected to the desired State...so, in essence, there are some hoops to make it happen

years ago, before on-line taxes, this craphole has a tax law that says Tax It for purchase under 1500.00 and Tax Free for those over that amount

to circumvent that: i was going to open a shill company in another State, run it out of a mail forwarding service but have them hold it and not forward, use the time i spent driving back and forth to pick up my mail, as a business expense / vacation but felt the value was better spent on metals so i located a few sources who don't require that tax payment...and now that on-line has instilled sales-tax, without proper representation, i'd like to add...and since the premiums are sky-high

i'm basically not much of a buyer right now but if i did, i'd go shopping my LCS...but they can't get any

it's so weird right now...

it's either going to blow up or it's going to settle down and settling down is based upon manipulation, the blow'd up part, idk what that's going to look like...

:summer:

ps:
at one time i was contemplating going to Mexico and getting my Libertards direct from the bank but decided against that idea also...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I took a backroad through California and made a stop in calexico about 10 years ago.
A small pawn type G&S shop there was buying coins from people who crossed over from Mexico and reselling at a steep premium but no $1500 California tax threshold.
I found out that they sent most of their stock to a pawnshop in downtown El centro.
Same deal there but they charged the applicable tax rate.
I only bought one piece from them that I first saw on a return trip home after thinking about it all weekend.
It was a 1/4 ounce banca cremi plata onza bar priced at $22. I thought Wholly Cow $22 for a 1/4 ounce bar.
Then I did some research when I got back home and couldn't find but a few on the computer.
When I returned a few months later it was still there so I asked about it again, the seller knocked the dust off and said its priced at $22.
Yikes, for a 1/4 ounce bar?
I commented, That's a hefty premium for the cool factor.

He went back and checked his computer, said it's been here a year and he could do better on the price...$6.
Here is the first photo of it sitting in their case.
Yes I bought it.
20180818_143936.jpg

nowon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
In case you're wondering how to take delivery from Comex

Buck

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took a backroad through California and made a stop in calexico about 10 years ago.
A small pawn type G&S shop there was buying coins from people who crossed over from Mexico and reselling at a steep premium but no $1500 California tax threshold.
I found out that they sent most of their stock to a pawnshop in downtown El centro.
Same deal there but they charged the applicable tax rate.
I only bought one piece from them that I first saw on a return trip home after thinking about it all weekend.
It was a 1/4 ounce banca cremi plata onza bar priced at $22. I thought Wholly Cow $22 for a 1/4 ounce bar.
Then I did some research when I got back home and couldn't find but a few on the computer.
When I returned a few months later it was still there so I asked about it again, the seller knocked the dust off and said its priced at $22.
Yikes, for a 1/4 ounce bar?
I commented, That's a hefty premium for the cool factor.

He went back and checked his computer, said it's been here a year and he could do better on the price...$6.
Here is the first photo of it sitting in their case.
Yes I bought it.
View attachment 212379
i have an acquaintance who 'deals' with some Mexico coinage, he picked most of it up years ago, deep deep discounts, no one wanted it then

he still has a lot of it and he wants too much for it, but, there is a growing market for Mexico coins, the history, the revolutions, the re-strikes...

I nearly started creating another collection from that way, if only he'd have sold me a few pieces 'on the cheap' i'd have bought some from him...greedy bstid, he's still sitting on them

i did flip some $300 certified specimen for him on ebay, i don't recall but it was silver dollar...there's a growing market for Mexico coins and they can still be sniped on ebay, but, i just can't do it, for me, like Lays potato chips...i can't just get one

like a fat kid and cake but i needed the will-power : )

GL