• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

"Silver" lining of lower prices - good entry prices for the royalty companies

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Metalla looks fantastic in the 7's too. Almost 100% gains just getting back to the old high.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Tickers would go a long way to helping folks find 'em....

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
This? Not really looking that great to me. Looks like a lot of opening up stocks and it's rolling over. 18 dMa just about to drop under the 54 dMa.

1630429392584.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Weekly chart on Metalla, MTA, looks worse IMO. I don't know what would be the cause but it gives me pause.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
This? Not really looking that great to me. Looks like a lot of opening up stocks and it's rolling over. 18 dMa just about to drop under the 54 dMa.

View attachment 223487

Franco Nevada (FNV) is a leading streaming and royalty company. They give companies that actually mine metal cash, and they take back a share of what they pull out of the ground, which arrangement is called a stream of income or royalty payment.

Stock price is lower than it used to be. It jused to be north of 150.

Company is the same company, you just get more shares when they are on sale.

More inof here; take a look at slide 11:

savvydon

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Looks like if MTA gets above the 50 dma it has some room to run:

screenshot_141.png

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Franco Nevada (FNV) is a leading streaming and royalty company. They give companies that actually mine metal cash, and they take back a share of what they pull out of the ground, which arrangement is called a stream of income or royalty payment.

Stock price is lower than it used to be. It jused to be north of 150.

Company is the same company, you just get more shares when they are on sale.

More inof here; take a look at slide 11:

Yeah I know, I've owned WPM for some time but not at the moment. Sold that too early. 0.83% yield on FNV. Pass. No debt? Well that's a plus

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I've owned WPM for some time but not at the moment. Sold that too early. 0.83% yield on FNV. Pass. No debt? Well that's a plus

Thats fair, but with FNV you are paying for a better track record. I've owned WPM before and wished that I had bought FNV.

On Yahoo Finance, you can compare their charts on top of each other.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Thats fair, but with FNV you are paying for a better track record. I've owned WPM before and wished that I had bought FNV.

On Yahoo Finance, you can compare their charts on top of each other.

FNV appears to have more steady growth and that is something Wall Street loves but I hate paying up for that. I saw in that presentation that they have diversified into energy. Not really my favorite idea for a mining company. But I couldn't find a percentage of how much Revenue is coming from each product. Do you know how much Rev is from energy?

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
FNV appears to have more steady growth and that is something Wall Street loves but I hate paying up for that. I saw in that presentation that they have diversified into energy. Not really my favorite idea for a mining company. But I couldn't find a percentage of how much Revenue is coming from each product. Do you know how much Rev is from energy?

They expect about $150-170 revenue million annually, and their annual revenue is about $1,300 million ($1.3 billion), so roughly 10%.

Its not their focus, and if these guys took energy royalties then they got them at good prices.