• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silver next upswing

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think it was a "bailout". Someone had to get out of their position as it turned against them so it got bumped to get out flat or at a small gain............

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
silver 11:25:19.png

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
16.64 .........................has been current correction so far...................
Silver leading on strength this morning. If we see good follow through this could indicate that the worst of the correction is behind us.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So we should be buying in the US & selling somewhere else then bringing the money back in country to make a 30% - expenses profit?
Seems like a carry trade to me. Someone is doing it I'm sure!

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So we should be buying in the US & selling somewhere else then bringing the money back in country to make a 30% - expenses profit?
Seems like a carry trade to me. Someone is doing it I'm sure!

The market leader don't have to deal with physical trouble, and hence rich is getting richer, we are left with counting chickens.

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
1577480701085.png

After correction of 49.78 to 13.63 of silver in 2011, it rose to 21.13. That was the first bull wave.

Wave i === 13.63 - 21.13 = 7.50 -----55%
Wave ii === 21.13 - 13.89 = 7.24 -----34%
Wave iii === 13.89 - 21.52 = 7.63 ---- 55%
---------"------------- 26.11 (1.6 x wave i)

Wave iii has to reach 21.52 / 26.11

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Bman33

Silver Surfer
Bid $19.82 as I type. Would love to see it soar. I have 5 packages of Provident and JMBullion coming in the mail today. All Silver. They were small orders but will be fun to get in.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
End of seasonal weakness, it’s up from here into winter methinks. The $20 silver cake is coming out of the oven soon.

0c,
R.

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Bid $19.82 as I type. Would love to see it soar. I have 5 packages of Provident and JMBullion coming in the mail today. All Silver. They were small orders but will be fun to get in.

Congrats
The real unfolding will begin after closing over 50$ for three consecutive days.

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
I'm afraid to write it to avoid hexing myself but I expect at least a 25 - 30% retracement (maybe more) when the insane stock bubble finally detonates and there's a general scramble to liquidate assets in the face of murderous margin calls...

RR

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm afraid to write it to avoid hexing myself but I expect at least a 25 - 30% retracement (maybe more) when the insane stock bubble finally detonates and there's a general scramble to liquidate assets in the face of murderous margin calls...

RR
Roger

we are already above 25% retracement, and moving forward, as the shorts are forced to cover their position.
weak hands have been exchanged.

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
Roger

we are already above 25% retracement, and moving forward, as the shorts are forced to cover their position.
weak hands have been exchanged.

Ahhh, but when there is a 75% implosion in the market, there is going to be (temporarily) an implosion in PM prices for a term due to frenzied fund raising. After THAT there will be steady price growth but not to the wishing levels that some believe, but to back to historical valuations.

Remember, the value of Au has remained steady for millennia. In Imperial Rome a gold Aureus would buy you a nice toga, In Medieval England a Noble would buy you a nice short tunic, tights and belt. In the U.S. Today, a single gold AE can be traded for a nice suit. The value of Au has remained constant, the inflationary debasement of the underlying currency has been what inflates the "price" of gold.

It was so in Roman times, and it is so today...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_currency

RR

Last edited:

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Ahhh, but when there is a 75% implosion in the market, there is going to be (temporarily) an implosion in PM prices for a term due to frenzied fund raising. After THAT there will be steady price growth but not to the wishing levels that some believe, but to back to historical valuations.

Remember, the price of Au has remained steady for millennia. In Imperial Rome a gold Aureus would buy you a nice toga, In Medieval England a Noble would buy you a nice short tunic, tights and belt. In the U.S. Today, a single gold AE can be traded for a nice suit. The value of Au has remained constant, the inflationary debasement of the underlying currency has been what inflates the "price" of gold.

RR

you must be right, so here we conclude that investment in gold or any natural resource for that matter keep us afloat.

But right now it is matter of where to park your hard earned/saved/looted money .......in any uncertainty, people trust real money, be it bubble of 2000, 2008, and now in 2020 (covid) only the natural resources will rise.

And for me, I may buy many thing for 1800$ than that suit. :funky:

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
FYI ~ I see the next Train Stop at $30...... that level will be a tougher test than $20.

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
FYI ~ I see the next Train Stop at $30...... that level will be a tougher test than $20.

"IF", silver rise above present price of 23.05, than the next target is 26.37$

As silver is in unchartered territory, meaning absence of up-moving EW standard for this wave, I cannot predict the exact upward target.

1595451633186.png

Last edited:

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker

Remember, the value of Au has remained steady for millennia. In Imperial Rome a gold Aureus would buy you a nice toga, In Medieval England a Noble would buy you a nice short tunic, tights and belt. In the U.S. Today, a single gold AE can be traded for a nice suit. The value of Au has remained constant, the inflationary debasement of the underlying currency has been what inflates the "price" of gold.

RR
The Aureus and the Noble both contained about 1/4 of an oz of gold. Does that invalidate your point?

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
The Aureus and the Noble both contained about 1/4 of an oz of gold. Does that invalidate your point?
Nope, I didn't claim an exact weight correlation, I just used the primary gold coin of those regimes as an example. Perhaps a better one for the U.S. right now would be a pre 33 Double Eagle which was a circulating coin vs the AE which is a bullion coin

RR

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Nope, I didn't claim an exact weight correlation, I just used the primary gold coin of those regimes as an example. Perhaps a better one for the U.S. right now would be a pre 33 Double Eagle which was a circulating coin vs the AE which is a bullion coin

RR

Regardless of representation, gold will win over any monetary system, as it is used to pay DEBT, and not attached to debt

:dduck:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
'In Medieval England a Noble would buy you a nice short tunic, tights and belt. '

I am down for some tights and a tunic, where do I sign up?

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker

RR
Hmmm. You said: "Remember, the price of Au has remained steady for millennia. In Imperial Rome a gold Aureus would buy you a nice toga, In Medieval England a Noble would buy you a nice short tunic, tights and belt. In the U.S. Today, a single gold AE can be traded for a nice suit. The value of Au has remained constant,"

But in fact it appears that what once cost 1/4 oz, now costs 1 oz. So the price of Au is 1/4 of what it was and its value has not remained constant.

I know I'm being a bit of a pedant, but there are plenty of these "goldbug myths and sayings" (for lack of a better expression) that we happily trot out without sufficient examination. And plenty of them turn out not to really be true when properly examined.