• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silver next upswing

Roger Ramjet

Lost in a Time Warp
Hmmm. You said: "Remember, the price of Au has remained steady for millennia. In Imperial Rome a gold Aureus would buy you a nice toga, In Medieval England a Noble would buy you a nice short tunic, tights and belt. In the U.S. Today, a single gold AE can be traded for a nice suit. The value of Au has remained constant,"

But in fact it appears that what once cost 1/4 oz, now costs 1 oz. So the price of Au is 1/4 of what it was and its value has not remained constant.

I know I'm being a bit of a pedant, but there are plenty of these "goldbug myths and sayings" (for lack of a better expression) that we happily trot out without sufficient examination. And plenty of them turn out not to really be true when properly examined.
Sorry but I have to disagree! If we are going to run with similar weights of Au, which I guess for this purpose will be 1/4 ounce, then lets use this as the standin for our current era:

https://www.jmbullion.com/5-liberty-gold-eagle-xf/

Note that it's a circulation coin, not a bullion coin. I don't know about you but I can purchase a very nice suit for this amount. In fact I've never spent this much on one in 60 years. Not an Armani, but a nice suit. Just as in ancient Rome and Medieval England. The value remains constant. I have to stand by my assertion.

RR

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Midas Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Well, I don't know where these 'SUIT' guys shop, but I can easily buy 3 suits for 1-oz. of gold.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Silver still has a ways to go before it hits $40/oz (when I sold 95% of mine, bought between $9 & $12).... Only have 100oz now...

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Silver still has a ways to go before it hits $40/oz (when I sold 95% of mine, bought between $9 & $12).... Only have 100oz now...
wave i.......11.62 – 15.84 = 4.22
wave ii......15.84 – 14.53 = 1.31
wave iii.....14.53 – 18.37 = 3.84
wave iv......18.37 – 16.94 = 1.43
wave v.......16.94 – 23.25 = 6.31

Even EW theory fails here.........
wave iii can never be smallest.

uncharted territory.................MHO....SHOULD CORRECT

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
wave i.......11.62 – 15.84 = 4.22
wave ii......15.84 – 14.53 = 1.31
wave iii.....14.53 – 18.37 = 3.84
wave iv......18.37 – 16.94 = 1.43
wave v.......16.94 – 23.25 = 6.31

Even EW theory fails here.........
wave iii can never be smallest.

uncharted territory.................MHO....SHOULD CORRECT
"IF", silver rise above present price of 23.05, than the next target is 26.37$

As silver is in unchartered territory, meaning absence of up-moving EW standard for this wave, I cannot predict the exact upward target.

View attachment 173544

Silver in no mood to regress.......................moving above 23.25.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Silver in no mood to regress.......................moving above 23.25.
Metals on the move once again! I have silver at 23.71

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
1595822796588.png

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
A very special article from my guru (to whom once I had defied on this forum, and was proven right against him) in EW,

ALF FIELD on SILVER. hold your breath...................

https://www.silver-phoenix500.com/article/new-ew-silver-discovery

Thus a 100% increase in the price of gold could possibly be accompanied by a simultaneous 400% increase (perhaps more) in the price of silver. This offers significant opportunities both in silver bullion and silver mining shares.

and foolish me, earlier was hoarding gold, now hoarded more silver..................

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
A very special article from my guru (to whom once I had defied on this forum, and was proven right against him) in EW,

ALF FIELD on SILVER. hold your breath...................

https://www.silver-phoenix500.com/article/new-ew-silver-discovery

Thus a 100% increase in the price of gold could possibly be accompanied by a simultaneous 400% increase (perhaps more) in the price of silver. This offers significant opportunities both in silver bullion and silver mining shares.

and foolish me, earlier was hoarding gold, now hoarded more silver..................
An ounce of silver and gold won't increase at all in value. All that will increase is the amount of green toilet paper someone would trade you for it

Last edited:

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Silver and gold won't increase at all in value. All that will increase is the amount of green toilet paper someone would trade you for it
"the_shootist

right on, but if we were not interested in these metals, we would have, deflated frn in hand...................come on

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
"the_shootist

right on, but if we were not interested in this metals, we would have, deflated frn in hand...................come on
I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all for those here, I'm just stating the realism of what we're seeing this past 2 weeks. Make no mistake, we who had the foresight to move paper monopoly money wealth into real value are reaping the rewards in the sense that our wealth isn't melting like an ice cream cone in the Sun!

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
That would mean land owners would lose.
That would mean that land would be more affordable to more people again

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
People don't want land. If they did we wouldn't see so much of it being sold off. There is a very low percentage of people that are happy to just survive on their land.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
People don't want land. If they did we wouldn't see so much of it being sold off. There is a very low percentage of people that are happy to just survive on their land.

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all for those here, I'm just stating the realism of what we're seeing this past 2 weeks. Make no mistake, we who had the foresight to move paper monopoly money wealth into real value are reaping the rewards in the sense that our wealth isn't melting like an ice cream cone in the Sun!
True, but have to remember, that good investment has to be finally used to fullfill our wishes, otherwise of no use.

I invested in only natural resources and retired at 45 and now own boss.

d-lod

Silver Member
Silver Miner

It depends. If country is populace than it is better than gold/silver

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Value is a mental phenomenon. It is subjective.

Gold changes value whenever the marginal buyer or marginal seller changes his mind.

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
It depends. If country is populace than it is better than gold/silver
I've always said land was better than gold just because it can feed you while possibly giving you dividends every year.

VaSolvo

all seriousness aside
I've had it in my head for a long time that gold is portable land. Have even tried to make the swap a time or two in the past. No takers yet. And not 1 acre:1 ozt. Have offered multiple ounces. Guess I'm not approaching the right people.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've always said land was better than gold just because it can feed you while possibly giving you dividends every year.
Real Estate, land etc is great but one better have gold in reserve to pay the taxes, or it's gone.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've had it in my head for a long time that gold is portable land. Have even tried to make the swap a time or two in the past. No takers yet. And not 1 acre:1 ozt. Have offered multiple ounces. Guess I'm not approaching the right people.
I have 55 acres in East Tennessee I'd trade. 2oz per acre. It's river front and has two springs.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I don't want to jinx anything but this may be what we've all been waiting for for a long time, the market correction and the collapse of the USD. I pity the poor fools who didn't get in when the gittin was good

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I have 55 acres in East Tennessee I'd trade. 2oz per acre. It's river front and has two springs.
Pics?? maybe we should talk

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Real Estate, land etc is great but one better have gold in reserve to pay the taxes, or it's gone.
Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about this tax RE tax thingy....we need to get rid of that shit you know

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I want land.