• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silver price to explode soon?

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good article,

The problem today is that Ag is priced into the 'honest' markets of the SLV exchange. that same exchange dictates Ag at anywhere between `12 and 50 dollars an ounce on the international exchanges. There is a reason why Ag has been traded this cheap for so long. The agenda has been to entice people to depend on the same tech, that in the future will be a privilege for anyone that is willing to pay for it.. Tech needs silver like gold. Au is worth salvaging at $1300 Oz, at $16 an ounce Ag is not worth the effort.

Watch this space for a price hike in the near-medium future.

SH

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
This article focuses on gold, but the seasonals for silver are comparable. There were major rallies in silver and gold in the 4th quarter (and extending into the first quarter of the next year) in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2010. It is long past time for metals to rally again later this year, and the rally should be much larger than in previous years to compensate for the persistent manipulation since 2011. Will 2018 be the year that challenges the bankster manipulation? Time will tell, but I want to be invested in hopes the answer is a crushing YES!

Seasonal gold.jpg

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...-summer-doldrums-end-history-says-pretty-soon

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
The natural state of affairs with sound money should be deflation over time. Oil should be more cost effective to drill, refine, and transport over time. Sound money is measure of the value of labor. As oil production becomes more efficient, it should decrease in labor hours. This would be reflected in replacing labor with capital equipment and the like. Peak oil is a myth and there is ample evidence that not only is oil being replaced over time, but that oil can be formed in the laboratory in hours (it doesn't take a trillion years as some evolutionary scientists have postulated).

Now one might argue that cost to mine metal would decrease over time as well thus offsetting the decrease in oil costs. While this might be true.....if metals were always as readily available as they were in the past. In reality, surface and high concentration areas are depleted and miners have to move to deeper and less concentrated areas of ore. This difficulty in sourcing new resources may offset with the decrease in costs due to technology, so even if mining costs remain relatively constant, as seen earlier oil costs are decreasing thus metal value should increase relative to oil in the long run.

Of further significance is that as alternative sources of energy are encouraged, as well as efiiciencies in useage (see increase in mpg over time for automobiles for instance), oil should thus be less demanded further making it less valuable per unit of metal. One offset to this which we are currently sseeing is that since metal is not used for money currently, there is significantly less demand for it. If fiat were to collapse and metals were needed for daily transactions or to be held in vault as collateral, the price would skyrocket compared to real goods such as oil. This is what most GIMers are banking on.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Could not agree more Goldie,

Although yonks ago there were a fraction of petroleum vehicles that we see clogging our growing cities today. Demographics ensures the steady flow of economic migrants and refugees into the most prosperous areas of the globe. And as the population increases, we find many more people commute a daily distance to work each day, that, if you were lucky to own a horse and cart in those days would have been a 2 day ride with a wagon on the way to some vacation spot. Nonetheless, anyone who concedes that the SLV market is an honest reflection of how many ounces of silver is above ground, really needs their bumps felt. And whilst things can tick along as they currently do, with people fixated on easy credit and ever exploding Sx and housing, the game will continue. And whilst wealthy countries accept more migrants, housing is sure to be in short supply. But one fine day, something will happen that is least expected, and there will be an absolute exodus from promises and illusions of wealth, into the real thing. At this conjecture, there will not be enough liquid assets in the market that could absorb this catastrophe unless there are a re-pegs and re-evaluations of the/a world currency. .

Like many here we have been waiting.......................................And waiting................and waiting. The meek will inherit the world. For many of us though, we are growing impatient.

Its only been 11 years of making 2-4 % a year whilst everything else has either tripled or doubled.

SH

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Talk talk talk....keep stacking but don't listen to this 'Silver is going to the Moon' bullshit. No one knows when and if it will take off but it's still a solid place to store wealth!
Which "this 'Silver is going to the Moon' bullshit" are you ranting about? I don't see any "this 'Silver is going to the Moon' bullshit". Do you think it makes you sound smarter by saying to buy metals, but ignore other comments that say to buy metals?

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I got into PM's soon after this, ohhh I remember so well !!

LBJ 23 July 1965

We are gathered here today for a very rare and historic occasion in our Nation's history.

Before I make some observations that I have made note of here, I want to say to the Congress again, as I do almost daily these days, in the words of the Navy--"Well done."

When I have signed this bill before me, we will have made the first fundamental change in our coinage in 173 years. The Coinage Act of 1965 supersedes the act of 1792. And that act had the title: An Act Establishing a Mint and Regulating the Coinage of the United States.

Since that time our coinage of dimes, and quarters, and half dollars, and dollars have contained 90 percent silver. Today, except for the silver dollar, we are establishing a new coinage to take its place beside the old.

My Secretary of the Treasury, Joe Fowler, is a little stingy about making samples, but I have some here. Joe made sure that I wouldn't put them in my pocket by sending them over here in plastic.

Actually, no new coins can be minted until this bill is signed. So these strikes, as they are called, are coins that we will never use. On one side is our first First Lady, Martha Washington. On the other, a replica of Mount Vernon.

The new dimes and the new quarters will contain no silver. They will be composites, with faces of the same alloy used in our 5-cent piece that is bonded to a core of pure copper. They will show a copper edge.

Our new half dollar will continue our silver tradition. Eighty percent silver on the outside and 19 percent silver inside. It will be nearly indistinguishable in appearance from our present half dollar.

All these new coins will be the same size and will bear the same designs as do their present counterparts. And they will fit all the parking meters and all the coin machines and will have the same monetary value as the present ones.

Now, all of you know these changes are necessary for a very simple reason--silver is a scarce material. Our uses of silver are growing as our population and our economy grows. The hard fact is that silver consumption is now more than double new silver production each year. So, in the face of this worldwide shortage of silver, and our rapidly growing need for coins, the only really prudent course was to reduce our dependence upon silver for making our coins.

If we had not done so, we would have risked chronic coin shortages in the very near future.

There is no change in the penny and the nickel. There is no change in the silver dollar, although we have no present plans for silver dollar production.

Some have asked whether our silver coins will disappear. The answer is very definitely-no.

Nixon Then Created the 1973-1975 Recession

In 1973, Nixon devalued the dollar even further, making an ounce of gold worth $42. As the dollar devalued, people sold their greenbacks for gold. By late 1973, Nixon decoupled the dollar from gold completely. The market quickly sent the price of the precious metal to $120 per ounce. Inflation was in the double-digits. It ended the 100-year history of the gold standard.
Isn.t that how LBJ when confronted with the old guns or butter decision found out a way to do them both?
I saw first hand how his programs trashed many working class neighborhoods while at the same time sending the sons of working class families to be bullet dodgers in Vietnam.

i

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
From Weatherman's post:

care.jpg

I haven't quit caring since I started caring. It's just that sometimes I care more than other times !!
Be patient, when it moves it may take a while before it stops. I hope.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Isn.t that how LBJ when confronted with the old guns or butter decision found out a way to do them both?
I saw first hand how his programs trashed many working class neighborhoods while at the same time sending the sons of working class families to be bullet dodgers in Vietnam.i
Lying
Bastard
Johnson

Who killed JFK ? LBJ

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Surprised, I am, by the sharp drop in metals prices over the past few months but hopeful, I continue to be, that other nations with deep pockets (China, Russia, India, etc.) will step up to take delivery in December, and burn multitudes of shorts in the process. After purchases near the lows 8/16 and again 8/24, I am fully invested. The article below is music to my ears. It is long overdue for a substantial rally into the end of year, just like the metals did in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2010. YMMV so DYODD.

Gold.jpg

https://www.jsmineset.com/2018/08/23/jims-mailbox-2226/

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Which "this 'Silver is going to the Moon' bullshit" are you ranting about? I don't see any "this 'Silver is going to the Moon' bullshit". Do you think it makes you sound smarter by saying to buy metals, but ignore other comments that say to buy metals?
I buy metals to preserve wealth, not because I read articles by speculators that spot prices will be exploding. There are all sorts of examples of those articles around. I guess my message is protect wealth in metals to the limit where you're comfortable but don't buy them expecting to get rich because you read an article that tells you spot prices will eventually go 'to the moon'.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I do rant quite a bit here because the wife won't let me rant around the house :) Most people here ignore me, and rightfully so!

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'll bet the people in Venezuela that have silver of any kind are doing / living much better than paper millionaires & billionaires.
Face it, we didn't do it to get rich we did to to survive during hard times.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'll bet the people in Venezuela that have silver of any kind are doing / living much better than paper millionaires & billionaires.
Face it, we didn't do it to get rich we did to to survive during hard times.
Correctumundo!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
1535208324638.png

We've all read this crap before.
"Second Verse same as First. I'm Hen.ery the 8tyh I am. Hen.ery the 8th I am I am..."

Wish in one hand. Sh!t in the other. See which one fills up first.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I buy metals to preserve wealth, not because I read articles by speculators that spot prices will be exploding. There are all sorts of examples of those articles around. I guess my message is protect wealth in metals to the limit where you're comfortable but don't buy them expecting to get rich because you read an article that tells you spot prices will eventually go 'to the moon'.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I do rant quite a bit here because the wife won't let me rant around the house :) Most people here ignore me, and rightfully so!
If buying what you can when you can makes you happy, then keep on keeping on. Delaying my purchases in the past year to the lows of last week and again Friday makes me happy that I got more bang for my buck. Keeping all of it to "protect wealth" is OK if that is your preference, and I plan to keep some too, but I plan to cash in some chips in the next bull run to convert the paper profits into other investments. I expect another run, and a subsequent beat down, before the dollar disintegrates, and I much prefer to convert some metals gains I can capture during the run up into other resources that will bypass the beat down cycle in metals. Doing that requires some sense of timing, both on the buy and the sell sides. Since the timing is an area of interest to me, the articles I post relate to the timing of the start for the next bull market move. Timing the start of the next move higher is the thrust of the articles I posted, not "to the moon" high prices. There is no good reason to criticize the concept of timing just because your approach of buying what you can when you can ignores timing and prices. You simply have a different style than the articles I post in my threads. You would be much happier to ignore my threads, and start your own to tell the world that you buy what you can when you can without regard to prices or timing.

What is your fixation on "to the moon"? How high would silver prices need to go to meet your "moon" criteria? I will be happy to sell some of my metals assets around $30 silver in approximately 6 - 8 months. Is $30 a "moonshot" in your mind? Before the FED and its bankster dogs slammed the metals markets in 2011, the metals prices increased substantially from August of 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2010 through the fallowing spring. Look at the charts and you will see that for yourself. If 2018-2019 rhymes with history, I will be happy to take some profits and convert them to other areas. The fact that you will keep buying what you can when you can as prices increase and then as they get slammed back down again is of no more interest to me than timing is to you. If you put your ideas in to a thread, I may read it occasionally, but I will not try to play Debbie Downer in your thread. I would appreciate it if you avoid the Debbie Downer syndrome in the threads I post too. Positive ideas and contributions are always welcome, but persistently negative things that say little more than "I don't like that" quickly become tiresome.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If buying what you can when you can makes you happy, then keep on keeping on. Delaying my purchases in the past year to the lows of last week and again Friday makes me happy that I got more bang for my buck. Keeping all of it to "protect wealth" is OK if that is your preference, and I plan to keep some too, but I plan to cash in some chips in the next bull run to convert the paper profits into other investments. I expect another run, and a subsequent beat down, before the dollar disintegrates, and I much prefer to convert some metals gains I can capture during the run up into other resources that will bypass the beat down cycle in metals. Doing that requires some sense of timing, both on the buy and the sell sides. Since the timing is an area of interest to me, the articles I post relate to the timing of the start for the next bull market move. Timing the start of the next move higher is the thrust of the articles I posted, not "to the moon" high prices. There is no good reason to criticize the concept of timing just because your approach of buying what you can when you can ignores timing and prices. You simply have a different style than the articles I post in my threads. You would be much happier to ignore my threads, and start your own to tell the world that you buy what you can when you can without regard to prices or timing.

What is your fixation on "to the moon"? How high would silver prices need to go to meet your "moon" criteria? I will be happy to sell some of my metals assets around $30 silver in approximately 6 - 8 months. Is $30 a "moonshot" in your mind? Before the FED and its bankster dogs slammed the metals markets in 2011, the metals prices increased substantially from August of 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2010 through the fallowing spring. Look at the charts and you will see that for yourself. If 2018-2019 rhymes with history, I will be happy to take some profits and convert them to other areas. The fact that you will keep buying what you can when you can as prices increase and then as they get slammed back down again is of no more interest to me than timing is to you. If you put your ideas in to a thread, I may read it occasionally, but I will not try to play Debbie Downer in your thread. I would appreciate it if you avoid the Debbie Downer syndrome in the threads I post too. Positive ideas and contributions are always welcome, but persistently negative things that say little more than "I don't like that" quickly become tiresome.
There is no 'right way' for all. You seem to have a sound plan and it works for you. We all have different comfort levels and different needs. If my opinions offend or disturb you in some way there's not much I can do about that

Veli Hopea

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What made silver such a valuable commodity that pirates would raid ships to get their hands on it? I doubt it had anything to do with nanoparticles

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
In april, banks were net short an all time high 116,000+ silver contracts

As of this week, banks are net long silver comex for the first time in history

Probably means it's gonna keep crashing to 8 bucks or be free soon

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
In april, banks were net short an all time high 116,000+ silver contracts

As of this week, banks are net long silver comex for the first time in history

Probably means it's gonna keep crashing to 8 bucks or be free soon
Good. I need to stack it deep on the cheap.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah but I didn't try to take my country off the world banking system. That's what got him hung.
Taking his oil exports off the USA petrodollar and signing up to the Euro oil bourse sealed his fate also, its why Bushranger GW arrived in ME on USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003. just 3 weeks after bombing Saddam's city proclaiming "mission accomplished" whilst stealing his art and gold on the way. Nothing to do with WMD, the war on terror, just all in the name of a regime change, and 15 years on NATO remain bogged down in a guerrilla war.

SH

Peter52

Yeah but I didn't try to take my country off the world banking system. That's what got him hung.
If tomorrow Teheran resume selling oil against $, suddenly social unrests would stop, sanctions disappear, maybe they wouldn't be allowed to have the nuclear, but apart from that CNN would start sending those "Persia, a lovely place to visit" advertisement clips and the Iranians would finally be left alone

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Most countries despise the us, the easiest way for them to crash us is take delivery on metals, show the
World the fraud of our financial system

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Really? Silver up a buck and no chatter or anything?

NO PICTURES AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
2018 spot Gold and spot Silver percentage returns:

Spot gold ---> down 1.56% for 2018

Spot silver ---> down 8.51% for 2018

Happy New Year.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Really? Silver up a buck and no chatter or anything?

NO PICTURES AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
We are up to 2007 prices again. :). The year I started buying metals. Bought a few oz of gold in the 680' I think it was. could have bought at 666 a couple times but for some strange reason i wouldn't touch it at that LOL.
Back then I remember watching the prices everyday on silver and if it went down a dime or so I would get excited over saving 10 bucks LOL. Now I don't even care. I just buy when I want to.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Silver is a dog. A rabid mangy dog. For the life of me I cant figure out why anyone would ever want to own any of it...

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The Mangy old dog will have its day in the sunshine, one day. We just need to be patient. When it does the price will blow away even the bulls. More and more practical uses from the dog are using up supply. So cheap is the dog, billions of ounces are discarded in landfills because it's not worth salvaging. Yet. The SLV atm is keeping prices of the solid and tangible to the downside.

Global gold production in 2017 stands at 3,247 metric tonnes, with China and Ruski hoarding. Silver production 25,000 Metric tonnes from the same year, most going into non-recyclable projects such as PC's mobile phones and solar. Ratio based on total global production, nearly 8:1 go figure and compare this to the insane ratios on the GLD/SLV markets

SH