• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silver

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Im refering to the rally into the 2011 high. I guess only gold made new highs then but the same point stands. The thing with any market is they go through bull and bear markets.
If you're not adjusting for the inflation of the currency supply then you're fooling yourself. Gold hasn't hit an all time high in inflation adjusted fiat since 1980 either. Think man. You're measuring value in units that are constantly shrinking.

qNZ1SYE.png

https://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/gold-is-near-an-all-time-inflation-adjusted-low

This is very different from the price of 1lbs of ground beef. Average price in 1980 dollars was $1.29 and today it's $4.18(+224%). Shall we compare housing prices in a similar fashion? Auto prices? College tuition? What do you suppose those price comparisons will show?

Why is it that only PMs seem to be so far below their inflation adjusted all time highs as measured in fiat?

It shows that demand for metals has not grown as much as demand for food or housing as population grew? Its pretty obvious young kids dont care about metals but they still like beef.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It shows that demand for metals has not grown as much as demand for food or housing as population grew? Its pretty obvious young kids dont care about metals but they still like beef.
Population increase = increased silver demand...yet the price of an ounce of silver in absolute dollar terms is -66% 1980-present. In inflation adjusted terms it's -90% during that time. Jeepers, you'd think the stuff was completely useless and not among the most crucial industrial metals on the planet. Sure kids don't care about silver...provided their cell phones and computers work.

VqCXQcB.jpg
http://www.wealthwire.com/news/metals/968

You're kidding yourself if you think supply & demand economics have much of anything to do with the POS.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yea, i think it was a mistake for me to talk about fundamentals. I really only care about technicals...
The technicals are easily manipulated by those that can print paper for nothing and pretend it's metal. Works great as long as people believe it has any validity.

Yxl7q2m.png
Oops looks like the "free" market just remembered that metals suck and are horribly overpriced at these levels.

Thats the thing... When you find a technical signal that works in a manipulated market, u will have higher probability of success.

Its said somewhere that elliot wave theory takes manipulation into acct. that theory is too complicated for me though. Technicians just use what works. for me, as long as what i use works, i will keep using it. I dont try to justify price action.

The very fact that i tried to impose my opinion on the market cost me to miss the rally in general stocks since 2012. U can read it the things i learned from my mistakes thread.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Thats the thing... When you find a technical signal that works in a manipulated market, u will have higher probability of success.

Its said somewhere that elliot wave theory takes manipulation into acct. that theory is too complicated for me though. Technicians just use what works. for me, as long as what i use works, i will keep using it. I dont try to justify price action.

The very fact that i tried to impose my opinion on the market cost me to miss the rally in general stocks since 2012. U can read it the things i learned from my mistakes thread.
I've zero interest in paper market debt scams. Stagnant wage growth for decades on end and the lowest work force participation rates in THIRTY-EIGHT years. Dow 18k only makes a whole bunch of sense...as long as you keep increasing the currency supply. Currently we have housing, equity, bond, & currency bubbles in full swing.

In this batshit crazy environment my only interest is in preserving my wealth in commodities & assets I can physically defend.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The manipulation of the markets is so obvious that one would need to go out of their way to state it doesn't exist.
Jeff Christian is the only one left who still says there is no manipulation. Obvious why he says it, and obvious who he works for.

I love Ted Butlers suggestion that the primary silver producers ask the regulators for an answer to why there is so much evidence for crimes going on, yet they still do not do their job as regulators.

Some silver producers are doing exacly what Ted suggested. They are asking for answers, the most exciting bit is to see what the regulators say.

http://gata.org/node/15422

I hope they dont do anything, then there should be a big investigation and show that the regulators the CFTC are just as big criminals as the criminal manipulators.

But the big question should not be is the silver price manipulated? We all know it is, the even larger more important question should be What is the real value of silver today?

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Andy Hoffman of Miles Franklin rips into the PM market manipulators.

The entire commentary is well worth a listen, but he really gets on a roll at about 5:55.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strawboss

Joined GIM in 2005
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Watching and waiting on the silver price...

I am becoming more and more convinced that $14 is not going to hold and that if it fails - we could be looking at a substantial liquidation. My next target if $14 fails is $8 (although phyz prices will be considerably higher)...

Watching and waiting...

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
All that really matters in the silver "market" which is really just a counterfeiting scheme:

http://www.silverseek.com/commentary/cot-silver-report-july-6-2015-14608

TLDR;

Large specs increased shorts on sub $16 silver. lol

Commercial banksters lightened up on their net shorts slightly.

Supply and demand are irrelevant. PMs have been detached from any market forces save paper market manipulation. The fabricated paper price of silver is given only one way to go...and it is down. Greece defaults(again)...even though we don't call it a default shhhh...., and allegedly volatile silver just sits there and does nothing. Now it's heading lower...doubtless due to dollar "strength" relative to even crappier currency scams. This despite the fact that the US has more debt than any nation in world history and the US economy is heading off a cliff.

Ask yourself...what would Greenspam do? Right...he'd be stacking physical gold.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
U.S. Mint sold out of silver coins due to strong demand

Wednesday, July 8th
The U.S. Mint said on Tuesday it temporarily sold out of its popular 2015 American Eagle silver bullion coins due to a "significant" increase in demand, the latest sign plunging prices have spurred a resurgence of retail buying.

In a statement sent to its biggest U.S. wholesalers, the Mint said its facility in West Point, New York, continues to produce coins and expects to resume sales in about two weeks.

This is the second time the mint has sold out of silver coins in the past nine months - it ran out of 2014-dated American Eagles in November last year.

Source: Reuters

US Mint suspends Silver
http://www.silverseek.com/article/us-mint-sold-out-silver-coins-due-strong-demand-14617
http://www.activistpost.com/2015/07/breaking-us-mint-suspends-silver-eagle.html
http://thedailycoin.org/?p=35614

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Better opportunity to DCA.

Watching and waiting on the silver price...

I am becoming more and more convinced that $14 is not going to hold and that if it fails - we could be looking at a substantial liquidation. My next target if $14 fails is $8 (although phyz prices will be considerably higher)...

Watching and waiting...

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Nice day so far with silver up 50 cents. It is fun to dream the impossible dream of how high silver and gold could go if the banksters just sit on their hands and do nothing, while the massively short hedge funds scramble to get out of the squeeze!

To dream the impossible dream.jpg

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Plenty of ink left in the paper metals markets, this wont be allowed to stand.

Strawboss

Joined GIM in 2005
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
a 2nd weekly close in a row below $14 wouldnt be a good sign...

Just sayin'

Strawboss

Joined GIM in 2005
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I am thinking this rally in the PM's is getting a bit long in the tooth...my rationale is that silver typically "catches up" with gold at the end of rallies whereas gold leads the way. If you look at the percentage gains between the 2 since this rally began - you notice that gold has outperformed...keep an eye on silver. It will catch up in spectacular fashion...and that typically signals the end of the rally and the beginning of the correction.

I still stand by my belief (and its only that...a belief) that we haven't yet seen the bottom yet in the PMs...

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This comments exchange is too good to not be posted in GIM, and where better than in Silver which is the poster child for PMSD.

PMSD.jpg

Those comments were in a thread about a frightening overlay chart about the stock market:

Stocks overlay.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-18/you-are-here

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yea, i think it was a mistake for me to talk about fundamentals. I really only care about technicals...

Well if it works then keep using it. But typically a time will come when the fundamentals will take over. The technical charts will then get quickly redrawn after the fact and everyone will say see, the chart does predict what we just saw. A successful trader usually has to follow all details, but if overly weighting the technical cycle inputs is making you money then by all means, ride the wave.

sandblaster

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Strawboss

Joined GIM in 2005
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Here is a weekly chart of SLV which I am using as a proxy for silver itself. As you can see - price has been consolidating for the better part of a couple of years - but I think that is soon going to come to an end.

Currently - we have a good opportunity for a long entry if you are adventurous (sell a weekly close below $15.50 as a stop).

Additional support for this trade is the fact that the GSR is above 80 - which is historically on the high side.

DYODD and all that...

slv weekly.png

Strawboss

Joined GIM in 2005
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The strongest stock in the sector at the moment is Fortuna.

silver stocks performance.png

Strawboss

Joined GIM in 2005
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A good entry at present with a stop at about $4.45

Fortuna.png

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Keep an eye of RGLD too. RGLD was very strong in 2016-17, and it could be a winner again this year. Te chart below shows RGLD divided by FSM over the past three years.

RGLD.jpg

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'm stacking moar in here. 2017 Eagles are currently 17.43 any quantity from amagimetals.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
LOL You're right! I got that price from comparesilver.com and pounced immediately. Now it says 20.51 for the same eagles.

Edit: now 18.73...they're all over the place. Oh well, long as they ship me mine for 17.43. ;p

Weird! For some strange reason, they don't seem to be in a hurry to fill my order! lol

Now those Eagles are 21.15 and their buyback price is .19 lower than where I purchased.

Seems their webmaster made a gaff.

Edit2: Finally got shipping notify on this order. Not complaining as it's a fantastic price. Never had a problem with Amagimetals, but they are slow to ship compared to others.

Last edited:

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The markets are fake, so I don't pay all that much attention, but silver is silly cheap when it takes 80.4 ounces of the stuff to buy a single ounce of gold.

...and as is so oft the case, the USDx is down again even while both metals are lower. The dollar can't even get convincingly over 90 and yet the metals continue to show weakness. Fake. Phony. False.

Edit: Look at this crap! I swear these writers don't even try anymore. This "strong dollar" is why silver dropped almost 1% today?!? Who are these traders that are dumping silver because the USDx managed to not set a fresh 52 week low for a change?

There IS NO strong dollar!

Last edited:

Strawboss

Joined GIM in 2005
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Here is the most recent silver COT report. The large specs (bag holders) are continuing to add to their shorts and the commercials (smart money) are at the lowest short levels in a LONG time.

The way this market works is that as prices rise - the commercials sell into the price rise to lock in the higher price. The large specs are momentum focused...when prices rise - they add long positions...when prices fall - they add short positions (or sell their longs).

At major turning points - you will see the commercials on the right side of the upcoming trade - and the large specs on the wrong side. It happens every time. And we are currently at levels not seen in many, many years...

Coupled with the GSR ratio being so high...this is a setup for a pretty substantial rally in silver... this is an anomaly that I don't think will last very long.

silver cot.png