• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Since attack, my husband Rand hasn't taken a single breath without pain

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter ++
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/opinions/kelley-paul-since-the-attack-opinion/index.html

This was not a "scuffle," a "fight" or an "altercation," as many in the media falsely describe it. It was a deliberate, blindside attack. The impact left Rand with six broken ribs, three displaced, pleural effusion and now pneumonia. This has been a terrible experience; made worse by the media's gleeful attempts to blame Rand for it, ridiculing him for everything from mowing his own lawn to composting.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/opinions/kelley-paul-since-the-attack-opinion/index.html

This was not a "scuffle," a "fight" or an "altercation," as many in the media falsely describe it. It was a deliberate, blindside attack. The impact left Rand with six broken ribs, three displaced, pleural effusion and now pneumonia. This has been a terrible experience; made worse by the media's gleeful attempts to blame Rand for it, ridiculing him for everything from mowing his own lawn to composting.
Which is one of the many reasons the media gets first crack at doing a dance at the end of a rope when that day cometh
swinging noose.gif
!

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Probably about his support for repealing Obamacare. A guy attacks a sitting Senator and walks away. He should get 10 years regardless of the reason unless the Senator was Chuck Schumer.
Not sure we want to protect the class of politicians more than it already is. We need to become more respectful, improve discourse and become less violent as a nation overall.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
If Rand were a real man he wouldn't have had ear muffs on, it would have made the difference probably. He should have had some defensive weapons, a 9mm gun, brass knuckles, a switch blade, a billy club-he would have been able to fight back. Fight to the death or until someone passed out. Marshall arts wouldn't hurt. It was pathetic to let someone put the drop on him. He's a lightweight.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
If Rand were a real man he wouldn't have had ear muffs on, it would have made the difference probably. He should have had some defensive weapons, a 9mm gun, brass knuckles, a switch blade, a billy club-he would have been able to fight back. Fight to the death or until someone passed out. Marshall arts wouldn't hurt. It was pathetic to let someone put the drop on him. He's a lightweight.
The only way Rand can redeem himself is if the attacker ends up being killed. Otherwise Rand is a big pussy and shouldn’t be making law.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
From Fox News

Matthew J. Baker, an attorney for Boucher, has told Fox News the “very regrettable dispute” didn’t have anything to do with politics. Boucher is a registered Democrat.

“The unfortunate occurrence of November 3rd has absolutely nothing to do with either's politics or political agendas,” Baker said. “It was a very regrettable dispute between two neighbors over a matter that most people would regard as trivial. We sincerely hope that Senator Paul is doing well and that these two gentlemen can get back to being neighbors as quickly as possible.”

HOPE RAND PAUL IS DOING WELL? TWO GENTLEMAN? What planet is this shyster from? Giant lawsuit to say the least. Anesthesiologist is used to malpractice but talk about pain and suffering even if no federal charges.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Probably about his support for repealing Obamacare. A guy attacks a sitting Senator and walks away. He should get 10 years regardless of the reason unless the Senator was Chuck Schumer.
No clue what's gonna happen but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he walks away with a fine and anger management classes.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Not sure we want to protect the class of politicians more than it already is. We need to become more respectful, improve discourse and become less violent as a nation overall.
:beer:

As far as I'm concerned assault is assault. We're all made out of flesh and blood. No one's life is above another man's life. No matter your station in life. People putting themselves above others is part of the reason we're in the mess we're in.

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hearing protection is pragmatic, since hearing loss is cumulative and irreversible.

Yes, in the future perhaps Senator Paul will hopefully exhibit improved situational awareness and keep defensive tools at the ready.

Meanwhile, Rand Paul is the son of my hero RP, and I wish him god-speed in his recovery.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Rand Paul is a tiny man. He claims he is 5'8 and weighs 157 lbs. but he is lying. I have seen him a number of times and can certify that he is no taller than 5'4 tops and weighs maybe 135 lbs. His small size is the most striking thing about his presence. It would suck to be that small but he is doing ok for himself in spite of it.

No one has the right to ambush anyone regardless of their size. And no one should have to always be prepared, armed and ready for a caged death match at a second's notice while working on their own property. For you to be placing blame on the victim for getting beaten up while mowing his own fucking yard is clear evidence of either an internet tough-guy's bravado or downright sick, sociopathic behavior. I'm guessing it's a little of both. It would really suck to be you.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Hearing protection is pragmatic, since hearing loss is cumulative and irreversible.

Yes, in the future perhaps Senator Paul will hopefully exhibit improved situational awareness and keep defensive tools at the ready.

Meanwhile, Rand Paul is the son of my hero RP, and I wish him god-speed in his recovery.
I've done a tremendous amount of work with some of the loudest power equipment, chain saws, and other two cycle engines. Even ear plugs are usually enough to dampen down the offensive noise, there are many varieties out there for years that effectively protect the hearing without cutting out situational awareness. What I inveigh against is the fanatical overprotection that some of the tree work oversight agencies try to promote with headgear, and other heavy protection down to the toes. It is overkill. And with lawn mowers that in the modern age usually aren't that loud? To be religious about ear safety cutting grass with lots of ear protection is dumb and unnecessary. Of course people are going to be vulnerable doing outdoor work, too bad he didn't have one of his kids do the job.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I wear ear plugs when I mow. That cuts out a lot of the noise, but without them, my ears ring for hours afterward. I don't know. I've been mowing lawns regularly, since I was a kid, over 45 years of it and I've never once been attacked by anyone, but a few swarms of those nasty little yellow jackets that live in the ground. I run into a nest of those little bastards every five years, or so. Who would ever expect to be brutally attacked by that nice, peaceful Democrat who lives next door? Next thing you know, we'll be reading about adherents' to "the religion of peace" stabbing, shooting, throwing acid, bombing, running people over with trucks and maybe even cutting people's heads off.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Especially pragmatic for Randal, as he already suffers from hearing loss and wears hearing aids.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Rand Paul is a tiny man. He claims he is 5'8 and weighs 157 lbs. but he is lying. I have seen him a number of times and can certify that he is no taller than 5'4 tops and weighs maybe 135 lbs. His small size is the most striking thing about his presence. It would suck to be that small but he is doing ok for himself in spite of it.

No one has the right to ambush anyone regardless of their size. And no one should have to always be prepared, armed and ready for a caged death match at a second's notice while working on their own property. For you to be placing blame on the victim for getting beaten up while mowing his own fucking yard is clear evidence of either an internet tough-guy's bravado or downright sick, sociopathic behavior. I'm guessing it's a little of both. It would really suck to be you.
I think maybe he was joking or forgot the sarc tag.

I have met Rand Paul a few times, yes for sure he is a small man. I wouldn't guess as to height, I am 5'8", he seemed a little shorter than me. He was for sure under 160 in my opinion. I agree his size is striking, once he came off a tour bus in Etown and that was the first thing that struck me - how small he is.

As for the lawyer and the MSM and other fakenews, Rand's wife made it very clear - they have had NO CONTACT with the man since his family ran off 10 years ago.
Quote:
The fact is, neither Rand nor I have spoken to the attacker in 10 years (since before his wife and children moved away) other than a casual wave from the car. Nobody in our family has, nor have we communicated with anyone in his family. With Rand's travel to D.C. in the last seven years, he has rarely seen this man at all.

This attack is a serious crime. Personally, if a neighbor did this to me, I would do my best to civil lawsuit that neighbor out of my neighborhood, hopefully owning his property and his savings. This guy [attacker] is a madman perhaps on drugs. And I'm no Senator.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Any idea where this guy lives?
A former neighbor that moved away 10 years ago?
Did he cross a state line to commit this felonious assault?

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Hes a dem, probably wont get a day, still waiting for Tim Kaines son to be tried for his rioting

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Any idea where this guy lives?
A former neighbor that moved away 10 years ago?
Did he cross a state line to commit this felonious assault?
The attacker lives next door. The attacker's wife and children left him 10 years ago, meaning they no longer live in the house with him.
Geez, I wonder why.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I say a lot of things on the internet that I don't really have conviction that are provocative, not sure why D-Fenz decided to jump all over me. I am bruised and battered but not broken, lol. He was a Ted Cruz supporter. I liked Ron Paul a lot more than Rand, but he is a good family guy and wish for his speedy recovery. Human experience is fraught with unexpected and apparently deleterious events. He will be stronger in the long run for it.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I hope the judge finds a way to make BOTH men move, this type of neighbor dispute has probably been brewing for some time and the best way to end this is to break up the parties.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Baker said. “It was a very regrettable dispute between two neighbors over a matter that most people would regard as trivial.
If so, then he should just say what the reason was. To not say is to let people figure it out for themselves. Ie: Right now, Occam's razor says it was about politics.

I wonder what the camera covering Rand's yard shows.
Rand being violently attacked is what I'm thinkin' it shows. If there was a camera that is.

I hope the judge finds a way to make BOTH men move, this type of neighbor dispute has probably been brewing for some time and the best way to end this is to break up the parties.
Huh? Why should Rand be punished like that? Or at all? He's the victim of a viscous attack by a deranged liberal who appears to have been angry over politics.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Don't forget too folks it happened on the day leftists were told to attack Trump supporters and "drive President Trump out of office." Church shooter struck the same day.
If anything I would say the soros crowd were disappointed so few heeded the call to violence, but a few did.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
If so, then he should just say what the reason was. To not say is to let people figure it out for themselves. Ie: Right now, Occam's razor says it was about politics.

Rand being violently attacked is what I'm thinkin' it shows. If there was a camera that is.

Huh? Why should Rand be punished like that? Or at all? He's the victim of a viscous attack by a deranged liberal who appears to have been angry over politics.
More likely he was a shitty neighbor, Libertarians and HOA's don't get along.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I don't really care if RP stuck his finger up at the guy next door, every time he went past his house with the mower. The neighbor was wrong. He deserves six months in jail, for the brutality of the attack, a full psych exam, to make sure he isn't a violent mega-threat to people he doesn't like, maybe a stay in a mental institution, if he is and a substantial monetary fine, to make sure it hurts. Then, RP can sue him for trauma, pain and medical expenses.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Rand is said to be losing ground fast. This could change into a murder charge any time now.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Or maybe simply jail the attacker. Why should Paul be punished here? What exactly is your rationale?

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Or maybe simply jail the attacker. Why should Paul be punished here? What exactly is your rationale?
We know that LM hates Trump, but now we know that he also hates the Pauls.

Does he love HRC?

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
We know that LM hates Trump, but now we know that he also hates the Pauls.

Does he love HRC?
Take a breather, I like Ron Paul but, his son is a dork. Hitlary sucks but not like Monica.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
More likely he was a shitty neighbor, Libertarians and HOA's don't get along.
All his other neighbors came to Rand’s defense and said he was a great neighbor.

Just shut up.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Pictures? The neighbor jerk sounds like a neat freak; he could have built his case and sued Paul. Personally I have no used to the phony sense of security that is built into the gated "communities".

I still don't get the need for headphones for using a lawn mower; I was running a chain saw and log splitter last week, not enough decibels to need much ear protection. A Brush Bandit 250xp is another story.