• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Smollett walks

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm beginning to think he was framed. I think his attackers were hired by the Dem(on)s to put on this show. He might have even known about it (before, during, or after), but he wasn't about to let them throw him under the bus. I think he is cooperating with authorities, and the real perps of this charade will be brought to justice.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Oh good lord, somebody has to put a stop to this freaking clown show...................

Smollett Drama – Cook County State Attorney Now Says Sealing Case Was Done Accidentally…
Posted on March 27, 2019by sundance

Whoopsie, Chicago State Attorney corruption is going into ludicrous mode. According to an interview with ABC7, Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx is now claiming all the activity to seal evidence in the Jussie Smolett case was done “inadvertently”.

Yeah, yeah…. that’s the ticket. The keyboards and computers self-activated and typed up the motion to the Judge, and then convinced the clerk of courts to accept the motion filing all just accidental and stuff… or something. Nothing to see here, Russians! Gottabe…

Oh yeah, and don’t overlook that pesky admission that Ms. Foxx didn’t actually recuse herself from the case, as previously claimed. She’s admitting she participated. D’oh!

CHICAGO (WLS) — Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx defended her office’s decision to drop all charges against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, who was accused of staging a racist and homophobic attack on himself.​
“I believe this is a just outcome based on the circumstances,” Foxx said on Wednesday, a day after the charges were dropped.

In an interview on Wednesday, she said the practice of dropping charges in exchange for community service and restitution is not uncommon for the Class 4 felonies that Smollett was charged with.

“We believe that the facts were sufficient to charge and try Mr. Smollett for the crimes,” Foxx said.

While a court did not find him guilty, she said: “Based on the facts and the evidence that was presented in the charging decision that was made by this office, this office believed that they could prove him guilty.”

Foxx had recused herself from the case a week prior to Smollett being charged when it appeared that the actor had gone from victim to suspect. She recused herself after speaking with a “relative” of Smollett, but not Smollett himself. Foxx said it is not uncommon for her to speak to victims and their families.

“The family had reached out, I think to me, largely because they didn’t have a connection to the police department, asking if there was a way to make sure that the leaks in the case were to a minimum,” Foxx said.

Foxx added: “I don’t want any speculation or concern, I don’t even want the appearance, that my involvement with this case, now having talked to a family member, would in any way impede this investigation.”

She was connected to the family through Tina Tchen, the former chief of staff to Michelle Obama.

In a statement, Tchen said: “I know members of the Smollett family based on prior work together. Shortly after Mr. Smollett reported he was attacked, as a family friend, I contacted Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, who I also know from prior work together. My sole activity was to put the chief prosecutor in the case in touch with an alleged victim’s family who had concerns about how the investigation was being characterized in public.” (read more)

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Oh good lord, somebody has to put a stop to this freaking clown show...................

Smollett Drama – Cook County State Attorney Now Says Sealing Case Was Done Accidentally…
Posted on March 27, 2019by sundance

Whoopsie, Chicago State Attorney corruption is going into ludicrous mode. According to an interview with ABC7, Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx is now claiming all the activity to seal evidence in the Jussie Smolett case was done “inadvertently”.

Yeah, yeah…. that’s the ticket. The keyboards and computers self-activated and typed up the motion to the Judge, and then convinced the clerk of courts to accept the motion filing all just accidental and stuff… or something. Nothing to see here, Russians! Gottabe…

Oh yeah, and don’t overlook that pesky admission that Ms. Foxx didn’t actually recuse herself from the case, as previously claimed. She’s admitting she participated. D’oh!

CHICAGO (WLS) — Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx defended her office’s decision to drop all charges against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, who was accused of staging a racist and homophobic attack on himself.​
“I believe this is a just outcome based on the circumstances,” Foxx said on Wednesday, a day after the charges were dropped.

In an interview on Wednesday, she said the practice of dropping charges in exchange for community service and restitution is not uncommon for the Class 4 felonies that Smollett was charged with.

“We believe that the facts were sufficient to charge and try Mr. Smollett for the crimes,” Foxx said.

While a court did not find him guilty, she said: “Based on the facts and the evidence that was presented in the charging decision that was made by this office, this office believed that they could prove him guilty.”

Foxx had recused herself from the case a week prior to Smollett being charged when it appeared that the actor had gone from victim to suspect. She recused herself after speaking with a “relative” of Smollett, but not Smollett himself. Foxx said it is not uncommon for her to speak to victims and their families.

“The family had reached out, I think to me, largely because they didn’t have a connection to the police department, asking if there was a way to make sure that the leaks in the case were to a minimum,” Foxx said.

Foxx added: “I don’t want any speculation or concern, I don’t even want the appearance, that my involvement with this case, now having talked to a family member, would in any way impede this investigation.”

She was connected to the family through Tina Tchen, the former chief of staff to Michelle Obama.

In a statement, Tchen said: “I know members of the Smollett family based on prior work together. Shortly after Mr. Smollett reported he was attacked, as a family friend, I contacted Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, who I also know from prior work together. My sole activity was to put the chief prosecutor in the case in touch with an alleged victim’s family who had concerns about how the investigation was being characterized in public.” (read more)

1553733290266.png

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The USPS Postal Inspectors are their own police force and they have an impeccable reputation.
If the USPS find him guilty......... how can he be off the hook? I think he will be suicided before that ever happens.......... dead men tell no tales.......:tongue:

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Jessie isn’t getting suicided. Summer is right around the corner and this will all be forgotten by Memorial Day.

He isn’t going to jail and I wouldn’t put much faith in the swamp toads in the post office police force going Judge Roy Bean on his ass.

His parents are old school political agitators. The stunt rallied the base and sold a lot of commercials on CNN & The View for a few weeks ......Jesse did his job, a 10 million dollar “book deal” and a gig on the next Dancing with the Stars will be his reward.

Next!

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Foxx’s non-recusal in Smollett case should void dismissal of charges, claims Wirepoints founder
by Glenn Minnis | Mar 27, 2019

The Jussie Smollett case keeps getting stranger by the minute, with word now circulating that Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx never formally recused herself from the case as has been widely reported.
In a statement, Cook County State’s Attorney spokeswoman Kiera Ellis now contends that Foxx “did not formally recuse herself or the [State’s Attorney's] Office based on any actual conflict of interest. As a result, she did not have to seek the appointment of a special prosecutor.”
Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx
In the mind of Wirepoints founder Mark Glennon, that could ultimately make a world of difference to what actually comes out of the dramatically topsy–turvy proceedings.
“Contrary to countless press reports, Kim Foxx now reportedly did not formally recuse herself,” Glennon wrote on his website. "Had she done so, Illinois law would have required appointment of a special prosecutor or independent person to replace her and her office. That didn’t happen. It therefore appears that her office had no authority to maintain control of the case and to dismiss charges against Smollett. That means the dismissal was probably unauthorized and should be annulled.”
Soon after Smollett was charged with staging the hate crime he reported in January, Foxx communicated with representatives of the “Empire” actor about recusing herself from the case. But the recusal never formally occurred, according to Ellis, explaining that “it was a colloquial use of the term rather than in its legal sense.”
Glennon sees it differently.
“In other words, by not formally recusing herself, Foxx circumvented the law that probably would have taken the case out of her office’s hands,” he wrote. “I will defer to other lawyers, but it certainly appears to me that her office therefore had no authority to maintain control over the case and to dismiss the charges, so the dismissal should be voided and the prosecution reinstated by an independent prosecutor.”

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
See? This explains everything. According to this sheboon we're just too stupid to understand what smart people do.
So shut up and pay your taxes you dumb feckers.

Arrogant State’s Attorney Kim Foxx: People Are Angry About Smollett Decision Because They “Don’t Understand Intricacies of the Judicial System”
March 27, 2019, 8:20 pm by Jim Hoft 302 Comments

These empowered assholes all think they're smarter than the sheep. I look around these days and think, maybe they are!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Jussie Smollett may file a lawsuit
Chicago Sun-Times

Attorneys for Jussie Smollett say the “Empire” actor hasn’t ruled out filing a lawsuit — presumably against the Chicago cops and the Cook County state’s attorney’s office — after charges against him were dropped for allegedly staging a fake hate crime against himself.

Smollett and his legal team, according to the New York Daily News, are “weighing their options.”

:dduck:
BF

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Chicago Sun-Times

Attorneys for Jussie Smollett say the “Empire” actor hasn’t ruled out filing a lawsuit — presumably against the Chicago cops and the Cook County state’s attorney’s office — after charges against him were dropped for allegedly staging a fake hate crime against himself.

Smollett and his legal team, according to the New York Daily News, are “weighing their options.”

BF
Why not? The entire scenario is a clown show thanks to our wonderful government officials, so many of them appointed because of the color of their skin and what's between their legs....so brave, groundbreaking and oh so progressive!

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
DoJ and FBI will refuse to get involved because Smollett's hoax was a political stunt - he was never a threat to public or National safety.

“Mr. Smollett was afforded the same opportunity that anyone in Cook County who had a nonviolent offense and the required background check would get. . . . I was not part of the charging decision.” - State’s Attorney Kim Foxx

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
These empowered assholes all think they're smarter than the sheep. I look around these days and think, maybe they are!
There are more Sheep Dogs coming to the defend the sheeple. IMO

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
The irony is just too delectable.

Hate Hoax Communists going to jail right and left.

Trump (the guy that wasn't supposed to be nominated /elected/sworn in/make it one month/2 months/ 6 months/1 year/2 years/will be driven from office in shame)

IS STILL YOUR FECKING PRESIDENT!

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
He’s innocent.

But the Nigerian brothers already admitted they staged it all AND got caught with the evidence?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The irony is just too delectable.

Hate Hoax Communists going to jail right and left.

Trump (the guy that wasn't supposed to be nominated /elected/sworn in/make it one month/2 months/ 6 months/1 year/2 years/will be driven from office in shame)

IS STILL YOUR FECKING PRESIDENT!
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
He’s innocent.

But the Nigerian brothers already admitted they staged it all AND got caught with the evidence?
Yep. By him claiming innocence, he's throwing those two guys under the bus and implying that they actually attacked him. After all, either they or him have to be lying and both gave sworn statements to the po po.

In a truly Just World they'd get another shot at him, but for real.

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Chicago Sun-Times

BF

Unbelievable

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Jussie Smollett update: City of Chicago asks Jussie Smollett to pay for $130,000 cost of investigation
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The City of Chicago has sent a letter to the attorneys representing Jussie Smollett asking that the "Empire" actor pay $130,000 to offset the costs of the investigation of the attack he reported in January.

The money the city requested in the letter sent Thursday is separate from the $10,000 bond that Smollett forfeited as a condition of the charges against him being dropped.

Read the city's full letter to Smollett's team here

"This is a reasonable and legally justifiable amount to collect to help offset the cost of the investigation," said Bill McCaffrey, a spokesperson for the Department of Buildings.

"Given that he doesn't feel any sense of contrition and remorse, my recommendation is that when he writes the check, in the memo section, he can put the words, 'I'm accountable for the hoax,'" Mayor Rahm Emanuel said earlier Thursday.
Emanuel said he believes Smollett not only cost the city financially, but also damaged Chicago's reputation of being a place that welcomes people of all walks of life.

Smollett's legal team fired back at Emanuel's comments Thursday afternoon, issuing this statement:

"It is the Mayor and the Police Chief who owe Jussie - owe him an apology - for dragging an innocent man's character through the mud. Jussie has paid enough."
Smollett had been charged with 16 counts of felony disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about a January attack in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood, which police say Smollett staged on himself because he was unhappy with his "Empire" salary. All charges against him were dropped Tuesday in exchange for community service and forfeiture of his $10,000 bond payment.

What exactly happened in court just before the charges were dropped remains unknown as all records pertaining to the case have been sealed.

An attorney collectively representing various media outlets went to court Thursday to ensure that the files be preserved. She was assured by the judge that the records would be preserved while under seal, and that the state's attorney's office would notify her if Smollett's team petitioned to expunge Smollett's record.

Smollett is not currently seeking to have the records expunged, his attorneys confirmed. If they did, it would likely take about seven to eight months before a hearing is held.
"We support the court files being preserved. We have not and will not file a motion for destruction of any records in this case," Patricia Brown Holmes, one of Smollett's attorneys, said in a statement released Thursday.

President Donald Trump also weighed in Thursday morning, tweeting that the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice are looking into the Smollett case.

"FBI & DOJ to review the outrageous Jussie Smollett case in Chicago. It is an embarrassment to our Nation!" Trump tweeted.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

FBI & DOJ to review the outrageous Jussie Smollett case in Chicago. It is an embarrassment to our Nation!

BC7 Eyewitness News sat down Wednesday with Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, who defended her office's decision to drop all charges.

Foxx said that the practice of dropping charges in exchange for community service and restitution is not uncommon for the Class 4 felonies that Smollett was charged with.

RELATED: I-TEAM: What's inside CPD's Jussie Smollett investigative file?

Even as Foxx said Smollett received no special treatment, officials in her office were circulating a memo, which has been confirmed by the I-Team, asking Cook County prosecutors for examples of cases like where charges were dropped under circumstances similar to Smollett's.
1553866630056.png

The email, confirmed by the I-Team, asked Cook County prosecutors for examples of cases like where charges were dropped under circumstances similar to Smollett's.

"Nobody is in trouble, we are just looking for further examples," the email read, in part.

Foxx said the dropped charges do not mean Smollett was exonerated. She said based on the facts and the evidence that were presented in the charging decision, her office believed that they could prove Smollett guilty.

"We do this every day," Foxx said. "This is consistent in what we do in alternative prosecution."

The Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association issued a statement Thursday disagreeing with Foxx's characterization of the situation.

"The manner in which this case was dismissed was abnormal and unfamiliar to those who practice law in criminal courthouses across the State," the statement read, in part. "Prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges alike do not recognize the arrangement Mr. Smollett received. Even more problematic, the State's Attorney and her representatives have fundamentally misled the public on the law and circumstances surrounding the dismissal."

Federal authorities, including the FBI, are also looking into the circumstances surrounding the dismissal of charges, two law enforcement officials confirmed Wednesday.

A spokesperson for the FBI's Chicago office declined to comment.

Meanwhile, Smollett jetted off to Los Angeles ahead of the NAACP Image Awards on Saturday, where he is nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
His attorneys response letter is exactly what give lawyers a bad name. Asshats!!

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Smollet assault rehearsal caught on tape.:dduck:

lol