• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

So I got a Mule.....

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I was thinking the same.

How's that Mule gonna do on twenty-percent ethanol?
There is REC 90 fuel at many places here, and if that fails I can always get pure gasoline from one of the marinas around here. The rich will always be able to get what they want and they don't run shit gas in their million dollar boats.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
There is REC 90 fuel at many places here, and if that fails I can always get pure gasoline from one of the marinas around here. The rich will always be able to get what they want and they don't run shit gas in their million dollar boats.

I'm waiting to see how that shakes down.

I'd debated selling my truck, but then what? I need SOME kind of automobile; and whatever gets ethanol will be trashed.

And I don't think this will last long - a couple of years, long enough for the surviving population (UnJabbed) to start screaming bloody murder.

And I don't NEED to drive much. It's a damn shame that now that I have the time and equipment to travel across the country, I can't, for the fuel price and composition...but, it is what it is.

My plan: Run the truck on non-automotive pure gasoline (still available here for motorcycles, boats on trailers, lawn mowers, etc) until it's switched off. Fill the truck up with AvGas and park it.

And wait. Use the truck the minimum I have to - since my new apartment is walking distance from a large grocery store, and I have a motorcycle, and can get a bicycle.

A lot of Bro-Dozers will probably be repossessed in the coming collapse, and probably the banks paid to turn them in for Cash-4-Clunkers crushing. My truck might be worth serious money in eight years.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now that the Mule is broke in and I'm familiar with how it works, it's time to put it to work! This scrub cherry has been annoying me for years so it was time for it to go. I got a D Ring shackle for the Mule's 2" receiver to hook the tow strap to and hauled the trees out back. Mule did not give one shit that I had hooked several hundred pounds of downed tree to it. It just dug in and hauled it all away without ever acting like it was working.

The wife and I took it exploring into a new to us area Friday and had a ball! I was punching the gas and whipping the back end out around corners and we also climbed a couple sketchy hills with the 4 wheel drive and rear locker engaged. It was pretty damn impressive, this is not a fast machine but with the torque it has and the excellent ground clearance and suspension 4 wheeling in this beast is awesome.

Mule Pro MX is a keeper!

View attachment 264553View attachment 264554View attachment 264555
can you cut that tree up and use it to smoke some bacon or meat? Isn't cherry a great smoking wood?

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
can you cut that tree up and use it to smoke some bacon or meat? Isn't cherry a great smoking wood?
They say it is, although I've never used it for smoking. I like hickory chips.