• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

So ... What happened to the threads of the last three weeks?

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
gim has entered the twilight zone !:ahhhhh:

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
QWAK,Take the HIT and just keep moving:thumbs_up: water under the bridge and spilt milk can not be helped by crying about what is lost.:cry_smile::thumbs_down:

It could have been worse --- could have lost EVERY THING!:idea::ahhhhh::vollkommenauf::goodnight:

the DUCK :s9:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
QWAK,Take the HIT and just keep moving:thumbs_up: water under the bridge and spilt milk can not be helped by crying about what is lost.:cry_smile::thumbs_down:

It could have been worse --- could have lost EVERY THING!:idea::ahhhhh::vollkommenauf::goodnight:

the DUCK :s9:
And we have more than once!

Exploring option #4 - what exactly does one need? Can someone host it from home?

What is our traffic load?

I have no idea how to do this, but I'm sure we have a wealth of experts here on GIM...

Unclad Lad

Rhodium Imam
Gold Chaser
Well, I'm still having issues. For example, when I go to post, all of the options above the comment area are gone. The "[x] [/x]" stuff--I can't remember what they're called. I also have no way to fix my Settings, because that button is GONE.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Oddly enough, a few threads reappeared in General Discussion. First night it went down, all but stickys were gone. I don't know why. :confused:

I was talking with another GIM member the other day about the glitch and I mentioned something to the effect that I've never written anything I'd be all that upset about losing. But, he told me about several posts of his that he'd done some really extensive research and work on that he really would hate to lose. Fortunately, he said he kept a local copy and can repost, but I realize not everyone does.

Well, that made me think, maybe the site could offer a blog section for that type of well researched info. I suppose some might use it for C&P's that they think are really important too.

Not sure if this is an option for GIM, but I have seen other forums that offered blogspace to those interested, sometimes with a set-up fee that helps support the site.

I do understand that forums are different from chat rooms in that an archive of posts is generally kept, but as we've seen that can still be rather fleeting. If nothing else, old threads slide so far down that they become almost irretrievable anyway. Even with the search function you really have to have some very unique search terms or enough time to browse through a lot of threads to find one in particular. Having a blog area could be beneficial for those who really have something of great value to impart to the rest of us.