• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

So What is Your Meal Plan for New Years Eve / New Years

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
In my 20s I was working with a variety of Races and Ethnicities. Each have their TRADITIONS going into NYE & NY.
In my family mostly Scott/Irish out big meals were for GOOD LUCK in the new Year: Cooked Cabbage and/or Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, AND PORK of any kind or cut, including Pork Sausage.

A nurse I worked with then was Czechoslovakian in her ancestry. Her meals were Czech mainstays and when it got close to midnight her husband also Czech would hide money outside the house and left it there until the New Year had started: Money coming into the house the first day of the year would insure money being in the house the entire year. aka Good Fortune.

Anybody with New Year Traditions ( EXCLUDING GOING OUT AND GETTING DRUNK) feel free to post them here. gb

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
In my 20s I was working with a variety of Races and Ethnicities. Each have their TRADITIONS going into NYE & NY.
In my family mostly Scott/Irish out big meals were for GOOD LUCK in the new Year: Cooked Cabbage and/or Sauerkraut, Mashed Potatoes, AND PORK of any kind or cut, including Pork Sausage.

A nurse I worked with then was Czechoslovakian in her ancestry. Her meals were Czech mainstays and when it got close to midnight her husband also Czech would hide money outside the house and left it there until the New Year had started: Money coming into the house the first day of the year would insure money being in the house the entire year. aka Good Fortune.

Anybody with New Year Traditions ( EXCLUDING GOING OUT AND GETTING DRUNK) feel free to post them here. gb
I'm going to have a shot of tequila, munch on some leftovers from last night's Christmas celebration I had with my kids and grandkids (they do Christmas with their mother, The Dragon Lady, then they come to my house the Sunday following Christmas) then head on into bed. The first day of the New Year is just another day for me. Let the idiots in the urban cesspools kill themselves celebrating. I'll be getting some rest!

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I will be in bed by 10 pm, I am saving my precious sleep time for the eve of 4 Feb 2019. Chinese New Years Eve.
Wish me luck, I will be in the devil's city of Los Angeles. It's a 14 hr., 850 mile trip that I can still do, non-stop, except for gas & peeing & we do that at the same time, usually. The food is OUTSTANDING and the family is great. The big entertainment is food & playing poker, nickel/dime stuff. The New Year saying that Chinese like to say is: "Gong hei fat choy” . This a phonetic, white guy translation ! It means, loosely: "congratulations you are going to get a lot of money". We will visit for a week or so, then back to safety & paradise, in the peoples democracy of Orygun.

Last edited:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Gona fix myself a Jack Daniels and coke right now, then fire up the grill for a london broil and some store bought potato salad.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Let me ask my wife. I'll get back to you.
What? Like it's any of her business??

1546293755557.png

“Listening to women ain't the fashion in this part of the country."--Augustus McCrae

Some of us were just born in the wrong century.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The wife came down with some kind of throat infection, so I made a big old pot of chicken vegetable soup.
But if I had my druthers, as in many New Years parties in my life, I would eat ground raw pork topped with chopped raw onion, salt and pepper, on a brotchen, and wash them down with Bock Beer, until I could consume no more!
But alas, those days are over.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Eat RAW PORK ? You're a better man than me Gunga Din.

Trichnosis is not something to play with.
o_O The MRS is saving your life this year. Remember most pigs are Chinese now. :thumbs down:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Junk.

Got a $25 gift card from my Insurance agency just blew it on ice cream, mac salad, hummus, bagel chips, turkey pot pie, doughnuts and fizzy water. Gotta keep on the winter bulk!

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Eat RAW PORK ? You're a better man than me Gunga Din.

Trichnosis is not something to play with.
o_O The MRS is saving your life this year. Remember most pigs are Chinese now. :thumbs down:
There is a safe way to do this. The entire State of Hesse Germany is feasting in this manner tonight.
I too was reluctant to eat it because of Trichnosis, but I finally tried it, and glad I did.
In the rural area that I lived in Germany, I knew the farmer that raised the pig, and also the butcher. Meat handling laws are very strict in Germany. In the last 50 years, never heard of anyone getting sick, and I would have heard about it for sure. I ate it on every holiday occasion, and never got sick. Yummy stuff!
https://www.dega-galabau.de/Stulle/...Zwiebeln,QUlEPkTE4ODY0MzkmTUlEPTE4MDA4NA.html

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There is a safe way to do this. The entire State of Hesse Germany is feasting in this manner tonight.
I too was reluctant to eat it because of Trichnosis, but I finally tried it, and glad I did.
In the rural area that I lived in Germany, I knew the farmer that raised the pig, and also the butcher. Meat handling laws are very strict in Germany. In the last 50 years, never heard of anyone getting sick, and I would have heard about it for sure. I ate it on every holiday occasion, and never got sick. Yummy stuff!
https://www.dega-galabau.de/Stulle/...Zwiebeln,QUlEPkTE4ODY0MzkmTUlEPTE4MDA4NA.html
Used translation dohicky and couldn't find any relevant info at that link.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Aldi pizza and a melatonin. I's usually a war zone of fireworks and gun shots in this city. I need to get up at 5am to go to work. I partied last week in DC. Now I have to pay for it.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Let me ask my wife. I'll get back to you.
Yes siree. We are feasting tonight. Not a tradition at all but gotta rib roast cooking now. Will have rolls with gravy to dunk into. Smashed potatoes, some frozen veggies from last years garden. Probably even more stuff. She is getting er done even after a days work.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I too was reluctant to eat it because of Trichinosis, but I finally tried it, and glad I did.
The use of prophylactic antibiotics have pretty much eliminated Trichinosis as a threat from eating less than well done pork. I've had very extensive experience in the meat and meat packing business in a past life. Eating it raw? I'm not sure that would be as appetizing as eating raw beef. I like pork because of the sweetness the melted fat gives the meat. It's a very sweet tasting meat and the melted fat just adds more sweet flavor. I wouldn't be afraid of trying it raw though.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well, as I am entering the third trimester of my life and found it took one bottle of ta-kill-ya and one bottle of hunter/Canadian and a sixer of pounders/beer to kick the shit out of that cold; thank you thank you jhhesus for saving me. I/we are having navy beans and hocks...only the daughter didn't get them done correctly(so I am told.) So now it is just porkchops in the can and yes they are raw.

Brachtworst and onions sounds good though. funny thing about that stuff....I keep making it and I am the only one that eats it, oh well.

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hoppin' John and boiled cabbage with perogies.

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I just looked at your avi as I thought it was a seed cleaner for so long but now I see it is a ball mill; cool. Is it a dry mill or is it a wet one?
One of the other posters said it was a broom corn thresher and there was one rusting a few miles from him. I found the pic under pin threshers but don't really know.