• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

So where is the money going?

Atocha

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I would have expected for Gold and Silver to make significant gains today as money is being pulled out of the world's stock markets and such.

BUT it drops instead.......

I don't understand....

Any thoughts?

luckabuck

I made mine in the stock market!
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The stock market shills are hawking the idea of "buy low while you can" to their clients at the top of their lungs.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I would have expected for Gold and Silver to make significant gains today as money is being pulled out of the world's stock markets and such.

I don't understand....

Any thoughts?
When markets defy the logic of supply and demand, one has to look at manipulation. As long as investors accept paper metals as a substitute for real metals, prices will flounder. The supply of paper is unlimited.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
No one escapes the cycle, a repeat of what happened to PM's in 01 and 08, ( which defied goldbug reasoning) exactly. We have not seen the PM bottom yet, getting closer....patience.....paper people are harder headed than goldbugs...
Nonsense, numbers. Insiders consistently escape the cycles which they create.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"as long as..."

When markets defy the logic of supply and demand, one has to look at manipulation. As long as investors accept paper metals as a substitute for real metals, prices will flounder. The supply of paper is unlimited.

<===Foolsgold

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The money is going into the bit bucket on the floor next to your computer.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Aren't people selling PMs because they are trying to cover stock losses? IDK...

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Aren't people selling PMs because they are trying to cover stock losses? IDK...
Part of it, but we have not seen any big stock losses yet, -3.5 % today is a non event but a good warning that will stick in minds. Looks like the US market has basically recovered. PM's have been holding. When do people go to the Pawn shop? Only when they have nothing left.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I agree with Armstrongs TA, a DOW closing below 15,555 will change the paper peoples mind....getting closer, 15,900 at the moment....give it a week or two more.......this appears to be the " dip" I spoke about ( 01, 08). For the doom and gloom to happen, we need to see a good bounce up before the main event.

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I have to agree with you. But how do u prove these crimes? In fact my highly intelligent brother in law falls for evertthing they say on the TV

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I have to agree with you. But how do u prove these crimes? In fact my highly intelligent brother in law falls for evertthing they say on the TV
You don't. I gave up trying to "prove " anything to family and friends. Good to see you thinking about your brother in law...actions have had limited success with me, buy a few dozen US Silver dollars and start passing them out....it does not take long before they figure out it is " treasure " and they go out and buy some....I pass out Peace dollars, " in God we Trust", not long before it sinks in.......oh, the stories I could tell.....try it.

Ishkabibble

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The money only exists on the margin. It isn't real.

If a company has 1,000,000 shares outstanding and they are valued at $20 each... and they put out a media release filled with good news, the shares may rise to $22.20. Investors percieve greater value, even though the actual assets and prospects of the company are unchanged by the media release. The market cap just rose by $2.2 million. That's new money by the books, but by the books alone. Fact is the investors could not all unload at that price. Only the first out get the windfall. Now consider how much positive news (real or contrived) has pumped the market, and thus the money supply, on faith alone.

Most of the money simply evaporates, a multiple of the losses on the margin. It never was and so it can't go anywhere. It is the obverse of the news release I used as an example. But make no mistake, the liquidity crunch it causes will be very real. Liquidity is primarily faith-based. Collapse the trust horizon and liquidity fails with it.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

I don't understand....

Any thoughts?
IT takes liquidity to meet margin calls......PMs are a easy way to generate liquidity to meet those calls.......any real money coming out of the market is usually diverted at least temporarily into treasurys

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Part of it, but we have not seen any big stock losses yet, -3.5 % today is a non event but a good warning that will stick in minds. Looks like the US market has basically recovered. PM's have been holding. When do people go to the Pawn shop? Only when they have nothing left.
Compare the drops.

IMHO only gold held. Platinum not so bad, the rest? Not holding.

Dow Jones Industrial Avg down 3.57%
S&P 500 Index down 3.94%
NASDAQ Composite Index down 3.83%
S&P.TSX Composite Index down 3.12%

Gold down 0.47%
Silver down 3.65%
Platinum down 2.75%
Palladium down 4.82%
Rhodium down 6.88%

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
I imagine quite a a bit of money is buying sub $10K SAE monster boxes hand over forklift.

R.

JDRock

Seeker
Seeker
In the grand scheme of things the truth is money NEVER dissapears.... It merely CHANGES hands. Wealth has been steadily transferred from the white nations to the jews for a century now. The stated price of silver is nothing more that a suggestion to me. Its value cannot be measured by paper,ANY paper! Lulz is right as is hoarder... Endless distractions in the pathetic circus of the great jewish swindle.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
In the grand scheme of things the truth is money NEVER dissapears.... It merely CHANGES hands. Wealth has been steadily transferred from the white nations to the jews for a century now. The stated price of silver is nothing more that a suggestion to me. Its value cannot be measured by paper,ANY paper! Lulz is right as is hoarder... Endless distractions in the pathetic circus of the great jewish swindle.
Huh? Bankruptcy " disappears" money. Lehman Bros " disappeared" 650 billion in debt and 60 billion in " assets" with their bankruptcy( assets ? stock price of $90 a share, down to zero). A forced " Shemitah ". Study what happened in the 2008 meltdown before making untrue statements. The 2008 meltdown " disappeared" $27 trillion...it was a monster " no bid" event. First time in history such a large amount of wealth disappeared.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

I Ain't Broke But I'm Badly Bent

I'm goin' back to the country, I can't pay the rent
Though I'm not exactly broke, brother I'm sure bent
Can't understand where my money went
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

When I get back to the country I'll be livin' in a tent
Ma and Pa will sure be mad about all the money I spent
Can't understand just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent

Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke, but brother I'm badly bent.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDRock

Seeker
Seeker
Huh? Bankruptcy " disappears" money. Lehman Bros " disappeared" 650 billion in debt and 60 billion in " assets" with their bankruptcy( assets ? stock price of $90 a share, down to zero). A forced " Shemitah ". Study what happened in the 2008 meltdown before making untrue statements. The 2008 meltdown " disappeared" $27 trillion...it was a monster " no bid" event. First time in history such a large amount of wealth disappeared.
Silly man, do you have ANY idea who I am? Were you even at gim 1 ??
And NO , the wealth never evaporated, it just changed hands.
Let me put it to you this way: ALL the western nations are in debt .. To WHOM?? WHERE did their wealth go? Like a game of monopoly, as one player loses his funny money, another is aquiring his property and crisp faux 500's ... Its just in the world of high finance you and I are not allowed to see where it goes.

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
I wouldn't say they are escaping so much as positioning themselves to benefit while they are in the same cycle.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
And NO , the wealth never evaporated, it just changed hands.
Let me put it to you this way: ALL the western nations are in debt .. To WHOM?? WHERE did their wealth go? Like a game of monopoly, as one player loses his funny money, another is aquiring his property and crisp faux 500's ... Its just in the world of high finance you and I are not allowed to see where it goes.
Someone who does not know what bankruptcy is, nor a "no bid" event. Do you buy/sell Beanie Babies?

JDRock

Seeker
Seeker
Wealth lad.... The entire wealth of cultures and nations! Oh and by the way the bank takes the remaining wealth that has not been distributed and hands it to creditors! He doesnt wave a magic wand and make it dissapear��

You were the guy who day traded metals with one hand while strumming your guitar with the other. Had your own pages-long day trader Thread at GIM1.

:rock: <-- this guy

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I imagine quite a a bit of money is buying sub $10K SAE monster boxes hand over forklift.

R.
Unfortunately no, it isn't.

If 1% of the money in stocks flowed into silver bullion, silver would be up 25% almost instantly. It's a very small percentage of the population that bothers with it.