• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

So You Want My Job

Sport

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I would have said the same thing as gringott last year. This year I found a job working in a machine shop and love it. Getting back to making things and not reading email has been life changing. My smartphone is only being used to listen to Sirius music while cutting chips.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
There is something satisfying about "making" something. It can be machining parts from pieces of metal, welding steel into useful parts, or any other cutting, grinding, or shaping job. Of course, those who work with chemicals also deserve the respect for creating useful products. The guys at chrome shops earn every penny in my opinion.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Bagram Afghanistan - A Typical Day - Episode 2
Fall off the Map

Published on Dec 25, 2017
Typical day for me at BAF. It's Christmas Eve, but we work every day. Eat, sleep, work, repeat. I ride my bike across the base each morning. I could catch a ride, but it's my way to stay fit and get some alone time. This place is crowded, so time alone is precious.

In addition to showing you a little of my typical day, I also answer some questions about the housing and gym facilities for contractors, talk a little about my work in the preventative maintenance department in LOGCAP, and explain a bit about the different nationalities working here. If you enjoyed this video please like and subscribe, and check out my other videos on overseas contracting in Antartica and the Marshall Islands. You might also like my videos on how to get overseas jobs.

Hopefully, YouTube won't mistakenly flag this video as not advertiser friendly like they did my last one. They're algorithm doesn't seem to like Afghanistan videos much.

If anyone's wondering about my bike, it's from 6KU bikes. This is not a paid endorsement. I just really like the company. They have great customer service, and they make a pretty good quality single speed bike for cheap.