• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Soldier Kills 26 in Thailand Shooting Spree and Dies in Standoff

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
KORAT, Thailand — A soldier armed with an assault rifle went on a shooting rampage at a military base and a shopping mall in Thailand on Saturday, killing at least 26 people, wounding 57 and posting video on Facebook Live, officials said.

The gunman’s lengthy standoff with authorities ended Sunday morning, when a raid led to a flurry of gunfire that killed him. He died more than 12 hours after arriving in a stolen Humvee from a military base, where he had shot and killed a superior officer.

Security camera footage from the mall showed a young man in camouflage walking past shops with a long gun. Reports from inside described frantic shoppers fleeing, hiding in food court kitchens and behind cash registers, holding their breath and silencing their phones.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/08/world/asia/thailand-shooting.html?0p19G=2870

Very sad, lots of innocents murdered for no good reason.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Terrible. It's not just an American phenomenon. I wonder if he's a Muslim? Thailand has an issue with a Muslim rebellion in the South.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
From what little I can see, I don’t think he was Muslim. I believe this was over a property dispute and he snapped.