• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Sounds.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The sounds of a life and death struggle in the bush can sure get your hackles up. Was up fishing off a bridge Friday on a very small river when the commotion started and the screaming of a fawn in much distress attracted birds from a spell away.
The gurgle of the water running under the bridge also makes one wanna water the weeds more often too.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Just came in after listening to 4 owls hooting in every corner of the yard. Then the geese would add their honking to the wailing of at least 6 different coyotes in different directions. I think I started understanding why some city folk get a might jittery outside.LOL The frogs were even trying to croak with their parched throats.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I haven't heard coyotes for a while but I did see one driving home on Sunday when it was just starting to get dark.
I heard an owl the other night. It didn't sound like the usual "who cooks for you" that barred owls make, just individual hoots every once in a while.
Last night while planting in the garden I heard a welcomed sound of summer. The sound that nighthawks make.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Rat-a-tat-tat-tat etc. Woodpecker on the tree I sleep under and one has found something metal over by the catch all shed to hammer on. You'd think it would give him a head ache besides the mate he is trying to find.LOL The old cat purring is pretty neat too.

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Had the coyote pack squeezing and yipping on my back 20 acres, scares my wife. The frogs are croaking so loud right now we can’t sleep with the windows open. Then add in the geese, swans, and loons on the lakefront and it’s impossible to sleep. No wonder all the animals nap during day!

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This morning I had this dream that I was outside working on the garden when I noticed a crow sitting very close to me cawing away. I knew there was some suet on the sidewalk so I pointed it out to the crow so it could take it. Next thing you know the crow flew down and grabbed my hand and was attached attacking me and I couldn't pull it off. Then I woke up to the sound of a crow in the oak tree outside my window cawing away. :)

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sound I just heard made me smile. Shotguns from a couple young fellows out in the field telling the geese to move off. Didn't know they were out there but I'm betting a few geese hit the deck.