• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

South Africa: Land Expropriation, High Crime & Other News

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
"Time For Reconciliation Is Over" - South Africa Votes To Confiscate White-Owned Land

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 03/01/2018 - 04:15

Is South Africa on the verge of a race-based civil war?

Just as we warned was likely a week ago, the Parliament of South Africa voted this week in favor of a motion allowing lawmakers to amend the constitution to allow for the confiscation of white-owned farmland without any form of monetary compensation.

The motion, brought by the Economic Freedom Fighter (EFF) leader Julius Malema (radical Marxist), was overwhelming adopted in parliament with a vote of 241 in support, and 83 against.

According to News24.com, an English-language South African online news publication, there were only a few parties that were against the motion including the Democratic Alliance, Freedom Front Plus, Cope and the ACDP. The proposal will be sent to the Constitutional Review Committee which must report back to Parliament by late August.

Confiscation of white-owned farmland was a major topic in the new president Cyril Ramaphosa’s platform, after he became the fifth President of South Africa since the 1994 democratic transition, in mid-February.

“The time for reconciliation is over. Now is the time for justice,” Malema told the parliament.

“We must ensure that we restore the dignity of our people without compensating the criminals who stole our land.”

With over 50 million citizens in South Africa, Bloomberg indicates that a 2017 government report shows white people own 73 percent of farmland.

White farmers own almost three-quarters of South Africa’s agricultural land, even after 23 years of government efforts to redistribute land to the black majority, City Press reported, citing a land audit by farm lobbying group Agri SA.

Some 73.3 percent of agricultural land is owned by whites, down from 85.1 percent in 1994, the year South Africa first held democratic elections, the newspaper reported.

Black ownership has increased markedly in some of the country’s most fertile provinces. Black farmers own 74 percent of the land in KwaZulu-Natal and 52 percent in Limpopo, City Press reported, citing the report to be released this week.

Total acreage available for farming fell 4 percent over the 23 years reviewed, as mining and expanding municipalities took over agricultural land, according to economist Johann Bornman, who conducted the audit for the lobbying group.

Last week, South Africa’s new president, Cyril Ramaphosa, said that he would return the lands owned by the white farmers since the mid-1600s to the black citizens of the country. He added the country’s agriculture (see below) must be preserved.

Gugile Nkwinti, the former minister of rural affairs and land reform until Monday (reassigned to the minister of water affairs) said, “The ANC unequivocally supports the principle of land expropriation without compensation.”

“There is no doubt about it, land shall be expropriated without compensation,” he added.

On the other hand, the official opposition Democratic Alliance party (DA) has criticized the motion, saying white confiscation of farmland by the government will undermine property rights and possibly collapse the economy.

The DA’s Thandeka Mbabama told the parliament that the wrongs of the past must be addressed, but white confiscation of farmland without compensation “cannot be part of the solution.”

The Transvaal Agricultural Union of South Africa (TAU SA), a commercial farmers union in the region, warned the country is in danger of traveling the same path as Zimbabwe, which “plunged into famine after a government-sanctioned purge of white farmers in the 2000s,” said the Russian Times.

“Where in the world has expropriation without compensation coupled to the waste of agricultural land, resulted in foreign confidence, economic growth and increased food production?” Meintjes said, via Australia’s news.com.au.

“If Mr Ramaphosa is set on creating an untenable situation, he should actively create circumstances which will promote famine. His promise to expropriate land without compensation sows the seed for revolution. Expropriation without compensation is theft.”

Freedom Front Plus leader Pieter Groenewald warned,

“If you continue on this course, I can assure you there is going to be unforeseen consequences that is not in the interest of South Africa.”

The Coming Civil War in South Africa explained:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...outh-africa-votes-confiscate-white-owned-land

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
For anyone who is interested there are some interesting links in the comments section if you read the above at it's link source.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I wonder if they could use some muslim farmhands.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Sounds like the farmers need to hire an army and lock and load

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
If they are smart they will pour a couple pounds of black powder in the crankcases of all their tractors and GTFO of there. Little house on the prarie style.

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I looked all over and couldn't find a single fvck to give about South Africa

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No reason for the white farmers to stay, no compensation for taking land, just sell what you can and wreck the rest.
Head to Russia or the US or AU, whomever will take you.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
No reason for the white farmers to stay, no compensation for taking land, just sell what you can and wreck the rest.
Head to Russia or the US or AU, whomever will take you.
or they can take a stand and start shooting the black sons 'a bitches!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
‘White people stole land’ vs. ‘everyone is an immigrant in S. Africa’: Debate on land reform
RT

Published on Mar 1, 2018
South Africa’s new President Cyril Ramaphosa has pledged to redistribute land by taking it from white farmers and giving it to black people. But why is the millionaire pursuing such a drastic course of action and how will it work?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Just as a thought, take white vs black out of the picture for a second and consider...isn't this what happened in Russia after the 1917 Revolution? The haves were more or less slaughtered and their land holdings redistributed supposedly to the people. To me in many ways this is just another corrupt group of Governmental types that will in the end hold the power and the wealth just as the Politburo did in Russia. The Russian peasant continued to live in despondency and poverty and it was only the ruling so called "ins" that reaped the rewards.
Now if you want to put race into the equation consider the Confederacy where the plantation owners had their land confiscated and redistributed to many of the former black slaves by northerners who quite often profited from the demise of the Confederacy and most plantation owners never regained their former status.
Then we have Rhodesia now known as Zimbabwe and once again we see a land taken over by radicals who become the new privileged class.
I don't buy the race angle on this one bit and feel that the reason it is brought up is to inflame the masses with the end result of a corrupt bunch of Politicians that will end up on top and the masses will continue in a life of poverty, hunger and dejection.
In other words, to me, this is just another case of what goes around comes around.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Black, white, blue, green....if someone tries to take your land you kill them and keep killing them until they either kill you or they stop coming. Why is this so hard to understand??

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
This is probably a simplistic solution to this horrible situation, but if I could wish my way to a solution, I would take whatever American dollars are going into SA and give them to the white farmers. Then, send armed navy ships into SA to load any whites who want to come to the US and bring them here. SA will be a hellhole in a matter of a few years. Let them live in it.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
White peoples mistake was settling in South Africa. It’s not stable enough to get past the race card.

Had their skin been darker, they would still have their farms. It’s too easy to single whitey out over there.

It’s such an obvious distraction for someone who is trying to consolidate power to use.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Africa - shithole = I see no difference....................

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The whites probably won't qualify for refugee status here in the US. They would end up being hard working conservative voters. The gems would never allow that.
All true, but like I said, if I could wish my way to action...

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"White peoples mistake was settling in South Africa"
Partition..

White peoples mistake was settling in South Africa. It’s not stable enough to get past the race card.

Had their skin been darker, they would still have their farms. It’s too easy to single whitey out over there.

It’s such an obvious distraction for someone who is trying to consolidate power to use.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Pour pesticides down all the wells, gas , oil what ever they can find, make the ground worthless
No need to destroy the land. The African negroes have no clue how to work it and make it pay for them. Just sit back and watch them eat each other

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Based of the history of blacks and good governance, I'm certain that it will all end for the best. With the shining examples of Haiti, Uganda, Ruanda, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Sudan, Liberia, Angola leading the way, who can be other than optimistic?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Tommy D, what's up buddy? Nice to see you again.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
When you remove the productive people (white farmers), expect famine.

Next thing we will hear, is the United Nations announcing a famine crisis, is this once agricultural producing region. Of course, no indication of its cause.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
It's a communist takeover. Trump should fast track the white farmers to citizenship in the USA. In fact, we should send our deadwood back to SA in trade. Let them take a few shovels with them.

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Read some blogs ,posted even here , of guys still in what was left of Rhodesia trying to eeek it out.
I woulda given it up and bolted at the state of that situation.
Ugly.
IF it even remotely gets going like that SA is g-o-n-e.
Put a fork in it.

Edit to add:
241 to 83. They are cooked.

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
One problem is finding a country that will take them. Many have tried to leave but have been unable to find a place to go. The Brits certainly won't have anything to do with them.

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just as a thought, take white vs black out of the picture for a second and consider...isn't this what happened in Russia after the 1917 Revolution?
Yes, indeed, and I think you are wise in pointing this out. It has happened in many countries.

Black, white, blue, green....if someone tries to take your land you kill them and keep killing them until they either kill you or they stop coming. Why is this so hard to understand??
I agree that the farmers have every right to use lethal force to defend their lives and property. I also support any who wish to escape, and agree they should be allowed to immigrate to the US.

I'm not so sure about that. If English and Dutch had never settled in South Africa, I think a person like Malema, would still wage war on whatever different group of blacks he could in order to strengthen his power.

This whole situation is a great example of the dangers of a society that accepts the idea of group rights instead of individual rights. It's also a perfect example of how a democracy can be a tyranny.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Not in Soweto, with Malema as doorman.

Golden Regards
Uncle

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
posted it here earlier...

This may be the dumbest thing that any politician could ever do…
Simon Black

March 5, 2018

Victoria, Chile

Week before last, I told you about how the brand-new President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, made an impassioned speech calling for the confiscation of real estate from white land owners.

It was a pretty remarkable thing to say during what was literally his first week in office.

You’d think the new president would take the opportunity to address more immediate, more critical issues– for example, the fact that Cape Town is about to run out of water.

I’m serious.

Cape Town, the second largest city in South Africa (and the most well-developed on the African continent) is about to become the world’s first major city to run out of water.

The city is experiencing its worst drought in a century, one that has dragged on for more than three years. And its various dams and reservoirs are at historically low levels.

Local residents are already being rationed, including having their showers limited to two minutes.

But even with the rationing, Cape Town is still just weeks away from running out of water.

You’d think that would be at the top of the government’s list, given that their own idiotic policies caused this problem to begin with.

But no.

Social Justice has once again won the day over common sense. So they’re prioritizing the confiscation of white-owned land over critical water supply needs.

A few days ago, they took this a step further and actually passed a law authorizing the expropriation of land without compensation.

Their next move is to form an official committee to manage the process.

Now, South Africa obviously has a painful history regarding race.

And this issue of land ownership goes all the way back to the earliest European settlers who took land from the natives– something that President Ramaphosa called “original sin.”

The government’s objective is to correct this centuries-old injustice by taking land away from white owners and giving it back to its ‘original’ owners… ostensibly the descendants of native tribes.

But here’s where things become completely ridiculous. Let me give you a hypothetical example…

Let’s say a white landowner has a large property in eastern South Africa.

Even if he’s only owned the land for six months, he’s still going to be blamed for four centuries of imperialism… so his land will be confiscated by the government.

That sounds like a nice dose of justice!

But who will become the new owner?

One of the dominant tribes in eastern South Africa is the Zulu people. So perhaps the South African government will carve up the land and give tiny parcels to members of the Zulu tribe.

But then again… the Zulu tribe conquered that region centuries ago after a bloody war with the Ndwande tribe.

So perhaps the government should give the land to the descendants of the Ndwande instead.

Except that the Ndwande had conquered the area from the Mthethwa Empire, who in turn had conquered it from the Pedi tribe (of which Julius Malema, another of South Africa’s political hot-heads, is a member).

Even the most die-hard Social Justice Warrior whose heart soars at the prospect of confiscating land from white people has to acknowledge the absurdity of stealing property from the descendants of one conqueror and giving it to the descendants of another conqueror.

And, even if it were possible to accurately determine the ‘rightful’ owners of the land, and even if the prospect of forced redistribution were a good idea, can we really trust one of the most corrupt governments in the world to fairly and transparently execute the program?

Or is there just a teeny, tiny possibility that maybe, just maybe, all this confiscated land will end up being owned by government cronies?

Another important point is that a lot of this land that the government wants to confiscate probably has quite a bit of bank debt.

Imagine– you just bought a farm for, say, 50 million rand (that’s about USD $3 million). And in order to do so, you took out a hefty loan from a South African bank.

Now the government comes along and steals your property.

Are you seriously going to keep paying the loan?

Of course not.

This means that the banks are going to be stuck with massive defaults and bad debts, leading to a wave of bank failures.

So in their crusade to bring Social Justice to South Africa, the government is effectively engineering a banking crisis in their country.

This is criminally stupid behavior that puts South Africa on the same path that Zimbabwe followed in the late 1990s.

And as I told you a few weeks ago, when I first reported about this land confiscation in South Africa, anyone who is dumb enough to follow Zimbabwe’s economic model absolutely deserves what they’re going to get.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Well I guess there goes the South African wine industry. It's a shame, they started to really begin to get some notable vintages. Drink'em while you got 'em.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well I guess there goes the South African wine industry. It's a shame, they started to really begin to get some notable vintages. Drink'em while you got 'em.
Interesting. Or maybe hoard and sell?

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Interesting. Or maybe hoard and sell?
They were on their way up but still had a way to go. If you are going to hoard alcohol then hoard the hard stuff it, last (nearly) forever.