• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

South Dakota Governor encourages Seattle police officers to apply in South Dakota

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Smart lady! Already trained!

South Dakota Governor encourages Seattle police officers to apply in South Dakota​

Governor Noem's past recruiting efforts brought hundreds of police applicants to the state​

May 2, 2021
Law Officer

by Law Officer

Source: https://governor.sd.gov
Source: https://governor.sd.gov

Pierre, South Dakota — South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem encouraged police officers in Seattle to bring their talents and apply to law enforcement agencies in South Dakota. Governor Noem welcomed them saying: “To those Seattle officers leaving the force: instead of demonizing you, in South Dakota we stand WITH you,” in a tweet, after more than 100 Seattle Police officers reportedly left the force.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-02-at-10.29.05-AM.png

The exodus of Seattle police officers should hardly seem mysterious, as Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan continually expressed support for defunding the police department, even though crime in Seattle has spiked.

Meanwhile, South Dakota has one of the strongest economies in the country and the only state that did not shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The unemployment rate in South Dakota remains one of the lowest in the nation with 4.8%.

It wasn’t the first time that Noem courted those with the badge. In 2020, she launched a campaign that brought in hundreds of police applications from 41 states.

Governor Noem became the South Dakota Governor In 2018 after spending several years in the state legislature. She ran on a platform against tax increases, government growth, federal intrusion, and government secrecy.

It seems Governor Noem can add another victory to her belt: she’s a great law enforcement recruiter.

Someone_else

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Why does SD need so many coppers?
I don't think they do. That is one of the paradoxes of the universe. I pay a fair bit of sales tax to SD, and if they spend it on cops that are "not necessary", I won't argue about that.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I don't think they do. That is one of the paradoxes of the universe. I pay a fair bit of sales tax to SD, and if they spend it on cops that are "not necessary", I won't argue about that.

Sales tax is 4.5% plus any city sales tax. There is no personal income tax in South Dakota.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
SD may be a place to start looking to put money into. Can for sure see people from MN relocating there.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Didn't Noem veto a bill to prevent males from competing in female sports?

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
SD may be a place to start looking to put money into. Can for sure see people from MN relocating there.

Problem is, those Minnesotans that move in, will vote Democrat.

Anyone from Kalifornia, Minnesota, etc. that moves into my area, continues to vote Democrat.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
heard on the radio - she said they have received job applications from cops in 41 states

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
TS and EOA,

that was my thoughts also,
You bring in these outsiders, gunslingers from chitholes, and?

now sure, some will be aok,

but seriously, you are installing enforcers that are not of the same culture, the same upbringing, the same beliefs,
and where does that go?

and I can certainly see the laws of unintended consequences applying in spades,
or maybe it is quite intended.............

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
TS and EOA,

that was my thoughts also,
You bring in these outsiders, gunslingers from chitholes, and?

now sure, some will be aok,

but seriously, you are installing enforcers that are not of the same culture, the same upbringing, the same beliefs,
and where does that go?

and I can certainly see the laws of unintended consequences applying in spades,
or maybe it is quite intended.............
In my experience, they turn into revenue generators who have no whims about putting a 17 YO pot smoker in the slam and into the system. Once they have a persons number they will harass that person until the person has to move away for relief, know of two people, both women who wouldn't hurt a flea. Once a person is in the system they will be mandated to pay for "classes". The teachers will be inept bunglers who think other peoples heads are their playground. There hasn't been an uptick in cop violence but they are bored to death and police like the Gestapo.

Typical blotter, town of 25,000. The criminal inquiries are people going back to the poke after not being able to attend the retarded classes or some such.