• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Southwest Airlines is Having a Complete Meltdown as Hundreds of Flights Delayed or Canceled in Mass ‘Sickout’

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Southwest Airlines is Having a Complete Meltdown as Hundreds of Flights Delayed or Canceled in Mass ‘Sickout’​

Kyle BeckerOctober 10, 2021

Southwest Airlines has become the latest major U.S. airline to mandate that employees receive the Covid-19 vaccination or lose their jobs. The airline is immediately suffering the consequences due to a reported mass ‘sickout’ that is causing severe delays and hundreds of flight cancellations.

“The Dallas-based company said its workers must be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8 in order to remain at the airline. Employees can seek approval to skip the shots due to medical or religious reasons,” KDVR reported.

The major airline carrier is now suffering severe operational disruption due to widespread reports.

“Southwest Airlines is suffering an operational meltdown this weekend as hundreds upon hundreds of flights have been delayed or canceled outright,” the Points Guy reported. “The airline is blaming weather and an air traffic control issue from Friday for the domino effect of cancellations.”

“Thousands of passengers have been stranded at airports, been forced to wait in long lines, or spent hours on hold trying to rebook their flights,” the report continued.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My sibling made one of last flights before the crap started, this will screw up the cruise lines too.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
And well it should!

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw something indicating a bunch of ATC in Jacksonville, FL walked out yesterday and that delayed a bunch of flights as well?

ABC123

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/southwest-pilots-union-sues-block-airlines-vaccination-mandate

1633885309449.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I saw something indicating a bunch of ATC in Jacksonville, FL walked out yesterday and that delayed a bunch of flights as well?
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 9.40.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 9.45.54 AM.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Corporations forget one thing...

People

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
sadly, a nothingburger

just the latest communist action of communism over profit. the list of corporations doing this is long and distinguished

frbny enables and funds the communist coup. profits dont matter when you have the (bank) covering your action -- just do what you're told

end the fed

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Excellent. Unless you had an unfortunate flight scheduled today.

About time for an airline to ban mandates so all the good employees and customers can avoid the commies.

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Southwest Airlines is Having a Complete Meltdown as Hundreds of Flights Delayed or Canceled in Mass ‘Sickout’​

Southwest Airlines has become the latest major U.S. airline to mandate that employees receive the Covid-19 vaccination or lose their jobs. The airline is immediately suffering the consequences due to a reported mass ‘sickout’ that is causing severe delays and hundreds of flight cancellations.

“The Dallas-based company said its workers must be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8 in order to remain at the airline. Employees can seek approval to skip the shots due to medical or religious reasons,” KDVR reported.

The major airline carrier is now suffering severe operational disruption due to widespread reports.

“Southwest Airlines is suffering an operational meltdown this weekend as hundreds upon hundreds of flights have been delayed or canceled outright,” the Points Guy reported. “The airline is blaming weather and an air traffic control issue from Friday for the domino effect of cancellations.”

“Thousands of passengers have been stranded at airports, been forced to wait in long lines, or spent hours on hold trying to rebook their flights,” the report continued.

GOOD.

This is what comes of blind subservience and crony rent-seeking by industries who no longer care about the desires of their customers.

I'm enraged...I have to get Jabbed (making me MOAR infectious, not less) just to use their service...any airline's service. Face diaper, full frisk (including a fondle, for adolescent girls) and then stewardesses who think they're prison matrons.

LET IT CRASH AND BURN. The whole mess. Fitting that Southwest should be the focal point, since they ONCE were focused on low-cost, friendly service.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Hospital workers ought to use the same tactic.
CORPORATE give you a "drop dead" ( jab or good bye) start burning Sick Leave and where you can vacation time. Drop Dead date comes you can go to work make them say "Your Fired" the A.M.F. ( Adios Mudder Fuquers).
Put the crisis back on them. Do not take their shit.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
So if the virus is such a threat, why do SW employees have two months to get the jab? They could infect 100,000 people by then . :D
Look at the crowd rushing the field when TAMU beat BAMA last night. If a SUPERSREADER event does not start by next Thursday you know all of this is BULLSHIT.
FAUCI 4 PRISON

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Hospital workers ought to use the same tactic.
CORPORATE give you a "drop dead" ( jab or good bye) start burning Sick Leave and where you can vacation time. Drop Dead date comes you can go to work make them say "Your Fired" the A.M.F. ( Adios Mudder Fuquers).
Put the crisis back on them. Do not take their shit.
Southwest USED to have a corporate culture of irreverence, of individuality. The Cowboy persona. The whole company was started as a group of outlaws, trying to cross the FAA's moat that barred entry of new airlines...from the hyper-regulated years of the 1960s.

They succeeded. By doing everything differently, they prospered. No hubs, no fancy new jets, no hyping of meals and other irrelevancies. Just cheap, reliable service.

The people who're there now, who were hired in that era, are likely themselves still outlaws at heart. Just as today's physicians are obedient to government, and today's nurses are excited by the idea of the progressive socialization of health care.

THOSE kinds of people are the kind who will immediately comply with any government order.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
THOSE kinds of people are the kind who will immediately comply with any government order.
Until they see their own work load Double / or Triple.
Ideas of dreamers are great until they affect the dreamer himself or his wallet.

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
we all know there is only 1 answer,

and that is for people to stand up and say no,

no to .gov, no to .corp, and no to their neighbors

just flat no

until then guys, nothing changes,
and without persons doing it and sticking to it in quantity, it still is over, we are just mop up duty and they will get around to us eventually

if the .corp can fire one peasant, turn around and hire another, then they see no difference,
they could care less

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I have a few friends in the airline industry, pilots, and they both confirm the ATC has indeed caused the delay over the vaccine bullshit.

And so it starts.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Get woke go broke. Seems "customers" are not happy.

Write a comment… Scott P. Wyatt Not that it matters to Southwest, but after the fiasco this weekend I won’t fly Southwest ever again. The airline has absolutely no regard for customer service, no moral compass guiding its management, and has the audacity to lie to the public as to w… See More

103 Like · Reply · 4h · Edited 18 Replies Melvin Chandler Utterly ridiculous what happened yesterday. And the nerve to blame it on weather and ATC when other airlines are still flying. They told my parents they couldn’t get them another flight til Wednesday and refused to compensate them for a hotel or other… See More

18 Like · Reply · 6h 1 Reply Annette Cabana Bouvier They ruined my family’s trip to Niagara Falls; we were 6 of us. They texted us that our flight was delayed 4 hours, the 20 minutes later, they texted our flight was cancelled. Thankfully our Hotel let us cancel with no penalty, as well as our car ren… See More

7 Like · Reply · 7h 1 Reply Michelle Wilson Gunn Normally I love southwest. Yesterday put a big question mark as to whether I will ever fly them again. 20 mins before boarding our flight got canceled. Spent an hour in a line to find out where to find our luggage. Had to book a flight on Alaksa air t… See More

98 Like · Reply · 11h 9 Replies Tracy Moore I was texted at 4am that I was “rebooked” more than 36 hours later than my original flight. No voucher, no help with an extended hotel stay. I have booked another airline to leave today and will demand a refund from SW. We have work and school to get b… See More

52 Like · Reply · 15h 12 Replies Jayme Carneghi Stachura Used to be a great RELIABLE company - but definitely not after this past weeks experiences. At least be truthful about cancellations. Your customers can check the weather - but I’m sure as long as it works on your end to save you the money! My 13 hou… See More

45 Like · Reply · 17h 8 Replies Cindy Mills Price I will miss surprising my 14 year old at his soccer game in Florida today as my flight was just canceled. I was only getting a 3 hour window to see him as he is away at boarding school. Ridiculous. Heartbroken - no time to rebook another flight.

16 Like · Reply · 18h 1 Reply Debbie Bell Alaniz By far after today I don't think I'll ever fly SW again. Canceled flight after Canceled flight to get no real help since most everything to Houston and the surrounding areas tomorrow is booked or Canceled. Can't really drive from Seattle to Houston.… See More

12 Like · Reply · 19h 1 Reply Kristin Rocco Don't do it! They cancelled our flight 2 hours before departure today, for "lack of crew" and nothing available until Tuesday! So why advertise their cheaper rates this past week, so people will book trips when they knew there is a lack of crew.

34 Like · Reply · 1d · Edited 11 Replies Jaynee Juneau I’m happy you require your employees to be vaccinated. Makes everyone safer! We had a great flight from STL the Vegas and back, great fare, great service and staff.

98 Like · Reply · 1d 56 Replies Sherry Melecki SWA is my favorite airline! I’m happy they are requiring employees to be vaccinated and everyone to wear masks! I love that I can cancel a flight almost at the last minute without penalty! I don’t often use the $59 flights but take lots of direct fl… See More

77 Like · Reply · 1d 27 Replies Sally Jones Moore Great rates, no complaints and grateful for the vaccination mandate. Thank you for protecting those who fly and those who make it happen.

151 Like · Reply · 4d 36 Replies Carol Engel Reiman What a crock. The prices on sw have skyrocketed. I cant get a flight out of islip for a reasonable price or even now a reasonable time. We went from 3 ish nonstops a day to one crappy time. So now i fly frontier out of islip

107 Like · Reply · 5d 40 Replies Bill Brennan On hold 7.5 hours and counting —- they use weather as an excuse so they do not have to refund money or give out vouchers ! If their work stoppage is the real reason they would be paying out big $$$$$! Looks like class action suit material to me !

20 Like · Reply · 10h 4 Replies Yvonne Colon Absolute disaster today, my husband got stuck in Denver and will be there 32+ hours. Travel vouchers don't help when you have to spend money on a hotel and food for 24 hours. Very disappointed in an airline I have always spoken well of and used frequently.

30 Like · Reply · 22h 13 Replies Bari Ellen It's worth the $$$ if customer service is good and they did not arbitrarily change non stops to layovers and have avoidable delays ( not weather or pandemic related) , and cancellations without providing viable options. Right now I would not use them i… See More

4 Like · Reply · 1d Jason Mealey Stop advertising until you can honor all your flights. You ruined alot of vacations on Oct 10. The lying reason doesn't nake it better.

29 Like · Reply · 21h 2 Replies Brad Isola That’s be awesome if Houston to Vegas was $59… instead it’s $459

5 Like

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and i think of the withdrawls some would have, the shoes they'd throw at me if i simply told them:
Stop Flying

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 8.04.14 PM.png

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Dang.
I was a fan.
Just a few weeks ago they were bucking the trend and announced they would have no such mandate for their employees.

Something happened.
Goobermint made threats, probably.

And like all crony rentiers, they took them to heart.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I have a few friends in the airline industry, pilots, and they both confirm the ATC has indeed caused the delay over the vaccine bullshit.

And so it starts.

Why would the ATC only affect Southwest? Does each airline have their own controllers?

Last edited:

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Why wpuld the ATC only affect Sothwest? Does each airline have their only controllers?
No, ATC works with everyone. However some airports are predominately used by certain airlines. For example, Dallas Love Field is mostly used by Southwest and Dallas Fort Worth by the other major carriers.

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Dang.
I was a fan.
Just a few weeks ago they were bucking the trend and announced they would have no such mandate for their employees.

Something happened.

Try $25 billion in payroll bailouts and another $25 billion in loans.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Try $25 billion in payroll bailouts and another $25 billion in loans.

read the comments below the story!

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Are these "strikes" receivng any coverage in the MSM Stateside?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Southwest said an air traffic management program put in place due to weather has caused significant delays.

:snicker:

Southwest said it has to mandate vaccines because of new rules from the Biden administration requiring companies with federal contracts to have vaccinated staffs. Southwest’s work for the government includes flying the military in emergencies and carrying mail for the U.S. Postal Service.

Let's go Brandon!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
1633958705446.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Domestic terrorists unite!

1633959006103.png

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Dottykins RWR Dig Dot Chat
@Dottykins
18h
·
Red Wave Riders

"I’m in the airline industry. Yesterday 668 Southwest Airlines flights had canceled by the time I went to bed. They are estimating 1,000-1,400 will be cancelled today. Want to know why? They told their pilots and flight attendants they had until November to get jabbed. So now they have to use all their banked vacation and personal time, or lose it. And off duty crew are not picking up trips to cover. Jacksonville ATC walked out too and Milwaukee ATC is expected to follow today."

"There is no weather. Southwest just doesn’t want to tell you the real reason why."

"I asked one of the pilots about it. The answer I got was (paraphrasing):"

"80% of our pilots are ex-military. We see the tyranny that’s happening. They’re coming for essential workers first (nurses, doctors, firefighters, police, military, teachers and transportation workers) and they’re coming for the rest of America next. We’re not doing it for us, we’re doing it for America. We swore to defend the constitution against all enemies."

I admire their brass and patriotism.

There is anther factor. If they are diagnosed with myocarditis after taking the jab, something that has a decent probability of happening, they will likely never be a pilot again.

-------------

AJ Kay
@AJKayWriter

From a contact who is an air traffic controller:

@SouthwestAir
cancellations & delays are 100% a vaccine mandate protests (which you already knew)

2. Employee protests of other airlines are planned

3. If enforced, ATC vaccine mandates likely to disrupt air traffic globally

--------------

e6d1b8f3814a69c6.png

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Not sure it's good news. It's really just inconveniencing a lot of folks who are trying to get somewhere. Sure, it sounds like good news until you realize that the airlines will be subsidized by uncle joe because of the loss of business. They'll probably make more money that way, so they don't care. We will all end up paying them to just sit on the tarmac, pretending to be an airline.

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
77 Like · Reply · 1d 27 Replies Sally Jones Moore Great rates, no complaints and grateful for the vaccination mandate. Thank you for protecting those who fly and those who make it happen.

inconvenient truth, to all you non vaxers,
thank you for your service Ms Sally Jones Moore

disruptions for Washington State Ferries​

nope, not gonna do it, it didn't state fairies
you can't make me respond to that....................

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Love all this GOOD NEWS!
Yep, The high brow elites always seem to forget Murphy's Law of Unintended Consequences - What can go wrong will go wrong.