• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Spotify Strikes Podcast Deal With Joe Rogan Worth More Than $100 Million

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Pretty sure I'm discerning enough to make my own decision, no hand holding requested.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
never listened to rogan. but some friends do...

this sounds like it harkens back to the days after the vipers got their 'federal' reserve central bank. their next move was to buy up all of the media. this policy continued from newspapers, to books, to radio, to magazines, to tv, to movies, to internet

if they cant kill it, they buy it. if they cant buy it, they kill it.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i like the angle...it's very possibly true in this case

Casey Jones

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm gonna adjust my opinion a little bit here.

Tom Luongo put the event in perspective for me.

https://tomluongo.me/2020/05/22/joe-rogan-blew-up-death-star/

Thought provoking. The proper read on the nooze is not, "Rogan gets paid to go to Spotify" but "Rogan tells YouTube censors to pound sand and moves to a growing competing base."

According to Luongo, the event was, what else, chloroquine. Rogan was interviewing actual physicians - not PhDs and EdDs who head NGO medical foundations and public-health agencies.

Ewe Toob censored Rogan. Rogan said, Bugger off, and went to Spotify.

Censorship fails. Thought control fails.

Score one for the non-insane normies.

It's enough to make me reconsider my opinion on Joe Rogan.

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I like Rogan. I like the way he interviews people, no script, no notes, mostly no agenda. It’s like a guy sitting down with another guy, or a woman, or multiple guys, whatever and just talking about whatever subject is on the menu, or relevant according to his guest’s occupation or life experience. He offers enormously more content, information and entertainment-wise, than Howard Stern or Larry King or a Barbara Walters type ever did and he’s very interesting. Many times, when I watch him, he’s asking incredibly pertinent and intelligent, probing questions of his guests. He often gets down to the meat of the matter on subject they are discussing.

Sometimes he’s stupid, but not too often. He’s just a guy with a decent brain doing great interviews, often about fascinating subjects. Holy hell, I’ve even seen him with a freaking joint in his hand while interviewing people. Sometimes, he’s an asshole! He had Stephen Crowder on once and he was all lit up, talking to Crowder, high as hell, because Crowder is anti-marijuana. I think Crowder handled himself really well during the whole interview, though. The point is, you’re not going to see anybody else just doing raw, person to person, what’s really in your head, interviewing and chatting/jabbering like you do with Rogan.

I don’t know that he’s selling out. He says his show will be free on Spotify. I know I’ve heard of Spotify, but I don’t know anything about it, to tell the truth. But, I watched Patrick Ben David, another decent interviewer, talk about the deal, last night and he said Rogan got a hundred million from Spotify and Spotify gained like three billion in value in 48 hours.

Plus, they stole away one of YouTube’s heavy hitters. Google is getting a little too big, anyway, punishing content and de-monitizing people and shadow-banning. Maybe something like this will put a small damper on their expression of power over content producers. Feeling like they can just crush you, or make you irrelevant if you don’t toe the leftist/PC line. Maybe Spotify will be more of the same. Maybe they will be different.
I like him too. Not gonna watch a 3 hour episode...maybe/doubtful/depending who it is...but the 3-20 minute thing, sure. I haven't seen any of his standup comedy or martial arts fighting but he does ask probing questions, says fuck ALOT, but makes me feel like I'm sitting there with the guys enjoying the conversations. And he covers ALL topics and sounds cognizant of what the guest brings and if he's not sure he wants to know the answer.
Good for him and his family. If he wasn't enjoyable he wouldn't be there.

Try a few clips, pick a guest or topic...I liked Bob Lazar, Jordan Peterson, and some people I've never heard of....

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I like him too. Not gonna watch a 3 hour episode...maybe/doubtful/depending who it is...but the 3-20 minute thing, sure. I haven't seen any of his standup comedy or martial arts fighting but he does ask probing questions, says fuck ALOT, but makes me feel like I'm sitting there with the guys enjoying the conversations. And he covers ALL topics and sounds cognizant of what the guest brings and if he's not sure he wants to know the answer.
Good for him and his family. If he wasn't enjoyable he wouldn't be there.

Try a few clips, pick a guest or topic...I liked Bob Lazar, Jordan Peterson, and some people I've never heard of....
I’ve watched him train (YT video), but never watched him fight. He looks like a legitimate badass to me. He has a wicked roundhouse kick, both feet. Very powerful. I saw one of his comedy routines on YT. Not terribly impressed.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm gonna adjust my opinion a little bit here.

Tom Luongo put the event in perspective for me.

https://tomluongo.me/2020/05/22/joe-rogan-blew-up-death-star/

Thought provoking. The proper read on the nooze is not, "Rogan gets paid to go to Spotify" but "Rogan tells YouTube censors to pound sand and moves to a growing competing base."

According to Luongo, the event was, what else, chloroquine. Rogan was interviewing actual physicians - not PhDs and EdDs who head NGO medical foundations and public-health agencies.

Ewe Toob censored Rogan. Rogan said, Bugger off, and went to Spotify.

Censorship fails. Thought control fails.

Score one for the non-insane normies.

It's enough to make me reconsider my opinion on Joe Rogan.
Great perspective on that situation.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Agreed, Thanks given...
:2 thumbs up:

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Some of my favorite episodes are with Duncan Trussel. Not going to win the noble peace prize when these 2 get together but the 2 of them together are fun to listen to.

John Anthony West, Randal Carlson, Dr Rhona Patrick, Robert Schok and a bunch of others are my favorite episodes. He even had Snowden on for a very eye opening presentation.
Oh and one of the last ones I posted here was with that Author that spent 20 years of his life investigating Manson and CIA shit.. What a can of worms that guy followed. If you didn't believe in conspiracy theories before that podcast, you had no choice afterwards.

He may not be a Trump supporter but he hates Hillary and most of the left as well. I wouldn't say he is conservative by any means but certainly has more conservative values that anything else.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Some of my favorite episodes are with Duncan Trussel. Not going to win the noble peace prize when these 2 get together but the 2 of them together are fun to listen to.

John Anthony West, Randal Carlson, Dr Rhona Patrick, Robert Schok and a bunch of others are my favorite episodes. He even had Snowden on for a very eye opening presentation.
Oh and one of the last ones I posted here was with that Author that spent 20 years of his life investigating Manson and CIA shit.. What a can of worms that guy followed. If you didn't believe in conspiracy theories before that podcast, you had no choice afterwards.

He may not be a Trump supporter but he hates Hillary and most of the left as well. I wouldn't say he is conservative by any means but certainly has more conservative values that anything else.
Yeah, he interviews just about anybody worth interviewing and some people who are surprisingly interesting. He had Henry Rollins and that guy is fascinating and, of all people, McCauly Caulkin, who is a bit strange, but a really cool dude. You wouldn’t expect that, at all. Jordan Peterson (multiple times), Shawn Baker, Uncle Ted Nugent, Neil Degrass Tyson, you mentioned Dr. Rhonda Patrick and she is interesting as hell, Pavel Tsatsouline, Jocko Willink, Pat MacNamara, Crowder, Ben Shapiro, oh yeah, Dorian Yates, six time Mr. Olympia. That dude is much more intelligent than you would expect. Others come to mind, but I can’t recall their names, right now. Old guy syndrome. It’s bad, lately.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Alex Jones they've played in the sandbox together. Jus' Sayin'

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Alex Jones they've played in the sandbox together. Jus' Sayin'
Is that a guilt by association factoid? I know you don’t normally play that game, GB.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Is that a guilt by association factoid? I know you don’t normally play that game, GB.
Naw, I just happened to run into that video while bored on Utube one day. Rogan and Jones both are too long winded for my liking. I listen for awhile when I think they are repeating themselves I move on. I do get more tidbits from Jones than I do from Rogan.
Rogan gets the better guests. IMHO

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
Rogan is an Alex Jones for millenials. Let me know if he ever has this poster from ZH on his new podcast

1590206589689.png
dead hobo 5/22/2020

The Wuhan Crisis is the end game.

If it had not occurred then the asset bubble had years of expansion remaining. QE only elevates asset prices without significant ill effects if 100% employment exists. Japan is the living example of this. Imagine Japan and it's current MMT with only 50% of the Japanese people working. Even a Fed economist can understand this problem.

Now the US has significant actual and potential unemployment. The serious fall in income comes after 7-31 when the $600/week expires. Loans are defaulting as I write this and the defaults are only beginning.

If the Wuhan Crisis was associated with a real disease, as opposed to a kind of bad disease that has seriously good press if seriously good press means ending the world so that favored groups benefit, then there might still be hope. The endgame is here. Fed QE is right now a last ditch attempt to hold things together - the literal duct tape and wire that keeps the airplane flying. The US version of Venezuela awaits in about 60 days unless the economy turns around fast and strong immediately.

Not exaggeration. QE does not make interest payments on defaulting loans. It only pumps asset prices. The pumped loans still default. Also,Fed, please note that a HY loan does not refinance by buying HY ETFs. You only pump asset prices.

If the tone of the economy does not significantly improve by about June 5 to almost normal, then no amount of QE or fake media will fix what follows in a slow motion train wreck over a cliff into flammable refined gasoline farm.

Unless the Fed decides to monetize interest payments on HY loans that would otherwise default. Now that's a confidence builder. Who wouldn't want to invest their retirement savings in that world?

Also, by 'end game' I mean 'end of days'. Not kidding. The world wide everything bubble is about to blow and unemployment will be perhaps 50% when it goes off. Please note that i said 'before it goes off'. The situation is that dire. If you don't agree, what's your counter argument? I would love to be proved wrong here. If I were a time traveler this one would rate alongside the sinking of the Titanic.

We still have a few more good months of helicopter money and then into this fall we will start to understand the true impact of this ongoing collapse.