• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Squirrel Hunting For Cash-Filled Suitcases! Lehto's Law Ep. 5.39

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Some of this guy's stories are pretty good.

Squirrel Hunting for Cash-Filled Suitcases! Lehto's Law Ep. 5.39
Steve Lehto

Published on Dec 20, 2018
The true story of the squirrel hunter from Michigan who bagged himself a suitcase with $383,000 in it. And the lengthy fight that he engaged in to keep the money.

http://www.lehtoslaw.com

From the comments:

- When has anyone benefited by calling the police?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The hunter still made out well after paying his legal bill.

BRAVO buddy.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I woun't have said shit.

Finders keepers
losers weepers

And, following my own advice I did find $200 under a recently auction acquired coupDe-vile I was changing the key switch in and three days after the bonaza I got the call about "did I see it." Shit sherlie, the guy was going to go after the guy that put it there....just think money drop.....And, I fessed up....You know that is the way it works for me, like every dam time.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Better to be a little light in the wallet then found as an "air conditioned" corpse ( if ya know what I mean).

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Better to be a little light in the wallet then found as an "air conditioned" corpse ( if ya know what I mean).
IDK, ya think whom ever buried it has a hound? I would bet they never put a game cam on it.....but....

but what I was thinking is he buried it there himself.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
IDK, ya think whom ever buried it has a hound? I would bet they never put a game cam on it.....but....but what I was thinking is he buried it there himself.
I was speaking of your $200.00 "Found" bucks you gave back. :surrender:

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I was speaking of your $200.00 "Found" bucks you gave back. :surrender:
Oh, oh yeah about that maybe a little explanation,,,guess what "Its Story Time."

So I usually head down to the woodburn auction with Butch to pick up his purchases. And, this is because he is old and all that stuff but mainly just to tie the stuff to the trailer. Anywhoos, this one day there was this banana boat Coup deville that he wanted to drive home; he purchased it for 700.

So off we go and the thing craps out in Salem, so we push it around, get it parked and call for a tow, then left it there. On the drive back we talked about it and I figured it was out of tranny fluid and the trans was just slipping. Well it shows up and we checked the trans level and it was up....I thought about it and mentioned that the valve body might be hanging up.....and discussing things with Butch is tuff because he is a farmer from the 30's and on so I actually do every thing with nothing and nothing gets throwed away or purchased; sept junk, junk is hoarded.

Well I don't know what whom ever owned the banana boat thought they were doing but some body had put what looked like old paraffin motor oil in that tranny cuz the filter was caked black with it. Swapped filters and varoom.

So Butch was moving it and the key got stuck half way, could not turn it could not start it could not turn it off, just dead in the water. I told him to go get a new switch but nope, it was fix that one; SIGH.

So I pulled the switch showed him it was f'ed and he went and got a new one with key. My problem was I could not get the C clip back in because the telescoping aspect of the steering wheel but I had used a visegrip to get it steered in front of the shop. Way I figured is the bearing just under the heavy spring had moved up the column had moved out of its resting place so I went after it to reset it and all them little bearings went every where. So as I picked them up I was missing two and the only place they could have went is under the seat AND that is how I found that 200.

So even though the wad had a new hundred and a ten in it I figured for some reason and I don't know why, I figured that who ever deliver it to the auction had left it there. SCORE, right? NOT! Some body had left it there for him as he was not home and why they put it in that thing is beyond me. So when Butch called me and asked if I had seen that 200 the first thing out of my mouth was no. And, as I talked to Butch he went on about how he was gona go after the Chinaman. So I thought about it and no I could not do that to someone who was and had completed his contract....

SO I called Butch back and told him to leave the Chinaman alone as I had found the 200 and would have it Friday. I mean its all flippen funny now but at the time I was agast at myself because I never like never have a fortuitous day unless it is bad fortune and this is a case in point.

Oh and if any one is wondering how to get that waskely C clip in without the proper tool all you have to do is make sure when you push down on the turn signal device that is you can see the grove it goes into then go and grind that C clip edges to a chisel edge and make sure you get the correct side. PUSH like hell exposing the grove and slip it in and is should catch and then fenagle it in the rest of the way.