• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Stanley Black & Decker Announces Opening of New CRAFTSMAN Plant in Fort Worth, Texas

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
In response to all the "Trump's tarifs aren't going to bring any real jobs back to the USA" comments.

New 425,000-square-foot facility is expected to be completed in late 2020, with ground breaking in fall 2019

- The plant will manufacture a range of CRAFTSMAN mechanics tools and incorporate the latest manufacturing technologies to optimize productivity and sustainability

- The company will employ approximately 500 full-time employees to support the facility

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...sman-plant-in-fort-worth-texas-300850306.html

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Hey glock,

they paid billions for craftsman from the loser at sears,

then that same snake oil salesman still was using the craftsman tradesname as though he still owned it

BD sued his ass and that is in progress,

craftsman hasn't had it this good in years and years. They had switched over all manufacturing to chin land and had x'd out the warranties

BD at least understands what that brand used to be, what its roots were

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
When I was buying Craftsman tools the last couple years, I would check the tool and/or packaging to see where manufactured. Avoided the China
stuff. I avoided buying sets, as I could not verify if all the tools were USA manufactured. Just bought a piece here and there that I could verify as US manufactured.

Also, have been buying older Craftsman tools at rummage sales, etc. They are still good quality and usable.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I have a 30-yr old Craftsman 6-gal. wet/dry vacuum that still works great. I just bought another last month because I have multiple properties and relegated the older unit to construction clean up.

Does anybody in here think a chink vac will last 30 years?

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Will B&D make Craftsmen like B&D tools? Quality or no?
In the past, I don't think Sears did any manufacturing of their own.
Craftsman tools were all made by US companies. (New Britain, Moore Drop Forging,Stanley,Easco Hand Tools, Danaher Corporation, and most recently Apex Tool Group)
Putting up a dedicated factory on US soil feels like a great step toward fixing the brand that Sears built then broke.
So time will tell.
Lowes is kicking out their Kobalt line & becoming the new, "my socket broke give me a new one place"
But currently your replacement is made in China.
I hope it works out over time.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Lowes is kicking out their Kobalt line & becoming the new, "my socket broke give me a new one place"
Kobalt is pretty good quality.

Why are they dumping it? Replacing it with Craftsmen?