• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Starbucks is a total scam -- proof, no joke

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the joke in on anybody naive enough to go to Starbucks.

Just saw a video that I dunno how to put here.

They have Starbucks cups (3) in a line. Small Medium Large (by any other fancy-schmancy name).

They fill the small one. Then take the filled small one and put it in the medium cup. It completely fills the medium cup right to the brim. They pour it back in the little cup.

Put the same coffee in a Large. Can you guess? Yup -- all three cups were -- in turn -- filled to the brim by what was in the small one.

At the finish, they take the Large cup (filled to brim) and pour ALL of it into the Small cup. No loss.

You pay $2.95 (*gasp* *idiot*) or $5.95 depending on the shape of your foam cup.

TINS. Suckers.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Certain baseball stadiums were playing the same game...

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

They have Starbucks cups (3) in a line. Small Medium Large (by any other fancy-schmancy name).

They fill the small one. Then take the filled small one and put it in the medium cup. It completely fills the medium cup right to the brim. They pour it back in the little cup.

Put the same coffee in a Large. Can you guess? Yup -- all three cups were -- in turn -- filled to the brim by what was in the small one.

At the finish, they take the Large cup (filled to brim) and pour ALL of it into the Small cup. No loss.

You pay $2.95 (*gasp* *idiot*) or $5.95 depending on the shape of your foam cup.

TINS. Suckers.

1. I am over 99% sure that this video is faked. I'm no big fan of starbucks - but I've been a few times just because, and I'm certain that the cups were different sizes.

2. Even if the video were true - why does this mean that starbucks is ripping you off? It is just as true to say that you are getting the large size in the small cup. What a deal...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. Good is bad, up is down, wrong is right...

"Even if the video were true..." <-- The difference between "no problem" and honest reality would go away if Starbucks owned up to the deception.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Put the same coffee
don't know about their regular coffee....

What the difference is with an Americano (which I've grown fond of) is how many shots of espresso are in the same volume.

short = 1
small = 2
medium = 3
large = 4

the price for the large is @ $4.10

The wife loves the stuff. Me? I don't mind the taste if it's made correctly. Make it wrong and it tastes bitter to the bitter end.

Best way to make an Americano is to put the water (hot) in the cup and drop the shots into the water. If you let the shots sit for more than 10 seconds (because they get busy with other orders) they die (go bitter). You won't realize it if you dump cream and sugar in, but IMO that ruins it. I've grown to like Americanos, black.

Went to breakfast yesterday at 'First Watch' and coffee was $3.66 per person. It was stronger flavor than SBUX. Drank 2 cups (16oz) and could feel the caffeine buzz (not so much with SBUX).

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
the joke in on anybody naive enough to go to Starbucks.
Proud to say that I've never been inside one. Have recognized them for the rip off artists they are, since day one.
....and I'd say the same even if they sold things I actually wanted.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Jeebus. The only time in the last quarter-century that I got coffee away from home was at car dealerships and the like, or when I busted something and was hospitalized.

I mention the above because my away time (hunting club) coffee was filling my own container at a 7-11... and that cost about 60c.

So I have sticker coffee shock. :don't know:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Coffee is a scam

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I believe they do this with pizza at some companies.

I’ll buy their iced coffee at the truck stops, I will never ever in my life wait in a long line to get their coffee at one of their stores. Actually I’ll never go to their stores period.

Fatboy

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used to stop into Starbucks frequently. Being an "old guy", every time I got my hair cut, I would go in there to take a leak (never, ever bought their coffee).

Funny story... the employees decided they wanted to unionize the four Starbucks stores in town. The company says, they are closing one of the stores two months and two days later!

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Starbucks is the CNN of the coffee shops!

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
A large is more then a medium.
Not sure if the added in ingredients are more?
But you get more ice to blend up.

jrog100

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Reaction score

TINS. Suckers.
Thanks but I think we all know that only MORONS shop at starbucks ;)

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

TINS. Suckers.
Starbucks defies physics, news at 11

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Coffee is a scam
Starbucks is like Craft beer. You could buy Miller High Life, or Schlitz, or Budwiser or you could buy a frosty mug of chug from a microbrewery.

Same with coffee. You could buy Yuban, Folgers, Hills Brothers, which taste like shit, or you can buy SBUX.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Same with coffee. You could buy Yuban, Folgers, Hills Brothers, which taste like shit, or you can buy SBUX. ...

..., which tastes like burned shit. :thumbs down:

^^^joke

Last edited:

RebelYell

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
..., which tastes like burned shit.
Are you talking about this?

Or maybe this? Not burned exactly - but still this can't be good https://blackwitchcoven.com/feces-spell-shit-on-them-spell-and-flush-out-of-your-life/

Or perhaps just this? https://askinglot.com/why-does-my-bowel-movement-smell-burnt in which case you should see a doctor.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Are you talking about this?

Or maybe this? Not burned exactly - but still this can't be good https://blackwitchcoven.com/feces-spell-shit-on-them-spell-and-flush-out-of-your-life/

Or perhaps just this? https://askinglot.com/why-does-my-bowel-movement-smell-burnt in which case you should see a doctor.
I just don’t like SB coffee and I believe it tastes “burned.” My opinion of it, is all. I was joking with GH, about his comment. Perhaps I should have put an emoji to add clarity to my post.

RebelYell

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just don’t like SB coffee and I believe it tastes “burned.” My opinion of it, is all. I was joking with GH, about his comment. Perhaps I should have put an emoji to add clarity to my post.
Sorry - I was just playing. I understood your joke - I just duckduckgoed "Eating burnt shit" or something like that and thought the search results were a bit weird and vaguely amusing so I shared them.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Sorry - I was just playing. I understood your joke - I just duckduckgoed "Eating burnt shit" or something like that and thought the search results were a bit weird and vaguely amusing so I shared them.

SB coffee is burned tasting and shitty coffee, in my opinion. I honestly don’t know how they got so popular. McDonalds used to be good, but theirs is a bit weak tasting, lately. Maybe I just like my own home brewed coffee too much.

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I owned Starbucks stock for 21 years. Numerous stock splits and s 4000% return. It had it's place for a while. I don't think I ever had their coffee.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you see on YouTube, Unca. Tell you what…gobuy one of each size yourself, measure and report back.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you see on YouTube, Unca. Tell you what…gobuy one of each size yourself, measure and report back.

Vlad posted a good video, above.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I went to look for the video but found this,

OUT-fargin-STANDING!! :godfather

What a perfect expose' of a really simple -- but damn' clever -- bit of prestidigitation!! Here I yam, susposed to be the old guy who's seen it all...

...with yam all over me.

What a neat (but dirty) trick.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I owned Starbucks stock for 21 years. Numerous stock splits and s 4000% return. It had it's place for a while. I don't think I ever had their coffee.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
When my daughter was in college my other daughter and I used to meet her at a halfway point for coffee once a week. We meet at Starbucks. We would get coffee and sometimes they would get a cookie or brownie. At the end of the year I totaled up my Starbucks charges on my credit card. It was 800 dollars and that was 12 years ago. I have not been to Starbucks since then. Instead we started meeting at a small bakery and supported their small business. The coffee and pastries were much better there. As others have mentioned Starbucks sells burned coffee.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Proud to say that I've never been inside one. Have recognized them for the rip off artists they are, since day one.
....and I'd say the same even if they sold things I actually wanted.
Traveling, as I was, on the ray-rode...we'd stay at strange hotels at the far end of our run. Strange hotels we knew well.

Sometimes, basic things like food or even coffee, came up short.

I can, or could, afford expensive coffee if necessary. Having it was ESSENTIAL, if you had a nighttime call and you were going to be running until sunup.

But I have NEVER, EVER had a cup of Star-cucks coffee that wasn't so NASTY I didn't want to finish it.

Now, I should preface this: I prefer it black. The other stuff is just corruption, to my taste buds.

AND I should mention...that when I arrived here, the company gave a nice Welcome Aboard packet (most railroads don't do that) and I got a $20 gift certificate from the whale-piss company.

Already I was wary of their to-go coffee, but I knew they sold coffee beans by the bag. I bought a bag...twice what the grocery store charges, but EXCELLENT coffee. A good first choice - and later, found them to be the best they had. Because they were always short of that variety, and were always trying to sell me their "flavored" crap.

So, the coffee can be okay. What's wrong with it, from bean to barista?

I watched how the kids drink it in there. HUGE helpings of sugar. Half full of milk. Son, would you like a little coffee in your sweetmilk?

So they don't TASTE the coffee, and probably don't like coffee anyway. So they don't notice that the pot is scorched, probably old. Neither do the baristas, who are as young and vapid.

It's garbage because no one demands better. Because they don't know good coffee. They take excellent bean blends, and just destroy the beverage.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

So, the coffee can be okay. What's wrong with it, from bean to barista?
I have no idea but the coffee tastes burned. I like French roast and like you when I brewed at home it was ok but not in the store. I don't miss them at all. I have been storing coffee. I tried lots of brands. Right now I'm using the great value French roast and its honestly as good as more expensive brands. That's what I have been stocking up on.

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Sheetz, 7-11, and WaWa all have better coffee than Starsucks. The only worse than Starsucks coffee is their woke politics. I'll let the selfish, badly educated, virtue signaling little soyboys that voted for the pedophile waste their money there.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My favorites are Colombian, when I can find it, anymore and the various Cuban powder grinds, like Bustelo, Pilon and La Llave. They’re all nicely aromatic and have a decent flavor, plus I can buy them vacuum sealed, so they store well. I used to be able to buy Folger’s Colombian in the vacuum brick, but that stuff has disappeared from the market, for some reason.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My favorites are Colombian, when I can find it, anymore and the various Cuban powder grinds, like Bustelo, Pilon and La Llave. They’re all nicely aromatic and have a decent flavor, plus I can buy them vacuum sealed, so they store well. I used to be able to buy Folger’s Colombian in the vacuum brick, but that stuff has disappeared from the market, for some reason.
Have you tried great value Colombian? I have tried the french roast, regular and donut shop and they are all good. The store tends to be sold out. I order mine online.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Sheetz, 7-11, and WaWa all have better coffee than Starsucks. The only worse than Starsucks coffee is their woke politics. I'll let the selfish, badly educated, virtue signaling little soyboys that voted for the pedophile waste their money there.
You got it. You'll find the best coffee in well-run convenience stores. That is, excepting Flying J, which now uses one of those auto-brew machines in most of their truckstops. Comes out nasty.

But, the quick-stop markets. Here's how to know if you'll get good coffee.

LOOK AT THE CLERK. If it's an older woman - middle-aged or so - she's probably drinking it herself. Which means, together with chronological advancement, that she knows what makes for good coffee. And you'll find a good pot there.

If it's kids, or minority males (who tend to favor sweet drinks) they probably don't drink it; don't know when it's good, how to keep it good, or when to toss it. The morning coffee pot, on their shift, lasts all day - because it's scorched and nobody takes a second cup.

In the Navy, we all had to do messman duties ("Mess cranking") and when so assigned (it was a rotating assignment for junior enlisted from other divisions) I took it on myself to look after the coffee urn on the mess deck (out with the tables; permanently bolted to the counter; and usually neglected.) Coffee, once brewed, should NOT be kept on high heat - that's what gives it the scorched flavor.

Ideally it should be in a thermal carafe. Otherwise, turn the temperature DOWN, to about 120 degrees, on the urn, after it's brewed. If someone wants his coffee hotter, he can nuke a cup for a minute; but there's no un-scorching a pot.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Have you tried great value Colombian? I have tried the french roast, regular and donut shop and they are all good. The store tends to be sold out. I order mine online.
I, for one, haven't tried that; but I'm wary from other bad experiences from Wally World's brand.

I've looked at their coffee. The bags DO NOT SAY if it's 100-percent Arabica. And that, to me, is a must-have.

Arabica is the good bean. Robusto is coffee-weed. Filler. The mega-brands used it for years to cut coffee costs - and then were surprised when boutique brands like Starbucks took off when they did.

Now, there are plenty of brands, not all expensive, that are (allegedly) 100 percent Arabica.. I favor Eight O'Clock brand. It once was the A&P house brand, but the brand was sold to an Indian tea company, Tata.

Most other brands say what the contents are, even if it's a blend with Robusto in it. But GV does not. What are they hiding?

.41Dave

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
My wife and I are fans of Turkish coffee. We usually drink Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi brand.

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Great Value brand has something they put in a brick that I’ve tried. I can’t recall whether it was Colombian or French Roast or something other. I wasn’t very impressed, so I never bought it again. It wasn’t bad, though, just not good.

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
When my daughter was in college my other daughter and I used to meet her at a halfway point for coffee once a week. We meet at Starbucks. We would get coffee and sometimes they would get a cookie or brownie. At the end of the year I totaled up my Starbucks charges on my credit card. It was 800 dollars and that was 12 years ago. I have not been to Starbucks since then. Instead we started meeting at a small bakery and supported their small business. The coffee and pastries were much better there. As others have mentioned Starbucks sells burned coffee.
As a stockholder, they once sent me a $2.50 gift card so I could reload as needed. There wasn't anything in the store for $2.50. I bought a cookie and made up the difference. I had $4500 worth of stock and never bought a coffee. Sometimes my clients "tipped" me with Starbucks gift cards. I gave them to my Godson in CA.