• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Starting an offshore company -- advice?

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'm getting ready to start a small business with a Canadian partner. After looking at the options for entity formation in the USA and Canada and considering the tax implications for both of us, I'm leaning toward organizing an offshore entity. In particular, an IBC (International Business Company) in Belize.

1. This will give us a tax haven -- no local taxes, and profits are not taxed until we take them into our individual countries.
2. This will give us privacy -- ownership is confidential
3. This requires minimal corporate reporting
4. This gives us a firewall against domestic legal judgments

Our company will manufacture (in Asia) and wholesale products globally to major retailers. We may have warehousing facilities in Canada... or elsewhere. Our initial market foray will be Canada and the USA with a second step toward developing countries such as India, African countries, and South American countries.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out which OSP (Offshore Service Provider) to use for the organization of our IBC in Belize. Anyone here formed an offshore company?

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So I'm leaning toward International Corporate Services (http://www.offshorebelize.com/).

I'm guessing that the last couple hours of silence in this thread is an indication that there is nobody here with experience in this regard.