• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

State Department Designates Boycott Israel Movement As 'Anti-Semitic'

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
All hail the master state. Isn't anti-semitism a hate crime? Not buying Israeli made products is now a crime?

State Department Designates Boycott Israel Movement As 'Anti-Semitic'

Authored by Dave DeCamp via AntiWar.com,

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced on Thursday during his visit to Israel that the State Department will designate the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement as "anti-Semitic." BDS is an international campaign that calls on people to pressure Israel over its human rights violations through various boycotts.

"Today I want to make one announcement with respect to a decision by the State Department that we will regard the global anti-Israel BDS campaign as anti-Semitic," Pompeo said while meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem this week. "Look, we want to stand with all other nations that recognize the BDS movement for the cancer that it is, and we’re committed to combating it."

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, via AFP.

It’s not clear what the label from the State Department would mean, but Pompeo said the US will "identify organizations" that engage in BDS and "withdraw US government support for such groups." The comments suggest organizations that boycott Israel could lose government funding.
Thirty-two US states currently have anti-BDS laws on the books that deny state funds to those who advocate boycotting Israel. The laws require state contractors to sign oaths pledging not to boycott the Jewish state. Such unconstitutional laws were passed due to lavish lobbying campaigns from pro-Israel groups. Israeli officials have also promoted the laws.
"Whoever boycotts us will be boycotted," Netanyahu said in a tweet in February. "In recent years, we have promoted laws in most US states, which determine that strong action is to be taken against whoever tries to boycott Israel."

Pompeo also visited a settlement in the West Bank on Thursday, making him the first US secretary of state to visit the occupied territory. Pompeo announced that any products made in West Bank settlements can now be labeled "Made in Israel."

andial

Stable
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That Netanyahu character threw Trump under the bus last week and Pompeo is still doing favors for him? How many incriminating perverted pictures of that fat bastard Pompeo do they have?

Mujahideen

Bin Laden double.
Midas Member
Site Supporter
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. My Administration is committed to combating the rise of anti-Semitism and anti-Semitic incidents in the United States and around the world. Anti-Semitic incidents have increased since 2013, and students, in particular, continue to face anti Semitic harassment in schools and on university and college campuses.

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), 42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq., prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. While Title VI does not cover discrimination based on religion, individuals who face discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin do not lose protection under Title VI for also being a member of a group that shares common religious practices. Discrimination against Jews may give rise to a Title VI violation when the discrimination is based on an individual’s race, color, or national origin.

It shall be the policy of the executive branch to enforce Title VI against prohibited forms of discrimination rooted in anti-Semitism as vigorously as against all other forms of discrimination prohibited by Title VI.

Sec. 2. Ensuring Robust Enforcement of Title VI. (a) In enforcing Title VI, and identifying evidence of discrimination based on race, color, or national origin, all executive departments and agencies (agencies) charged with enforcing Title VI shall consider the following:

(i) the non-legally binding working definition of anti Semitism adopted on May 26, 2016, by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA), which states, “Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities”; and

(ii) the “Contemporary Examples of Anti-Semitism” identified by the IHRA, to the extent that any examples might be useful as evidence of discriminatory intent.

(b) In considering the materials described in subsections (a)(i) and (a)(ii) of this section, agencies shall not diminish or infringe upon any right protected under Federal law or under the First Amendment. As with all other Title VI complaints, the inquiry into whether a particular act constitutes discrimination prohibited by Title VI will require a detailed analysis of the allegations.

Sec. 3. Additional Authorities Prohibiting Anti-Semitic Discrimination. Within 120 days of the date of this order, the head of each agency charged with enforcing Title VI shall submit a report to the President, through the Assistant to the President for Domestic Policy, identifying additional nondiscrimination authorities within its enforcement authority with respect to which the IHRA definition of anti-Semitism could be considered.

Sec. 4. Rule of Construction. Nothing in this order shall be construed to alter the evidentiary requirements pursuant to which an agency makes a determination that conduct, including harassment, amounts to actionable discrimination, or to diminish or infringe upon the rights protected under any other provision of law.

Sec. 5. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
December 11, 2019.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-combating-anti-semitism/

#MAGA

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Bite me, I still say what goes in my shopping cart. Unenforceable on all levels too as the SCOTUS will drop kick this out of court.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Bite me, I still say what goes in my shopping cart. Unenforceable on all levels too as the SCOTUS will drop kick this out of court.
In Texas (as well as many other states), public school teachers have to sign a pledge that they will not boycott Israel - if you refuse, no contract, no exceptions - even if you are Palestinian.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
In Texas (as well as many other states), public school teachers have to sign a pledge that they will not boycott Israel - if you refuse, no contract, no exceptions - even if you are Palestinian.
Same in many other states, why do you think I call them the Masters, still, I control what I buy. Supreme Court ruled boycotts were legal years ago. https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/987/boycotts

chieftain

Gold Chaser
Something is brewing, first Esper went over to the false nation (and got handed his ass upon his return), now Pompeo is flying out there...

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What organizations or activities has the State Department designated as anti-Gentile? Who controls the State Department?

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What organizations or activities has the State Department designated as anti-Gentile? Who controls the State Department?
It's Mike Pompeo.
800.jpeg

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I'm not a big fan of Israel. That has nothing to do with the Jews and everything to do with their behavior over the years toward the US. (ex. The USS Liberty/spying on the US/selling US secrets to foreign nations....you know, that kind of stuff)

Does that make me an anti Semite?

Thought....what's the over/under on how many days before this thread will be moved to the Cigar Room?

Mujahideen

Bin Laden double.
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'm not a big fan of Israel. That has nothing to do with the Jews and everything to do with their behavior over the years toward the US. (ex. The USS Liberty/spying on the US/selling US secrets to foreign nations....you know, that kind of stuff)

Does that make me an anti Semite?

Thought....what's the over/under on how many days before this thread will be moved to the Cigar Room?
How do you feel about your savior trump selling out the American universities that dare criticize Israel? Is this part of #MAGA?