• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Statin treatment has been exaggerated

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good Article

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The patent is off of the statins so be prepared to hear all the nasty stuff come out the next few years.
It was a great money making scheme, they have moved on to bigger and better things.
Like inventing drugs to repair the damage they did with the years of statins.

Just my opinion, but the facts are out there now - you gotta be crazy to take them.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Has anyone had luck getting family members off statins and other dangerous drugs?

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No. My siablings all have heart problems, but contInue to take statins. I have voiced my opinion on statins. I believe they are deadly poison.
No compute.

Fatrat

Silver Miner

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I was placed on on ATORVASTATIN , a LIPITOR knock off when I had this last Kidney Stone issue which uncovered several other issues I have and now have to deal with. I've been on it for 22 days now. In this last week I feel like I am in a brain fog and since this feeling my diastolic numbers has been higher than my average.
After reading up on Statins I've decided to stop taking that "medicine".

Does any of my brothers and sisters here have an idea how long it will take to leach this "med" out of my system ?

Thanks in Advance.

OBTW - If and when I feel brain clarity I post it here.

Gb
On Aug 29, 2017 I was prescribed 80 mg Atorvastati daily which was later reduced to 40 mg after complaints of major side effects, the side effects remained and I was prescribed 40 mg Prevastatin which was later reduced to 20 mg, then prescribed 5 mg Rosuvastatin .... I finally gave up & terminated taking any statins due to the side effects about 8 weeks ago. The major side effects was brain fog, severe upper body aches & pains in the upper arms, arm rotator cups, shoulders, neck & hips.

After 8 weeks post termination the brain fog & muscle aches are subsiding, at first it was quick, reduced by about 40% the first 3 weeks or so. Then the reduction slowed quite a bit.... Every day of not taking the statin, the clearer my brain & thoughts become, the lesser the muscular aches & pains & fatigue. I have read many reports on post-termination of statin use, some patients recover within 90 days or less, some it takes a year or two, others report to never seem to recover after statin use. Recovery depends on the persons chemistry & also how long statins were used by the patient... Its my understanding that statins will destroy muscle cells, and that once those cells are destroyed they wont regrow, mend or heal.

I'm done with statins, for my body & chemistry they are toxic poison & muscle destroyers... not just one brand but all brands. After researching this class of drug, it appears the FDA, etc. et al almost refuse to independently test these drugs for toxicity, side effects & normal patient complaints.... evidently like most Doc's, they are ignoring the complaints. Most of the nurses will acknowlege that most patients have major negative side effects from statins, most MD's, GP's & Cardios either ignore patient complaints or deny statins cause the various side effects.... Theres something wrong with this picture all around...

Good luck with your recovery(s)!

/BB

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
On Aug 29, 2017 I was prescribed 80 mg Atorvastati daily which was later reduced to 40 mg after complaints of major side effects, the side effects remained and I was prescribed 40 mg Prevastatin which was later reduced to 20 mg, then prescribed 5 mg Rosuvastatin .... I finally gave up & terminated taking any statins due to the side effects about 8 weeks ago. The major side effects was brain fog, severe upper body aches & pains in the upper arms, arm rotator cups, shoulders, neck & hips.

After 8 weeks post termination the brain fog & muscle aches are subsiding, at first it was quick, reduced by about 40% the first 3 weeks or so. Then the reduction slowed quite a bit.... Every day of not taking the statin, the clearer my brain & thoughts become, the lesser the muscular aches & pains & fatigue. I have read many reports on post-termination of statin use, some patients recover within 90 days or less, some it takes a year or two, others report to never seem to recover after statin use. Recovery depends on the persons chemistry & also how long statins were used by the patient... Its my understanding that statins will destroy muscle cells, and that once those cells are destroyed they wont regrow, mend or heal.

I'm done with statins, for my body & chemistry they are toxic poison & muscle destroyers... not just one brand but all brands. After researching this class of drug, it appears the FDA, etc. et al almost refuse to independently test these drugs for toxicity, side effects & normal patient complaints.... evidently like most Doc's, they are ignoring the complaints. Most of the nurses will acknowlege that most patients have major negative side effects from statins, most MD's, GP's & Cardios either ignore patient complaints or deny statins cause the various side effects.... Theres something wrong with this picture all around...

Good luck with your recovery(s)!

/BB
Same with me. The bastard gets me every 3 months to try to guilt me into taking statins. He may as well save his breath.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Same with me. The bastard gets me every 3 months to try to guilt me into taking statins. He may as well save his breath.
Ninety days after my CABG X5 I was walking 2 - 5 miles per day, was on a lchf diet and worked out regularly with resistance bands lite weights... I was driving the golf ball pre-op about 230 - 250 yards & 7i @ 150 plus roll out (about 160 yrds), post-op @ 3 months driver was about 210 yrds... not bad for post-op! At 6 months post-op driver was about 180 yrds & 7i was 120 yrds... I knew something was really wrong as I could hardly move my shoulders & hips after an exercise workout or round of golf... My GP & Cardio kept telling me the shoulder, arm & neck pain etc. was minor injury from being on the OR table for almost 9 hours... I first accepted that theory until the aches & pains continued to become much greater as time went on.

Then end for statins came when I was taking down a 2# overhead wire shelf. I reached over my head to remove the shelf and was struck with pain that took me to my knees... after that, I terminated taking the statins ever since, and that was about 8 weeks ago. Today no using statins my drives are almost back to pre-op distances, averaging around 220 yrds & 7i is 150 total yrds... and now I am capable of raising my arms overhead without severe muscle aches & pains.... I'm not back to 100% yet, but I'm getting closer everyday without using the statins... Actually I'm rather pissed off that I was prescribed & sold this poison without ever being notified or warned of the very high risk & high probabilities of catastrophic major side effects... I feel like my health has been placed at great risk by the medical & pharma industries....

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Statins are the devil medicine that the corporations push on the population secondary to corps financial health, not your actual health. The propaganda campaign on these meds are so strong, and the vested interest at the behest of the prescribers, and corps is so lucrative as to make any evil perpetuated by these compounds invisible to the perps...

You know the devil loves that.

Some parts of modern medicine is every bit as evil as the so called corporate law being forced upon us these days...

Last edited:

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I had food sensitivity issues including food yeast back in the 80s; a doctor gave me Nystatin with some natural remedies, not sure if that is just another statin. With the sister and others you have bad side effects and neurological degeneration. Someone should put a gun in the belly of one of these drug pushing "doctors" when they try to push another one--"if you do that again you're a goner for sure; I'll be sending the boys over later anyway to work you over".

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Nystatin is an anti fungal drug used for eradication of fungus and yeast infections, not a cardiac blood pressure drug. So one wouldn't include Nystatin in this particular group of deadly drugs and clueless physicians...

mayhem

Past-Present-Future
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Has anyone had luck getting family members off statins and other dangerous drugs?
I got my wife to take red yeast rice instead. But my sister and her siblings all think I'm nuts.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I got my wife to take red yeast rice instead. But my sister and her siblings all think I'm nuts.
I have read a lot of folks, but not all have experienced good to excellent results using red yeast rice! Everyones chemestry is different, its always good to try different foods & concoctions to find exactly what works best for you the individual... That the problem with pharma, one size or product doesnt fit all chemistries!

mayhem

Past-Present-Future
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I have read a lot of folks, but not all have experienced good to excellent results using red yeast rice! Everyones chemestry is different, its always good to try different foods & concoctions to find exactly what works best for you the individual... That the problem with pharma, one size or product doesnt fit all chemistries!
Good points Bob. The wife's HDL was over 300, and the LDL was also very high. The RYR will give some folks the same leg/muscle issues. She has settled on taking it every other day ,.. Her numbers went down to 220. I doubt that she could ever reach the goals the Dr.s want, heck she only weighs 110lb now. I'm more concerned with muscle loss. Don't know if it is a direct side effect or not. But at 71 she still works out every day and doesn't sit around watching the price s right.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
You NEED cholesterol! You should be taking voodoo drugs to lower it!

This entire fad of people taking "statins" is INSANE. How getting some mercury injections while you're at it!?

Btw - LDL is not cholesterol. It's a carrier of cholesterol (and other things).

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Good points Bob. The wife's HDL was over 300, and the LDL was also very high. The RYR will give some folks the same leg/muscle issues. She has settled on taking it every other day ,.. Her numbers went down to 220. I doubt that she could ever reach the goals the Dr.s want, heck she only weighs 110lb now. I'm more concerned with muscle loss. Don't know if it is a direct side effect or not. But at 71 she still works out every day and doesn't sit around watching the price s right.
For me the real sign post was that I was working out, walking everyday & playing golf twice a week... AND getting weaker & weaker when I was supposed to be getting stronger. If she begins to become weaker you may want to consider changing treatment.

The AHA referenced normal cholesterol number on the high side is 200, so your wifes numbers are not terrible considering some people have overall cholesterol numbers in the 300 - 500 range... My cardio wants my triglyceride to cholesterol ratio to be 3:1, its currently 4:1 with an overall cholesterol count @ 160....

I still think CVD is the result of nutritional & vitamin deficiencies in the diet & body, cholesterol & tri's are just the measures of the deficiencies. Altho studies indicate that diet only accounts for 20% or less in reducing cholesterol... but then you must consider the sponsor & source of these studies, namely big pharma, IOW dont diet, take our pills....

How important is cholesterol ratio and non-HDL cholesterol?

Answers from Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, M.D.

For predicting your risk of heart disease, many doctors now believe that determining your non-HDL cholesterol level may be more useful than calculating your cholesterol ratio. And either option appears to be a better risk predictor than your total cholesterol level or even your low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol level.

Non-HDL cholesterol, as its name implies, simply subtracts your high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or "good") cholesterol number from your total cholesterol number. So it contains all the "bad" types of cholesterol.

An optimal level of non-HDL cholesterol is less than 130 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL), or 3.37 millimoles per liter (mmol/L). Higher numbers mean a higher risk of heart disease.

To calculate your cholesterol ratio, divide your total cholesterol number by your HDL cholesterol number. So if your total cholesterol is 200 mg/dL (5.2 mmol/L) and your HDL is 50 mg/dL (1.3 mmol/L), your ratio would be 4-to-1. Higher ratios mean a higher risk of heart disease.

With

Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, M.D.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...expert-answers/cholesterol-ratio/faq-20058006

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Well, It is Sunday morning and I notice the BRAIN FOG is gone so is the "blah" feelings I had.
I kept up my own protocol of Alpha Lipoic Acid, Resveratrol, Co Q10, PQQ, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Turmeric Curcumin, and 50+ Multi-vitamin, and a full aspirin twice a week.

I'll see where it goes from here.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I use vitamin c, a quality multi-vitamin, l-lysine to aid in artery skin repairs, pomegranite juice to lower arterial inflammation & make a daily natural statin concoction using 2 tbsp vinegar w mother, 2 tbsp lemon juice mixed with 5 - 8 ozs water. So far so good...
The ACV /w Mother and the lemon juice has lowered your cholesterol ?

It's my understanding that l-lysine raises LDL ...

My cardiologist has worked to a great degree to provide non-statin cholesterol lowering meds. his latest Rx is Repatha injectable.
Still reading all the documents about it. Reviews (if you can believe them ) are unanimously horrid. Side effects out the roof.Anyone have knowledge of Repatha ?

I'm 70 this month. My cholesterol levels are within normal limits HDL 46 (> 40 WNL) LDL 134 (borderline high according to them. should be < 130). They tell me they're shooting to get my LDL < 70

looking into pomegranate juice from Bragg ....
https://www.bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-apple-cider-vinegar-drink-pommegranate-goji.html

This is how they packaged the Repatha .... these guya are unbelievable

repatha.jpg

Last edited:

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Well, It is Sunday morning and I notice the BRAIN FOG is gone so is the "blah" feelings I had.
I kept up my own protocol of Alpha Lipoic Acid, Resveratrol, Co Q10, PQQ, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Turmeric Curcumin, and 50+ Multi-vitamin, and a full aspirin twice a week.

I'll see where it goes from here.
Don't take their poison and you should be fine

EO 11110

Posting from Epstein Island
Mother Lode
read that niacin is the best treatment (if one buys into the chol hype)

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
The ACV /w Mother and the lemon juice has lowered your cholesterol ?

It's my understanding that l-lysine raises LDL ...

My cardiologist has worked to a great degree to provide non-statin cholesterol lowering meds. his latest Rx is Repatha injectable.
Still reading all the documents about it. Reviews (if you can believe them ) are unanimously horrid. Side effects out the roof.Anyone have knowledge of Repatha ?

I'm 70 this month. My cholesterol levels are within normal limits HDL 46 (> 40 WNL) LDL 134 (borderline high according to them. should be < 130). They tell me they're shooting to get my LDL < 70

looking into pomegranate juice from Bragg ....
https://www.bragg.com/products/bragg-organic-apple-cider-vinegar-drink-pommegranate-goji.html

This is how they packaged the Repatha .... these guya are unbelievable

View attachment 109981
"Amino acids like lysine are the building blocks of protein. Lysine is important for proper growth, and it plays an essential role in the production of carnitine, a nutrient responsible for converting fatty acids into energy and helping lower cholesterol. ... If you do not have enough lysine, you may experience: Fatigue"

http://pennstatehershey.adam.com/content.aspx?productId=107&pid=33&gid=000312

I also fast on Tuesdays after dinner until darkness sets on Wednesdays. Drinking only water and using Metamucil for fiber. If you fast 18 - 24 hrs once or twice a week this should keep your triglycerides with the proper 3:1 ratio.

Also see:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/547213-l-lysine-blood-pressure/

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
read that niacin is the best treatment (if one buys into the chol hype)
I took that for 3 or 4 years. Did nothing for my cholesterol, but turned my face red and my entire upper body feverish for a while. Very uncomfortable. Wasted my money on the shit.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter