• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Stating the obvious....but Yahoo sucks

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
My wife still uses Yahoo mail. I was never a yahoo

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Yahoo was infested with chinabots anyway

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yahoo news were the recipients and willing publishers of the Steele Dossier leak from "someone at FBI/DOJ;" all of which precipitated the Russian collusion, Flynn bravo sierra.

Fake news is the enemy of liberty.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
when did it become 'expected' that a reader had the right to post a comment about anything?

asking for a friend...

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Aurumag,

I have pretty much given up using the term liberty unless I slip up at times,

Pretty much using only 'Freedom' nowadays,

have come to understand that 'liberty' is someone giving you permission,

while 'Freedom' is you giving yourself permission, while having the honor and integrity to know when when we are infringing on another and backing off.

JMO for sure, but if'n a guy does some lookin' around, he may in fact come to the same conclusion,
or may not give a whit either way

many people see them as interchangeable, while I have given that up

Last edited:

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

I have pretty much given up using the term justice unless I slip up at times,

have come to understand that 'justice' is someone solely blaming you, while ignoring their own comrades actions altogether

'Freedom' is you taking personal responsibility as a task, a goal to be achieved each and every day, while having the honor and integrity to know when he is infringing on another and backing off.

JMO for sure, but if'n a guy does some lookin' around, he may in fact come to the same conclusion,

lol, sometimes when something is good to the core, with a small tweak here or there, it can be used for a multitude of ideas...

Thanks Scorp for the inspiration

:2 thumbs up:

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I see your definitive distinctions between the two and I agree.

I enjoy my freedom, and I like to use the word liberty.

Remember The Liberty Dollar?

I have an ingrained bias.

Aurumag,

I have pretty much given up using the term liberty unless I slip up at times,

have come to understand that 'liberty' is someone giving you permission,

while 'Freedom' is you giving yourself permission, while having the honor and integrity to know when he is infringing on another and backing off.

many people see them as interchangeable, while I have given that up

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Thanks Scorp for the inspiration
Hey up Buck,

hours and years of discussions with BB led me there,

we would go on about liberty, and sailors being 'granted liberty', or 'weekend liberty', law of merchants, common law, etc etc etc

he put me on the path to where I am now,

nothing original or novel about it

Aurumag

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
we would go on about liberty, and sailors being 'granted liberty', or 'weekend liberty', law of merchants, common law, etc etc etc
For what it's worth, the reason a sailor is "granted" liberty is because normally a sailor's liberty is infringed upon. Ie: he is not normally "free" to decide his own actions. On "liberty" he is.

Liberty and freedom are in fact the same thing. To have liberty is to have freedom and to have freedom is to have liberty.

Liberty:
  1. the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.
    "compulsory retirement would interfere with individual liberty"

the power or scope to act as one pleases.
    "individuals should enjoy the liberty to pursue their own interests and preferences"

Freedom:

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
all fine and dandy Jk

but alas, this goes further than book definitions defined by someone else

bypassed that stage long ago

real simple example,
a definition of supreme court duties would be far different than what they actually are

as 'ole billy klinton stated, depends on what 'is' is

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
more silencing ---- adl/splc are busy little beavers. heard that tiktok has fallen too -- censorship orgy just kicked off

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I use Yahoo as a measure of what the sheeple are being fed. The comments were often more enlightening that the articles, and gave me hope. Surprised they let it go on as long as they did.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The news site MassLive disabled comments a few months ago. The bulk of the commenters were conservative.
Which is why any of 'em are removing comment sections. if it were nothing but a bunch of leftists commenting, they'd have no problem with it.

I use Yahoo as a measure of what the sheeple are being fed. The comments were often more enlightening that the articles, and gave me hope. Surprised they let it go on as long as they did.
Yes, the comments were what made Yahoo articles worth reading. Any article that was the least bit controversial was often inundated by anti-Liberal replies that made the Liberal readers (and Yahoo) cringe. Yahoo was made to look foolish since both their narratives and agenda
Which is why any of 'em are removing comment sections. if it were nothing but a bunch of leftists commenting, they'd have no problem with it.
BINGO !!!

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
No point in reading yahoo "news" any more. It was the reactions to the BS articles that was entertaining. Now all that's left is BS articles written by illiterate liberals.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
For what it's worth, the reason a sailor is "granted" liberty is because normally a sailor's liberty is infringed upon. Ie: he is not normally "free" to decide his own actions. On "liberty" he is.

Liberty and freedom are in fact the same thing. To have liberty is to have freedom and to have freedom is to have liberty.

Liberty:
  1. the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.
    "compulsory retirement would interfere with individual liberty"

the power or scope to act as one pleases.
    "individuals should enjoy the liberty to pursue their own interests and preferences"
Freedom:

the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
There's a reason the forefathers used the term Liberty and justice for all.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
No point in reading yahoo "news" any more. It was the reactions to the BS articles that was entertaining. Now all that's left is BS articles written by illiterate liberals.
yet another killshot on any claim that media is run for profit

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
LAST CHANCE TO TRY TO SAVE FREE SPEECH IN YAHOO COMMENTS!!!

Go to news.yahoo.com, click on an article, and fill out the "Survey" that appears instead of the "Comments" at the bottom.

Tell them that you want to hear ALL OPINIONS, not just the EDITORIAL LINE.

Tell them that you will go ELSEWHERE for NEWS if the Comments are disabled or censored.

You can do this several times by cleaning your cache or using different computers or ISPs.

The "comments" section is where I get most of "the other side of the story" there...

BEAT AWAY THE KARENS - LAST CHANCE!!!

Yahoo Comments Survey.jpg

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Is Yahoo news still a thing? My son laughed when he saw I had a Hotmail account.
One of my emails is still Yahoo (since the 90's) - and I always go on to Yahoo News -The "set-up" is 100x worse than it was in the 90's... force-fed the Karen crap (more "editorial" than "balanced facts" like all the MSM)... Used to be able to select the news sources... But the "comments" section has remained pretty much "un-supervised" all this time, with commenters giving "the other side" - or insulting - or quarreling... Pick & choose what you want to read and/or reply to, ignore what you don't like... Quite free (unless you say something "anti-semitic", which they're probably going to turn into "racist", "hate", & crap like that if the Karen's have their way...

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Is Yahoo news still a thing? My son laughed when he saw I had a Hotmail account.
My Hotmail has the dot MSN suffix. It is my main email.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Go to news.yahoo.com, click on an article, and fill out the "Survey" that appears instead of the "Comments" at the bottom.

Tell them that you will go ELSEWHERE for NEWS if the Comments are disabled or censored.

You can do this several times by cleaning your cache or using different computers or ISPs.

The "comments" section is where I get most of "the other side of the story" there...

View attachment 173734
Keep filling out the survey please ..... Not many "mainstream" places where you can still "voice your opinion" and read comments "contrary to the article's message"... Possibly the ONLY one that was still remaining...

Keep filling out the survey please ..... Not many "mainstream" places where you can still "voice your opinion" and read comments "contrary to the article's message"... Possibly the ONLY one that was still remaining...
I`ve filled out the survey about a dozen times now .......... and left some fairly demeaning comments at the bottom ........ :rotf::rotf::dancing guy:dancing guy

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Trump with 38 states. 5 dollars.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

View attachment 173734
Survey still running... perhaps it's just for show, but the more "keep comments" the better... Heads up!

Survey still running... perhaps it's just for show, but the more "keep comments" the better... Heads up!
I`ve cleaned my caches (I use 3 browsers) and filled out the alleged "survey" more times than I can count. I`d be willing to bet that no matter how many negative replies to this "survey" Yah0o gets, it`ll do no good.

Ever since the comments section was shut down by these Liberal leaning Pukes, the articles have been getting more and more left-oriented, to the point some of them are just plain sickening !!!

WHY ??? because Yaho0 , by dismantling the comments, has effectively eliminated ALL dissent to their agenda and narratives. They are fully aware that they can now print totally mindless Liberal excrement, and there`ll be no opposition whatsoever.They can get on with their agenda of total destruction of America unopposed !!!

This, to these treacherous SWINE, is THE most important thing ....... much more important than free speech. I`m afraid that the days of the "comments" at Yah0o are DONE. We can only hope that another entity will step in and take their place .............................

You`re absolutely RIGHT .......... it IS just for "show" !!!

Yaho0 would do well to remember the old saying ... "you can fool some of the people some of the time ......... "

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yaho0 would do well to remember the old saying ... "you can fool some of the people all of the time ......... "
...or you can be tarred and feathered"

(just thinking, it's more 'fun' to offer alternatives, to give them choices)
:hang:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I`ve cleaned my caches (I use 3 browsers) and filled out the alleged "survey" more times than I can count. I`d be willing to bet that no matter how many negative replies to this "survey" Yah0o gets, it`ll do no good.

Ever since the comments section was shut down by these Liberal leaning Pukes, the articles have been getting more and more left-oriented, to the point some of them are just plain sickening !!!

WHY ??? because Yaho0 , by dismantling the comments, has effectively eliminated ALL dissent to their agenda and narratives. They are fully aware that they can now print totally mindless Liberal excrement, and there`ll be no opposition whatsoever.They can get on with their agenda of total destruction of America unopposed !!!

This, to these treacherous SWINE, is THE most important thing ....... much more important than free speech. I`m afraid that the days of the "comments" at Yah0o are DONE. We can only hope that another entity will step in and take their place .............................

You`re absolutely RIGHT .......... it IS just for "show" !!!

Yaho0 would do well to remember the old saying ... "you can fool some of the people some of the time ......... "
Not just in America but internationally. Same with Yahoo news in other countries and languages.

When I remember Yahoo News in the 1990s you could get ALL opinions and sources. It was a breath of fresh air. Now it's one-sided canned disinformation, opinion and editorial.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Cameo,

My thoughts exactly on how extremely left leaning the "articles" have gotten since the end of comments to foster a safe community.