• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Stay the hell away from hospitals unless its a true emergency

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Avalon, who is this thing really affecting? Just elderly or is it everyone?

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We were also informed the hospital was running out of test kits and protective supplies are low. Its going to get ugly fast when that happens. In the meant time my bullshit meter is going off like crazy. WTF is really going on? We are shutting down an economy and possibly starting financial Armageddon. Something is very wrong with this whole picture.
The shut down will kill more in the long run than the disease IMO. It will shatter lives across the country.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I stay the hell away from hospitals as much as possible. They are very good at at war medicine, but the rest doesn't pay, so the administrators steer them elsewhere. That's real life in hospitals today. Of course they're getting overloaded with hypocondriatics big time.

Hypocondriasis is IMHO is one of the great driving forces of commercialized medicine these days.
And worse today considering the rampant fear, which drives it.

Twilight Zone stuff...

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Saw a frail Armenian grandma shopping alone today, all I wanted to do was protect her.
I stayed away because I don't speak Armenian and I COULD BE THE VECTOR.
I could not imagine how I would feel seeing her in the COVID ward.

Unfortunately, the wave is just starting. Prayers are with you, Avalon, and all medical staff.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Unfortunately, the wave is just starting.

Wrong, the propaganda wave is continuing more and more lies to kickstart fear, if it isn't there already. Know this. Any proof on the net is just that. digits on a screen. Lies are a lot more effective that way. They induce fear, or devilment, the "wave is just starting"... You will die horribly, you human creature susceptible the propagandies of tv programming.

There is only one answer to that kind of devilment, one finger upright expressly comes to mind.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Know this. Any proof on the net is just that. digits on a screen. Lies are a lot more effective that way.
So you're saying that Av' is lying about what she says is her personal experience? If so, what is your evidence to support that position?
...and absent any evidence, why should anyone take your opinion on this subject, which after all is also just digits on a screen?

First hand personal information posted by a long time and respected member should carry more weight than someone merely stating a personal opinion with no evidence at all to back it up.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
So you're saying that Av' is lying about what she says is her personal experience? If so, what is your evidence to support that position?
...and absent any evidence, why should anyone take your opinion on this subject, which after all is also just digits on a screen?

First hand personal information posted by a long time and respected member should carry more weight than someone merely stating a personal opinion with no evidence at all to back it up.
Joe. from the last die hard "everybody is lying but me" sect.

hospitals are full of sick people and I couldn't have timed it better to get the hell out!

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So you're saying that Av' is lying about what she says is her personal experience?
We are all a figtree of his imagination! Got anymore acid... man?

Oh jeeeeezzzzzzz.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Guys, keep 'er down,

this is about Av and her efforts to help others,

Thanks so much Av, and know you have our respect and best wishes,

reminds me of a mash episode where the choppers come in and it is ballz to the wall until the next time, only here, the choppers keep comin' and comin' and comin'

to others in the field, our best wishes go to you also

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Guys, keep 'er down,

this is about Av and her efforts to help others,

Thanks so much Av, and know you have our respect and best wishes,

reminds me of a mash episode where the choppers come in and it is ballz to the wall until the next time, only here, the choppers keep comin' and comin' and comin'

to others in the field, our best wishes go to you also
I hear ya, Scorp... but sometimes the "eyes wide shut" types can cause not only frustration for those who are right in the middle of it (personally!!), but these types can also cause anger (however we mute it) because intentional or not, it is fucking insulting.

Avalon and my noble son are on the front lines in this shit, and REMF's (unnamed) have the combination of arrogance and stupidity to deny there even is a front line.

I went through this kind of shit from eyes-wide-shut assholes a half-century ago in another type of war. It left me thin-skinned for when it emerges again.

Please forgive my rant... and just take a second to see how Avalon and Himself are forced to tongue-bite because of the downright insulting arrogance and the refusal to see by some.

My first-born is at enormous risk. I have a reasonable and genuine fear he will become a casualty and stay saving lives until his is taken. <-- His odds suck if you just think about it!

I FEAR it, Scorp... with a sick-at-heart nausea -- so a glib denial of the actual, known, REAL hazard facing the people who would rush to the aid of that very glib denier pisses us off to the fucking bone.

REMFs and comity do not mix.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
just remember Unca,

that is exactly why you were there,
to allow that freedom of opinion,
that freedom of speech,

so pissed or not, that was the supposed real purpose of doing what you did,

'ole Founding Fathers always said it best for me,
Freedom can be ugly at times

short, simple, to the point

let's get back to lending a hand to avalon, and the others in the theater

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I hear ya, Scorp... but sometimes the "eyes wide shut" types can cause not only frustration for those who are right in the middle of it (personally!!), but these types can also cause anger (however we mute it) because intentional or not, it is fucking insulting.

Avalon and my noble son are on the front lines in this shit, and REMF's (unnamed) have the combination of arrogance and stupidity to deny there even is a front line.

I went through this kind of shit from eyes-wide-shut assholes a half-century ago in another type of war. It left me thin-skinned for when it emerges again.

Please forgive my rant... and just take a second to see how Avalon and Himself are forced to tongue-bite because of the downright insulting arrogance and the refusal to see by some.

My first-born is at enormous risk. I have a reasonable and genuine fear he will become a casualty and stay saving lives until his is taken. <-- His odds suck if you just think about it!

I FEAR it, Scorp... with a sick-at-heart nausea -- so a glib denial of the actual, known, REAL hazard facing the people who would rush to the aid of that very glib denier pisses us off to the fucking bone.

REMFs and comity do not mix.
Unca,
Just as you believed in putting your well being on the line for a cause, so does your #1 son. Goes with the territory.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Unca, I don't think disrespect was meant to Avalon, your son, or any other healthcare worker on the front lines.

They have to deal with the 1-3% of the people who are having a really hard time with this current popular viral disease and all the others that don't get a mention because they aren't popular right now. Gauging by the population of our good country, that's A LOT. Even enough to cause equipment shortages for critical care. Why, because most countries around the world are experiencing similar conditions. One of the reasons Trumps wants vital equipment and supplies manufactured in our own country, so we aren't beholden to anyone else.

Even as you son had dedicated himself to this cause along with Avalon and others, we must remember to think beyond the panic induced by media (not saying you aren't). But we have to keep clear heads about ourselves especially when our loved ones are on the lines. This is the only way we get through this mess and come out better for it. God bless those who have undertaken the care for others not just during this time, but in general when there is no media making such a big deal out of it.

Last time I looked, the related beer virus deaths were hovering just under 1.5%, here in the states. Still, A LOT of people , especially for small ER's. Avalon, your son and others still have to deal just plain ole flu, which is deadly to the same class of people who are dying from the beer virus.

Perhaps we all should demonstrate a little Grace towards each other. :holding hands:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Message received, guys... but the engineer in me has to make something a tad clearer for all to see here:

CURRENT NUMBERS Cut&Paste:

US Coronavirus Tracker - 46,450 Cases, 593 Deaths, 178 Recovered (3/24/2020)

Many people make the same erroneous statement over and over and over: "1%-3% Death Rate"

This requires George Orwell's "Doublethink" concept: Two opposing things at once are fine.

46,450 Cases with 593 Deaths = 1.3% So far, so good.

NOW COMES THE DOUBLETHINK:

46,450 Cases with 178 Recoverd = 0.04% <--- WHAAAA??????? Goose-Gander. Read the number.

Now for REALITY, not bad engineering:

Total who have gone through the cycle in the USA: 593 + 178 = 771

593 is 77% DEAD OUT OF THE 771 WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE COURSE.

ABC123

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
One of the things I read recently that would take heat off the conspiracy theory angle is that this virus has a greater adaptive nature. It can mutate and in fact already has so it presents a much greater danger than the flu strains
Ok, sounds reasonable......so why isn't that information front and center?
You'd think the biggest news story since 911, and affecting a great many more people, would tend to mention such things.
Because then they would have to admit its a mad made weapon sneaked out of the US/Canada and released intentionally. That information poses far greater problems and quite possibly WW3.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
That information poses far greater problems and quite possibly WW3.
which may be the exact reason they chose this route,

as behind door #1, there were all manner of gremlins

tramp has been pretty adept at keeping us out of major conflicts, no matter what the war mongers or the rogue state want

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Because then they would have to admit its a mad made weapon sneaked out of the US/Canada and released intentionally. That information poses far greater problems and quite possibly WW3.
This.

The hospitals are full of hypocondriatics, created by propagandized media, and poor nutrition, and weaponized, but still the common cold virus.

Sure I get that medical providers are stressed, all of this society here is being stressed, but I'm failing to see people falling out in the streets the way the media, and these folks here are painting this.

Amazing how upset the usual globalist trolls on this forum got with my last post.

Note how they painted me, and cursed me with NO PROOF, but they have proof of course for all their diatribes on how bad it's getting. Note they also paint me with

"So you're saying that Av' is lying"

This is typical for globalist internet trolls that try their hardest to control the message, what you hear, and these trolls are very good with words, one even claims to be an author.

Why are they trying so hard to discredit my message.

Note that these folks are actively pumping up the fear factor more right here, and attacks anyone who discredits their lies.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
This.

The hospitals are full of hypocondriatics, created by propagandized media, and poor nutrition, and weaponized, but still the common cold virus.

Sure I get that medical providers are stressed, all of this society here is being stressed, but I'm failing to see people falling out in the streets the way the media, and these folks here are painting this.

Amazing how upset the usual globalist trolls on this forum got with my last post.

Note how they painted me, and cursed me with NO PROOF, but they have proof of course for all their diatribes on how bad it's getting. Note they also paint me with

"So you're saying that Av' is lying"

This is typical for globalist internet trolls that try their hardest to control the message, what you hear, and these trolls are very good with words, one even claims to be an author.

Why are they trying so hard to discredit my message.

Note that these folks are actively pumping up the fear factor more right here, and attacks anyone who discredits their lies.
Finally some frank, honest and open dialog!

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
arminius

not the thread to be shooting arrows in,
by all means, go start a thread and have at it,

but there is zero reason to put the beat down on med providers here,
while heaving bombs at other members in the process

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
But the bombs heaved at me are just fine, right...

OK, fine. I'll back off. But show me where I've "put the beat down on med providers here"? Because you can't. One troll gets his panties in a bunch and screams lies.

The rest I'll admit to.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I don't want to waste time arguing with you or others,
just leave it alone and move along,
the rest is interpretation of what you wrote and what you think you wrote

While I am of the opinion that the extreme reaction and 24/7 panic inducing coverage given to this virus is intended as cover for a semi-managed collapse of the world economy, I also think it's more likely that this is a real thing being taken advantage of in the "Never let a crisis go to waste" manner. For what it's worth, I work for a hospital system on the west coast. We are in the process of adding ventilator capacity as we are using almost all we have and may otherwise run out. The good news is additional ventilators are available for us to add. Nobody puts anyone on a ventilator unless they need it, so I don't believe it's a hoax. That said, we certainly aren't being told the truth about what it is or what's actually going on.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Message received, guys... but the engineer in me has to make something a tad clearer for all to see here:

CURRENT NUMBERS Cut&Paste:

US Coronavirus Tracker - 46,450 Cases, 593 Deaths, 178 Recovered (3/24/2020)

Many people make the same erroneous statement over and over and over: "1%-3% Death Rate"

This requires George Orwell's "Doublethink" concept: Two opposing things at once are fine.

46,450 Cases with 593 Deaths = 1.3% So far, so good.

NOW COMES THE DOUBLETHINK:

46,450 Cases with 178 Recoverd = 0.04% <--- WHAAAA??????? Goose-Gander. Read the number.

Now for REALITY, not bad engineering:

Total who have gone through the cycle in the USA: 593 + 178 = 771

593 is 77% DEAD OUT OF THE 771 WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE COURSE.
Yeah but none of the data is complete. How many thousands more had little to no symptoms and so were never tested? I bet that denominator is MUCH MUCH larger than anybody will ever know.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I bet that denominator is MUCH MUCH larger than anybody will ever know.
That may be, or not. All we can do is use the number of cases we do know about.
....and the way I look at it is that if what they say is correct, in that 4 out of 5 people have mild symptoms and never need to seek treatment, then we should assume that the ones we do know about represent the 1 in 5 who did need treatment. ( that's why we know about them, they sought treatment)
If so, then multiply the # of known cases by 5 and use that in the case fatality rate calculations. Still won't give a perfect number, but I think it'll yield a number closer to the truth.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Speaking of inept bureaucrats...
at DWs hospital, 2 weeks ago people started calling the ER and coming in with the only purpose to be tested for this bug. Supposedly, some of the staff was telling people to not bother coming in or try elsewhere because they simply didn't have any way to test for it and it would be pointless to come to the ER if they were asymptomatic and testing was their only reason for coming in. Well, evidently that is illegal -- to turn people away. And somebody got snitty and reported it to the state.

So last Monday they got descended upon by a group of tax ticks, and a large number of the IT and nursing staff got pulled away from their urgent work of updating the computers and training materials to handle this thing as well as dealing with actual patients in order to do an audit/investigation of all records of patients that had come in or called. They wasted 3 days on that shit.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
at DWs hospital, 2 weeks ago people started calling the ER and coming in with the only purpose to be tested for this bug. Supposedly, some of the staff was telling people to not bother coming in or try elsewhere because they simply didn't have any way to test for it and it would be pointless to come to the ER if they were asymptomatic and testing was their only reason for coming in. Well, evidently that is illegal -- to turn people away. And somebody got snitty and reported it to the state.

So last Monday they got descended upon by a group of tax ticks, and a large number of the IT and nursing staff got pulled away from their urgent work of updating the computers and training materials to handle this thing as well as dealing with actual patients in order to do an audit/investigation of all records of patients that had come in or called. They wasted 3 days on that shit.
Freakin' government morons.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Bureaucrats gonna try and justify their paycheck. They're as useless as politicians!

Twisted

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Watching the local Raleigh/Durham news station while ago and they said we got a shipment of ppe from the feds today, hope Avalons crowd gets their hands on some of it.:2 thumbs up:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My goodness... it is surprising to hear of the number of sons and daughters of the folks here are in the medical fraternity out there "in the grass" as we useta say.

FF, Avalon, Hammerhead, Himself... anyone else I missed?

May they all come through this safely as they add stars to their crowns in Heaven. :nurse::finished::nurse: