• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Store shelves keep getting lower and lower

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
They play "inventory" games in southern cal. Every few weeks they re-arrange the floor. No shortages, just low floor stocked items.
I see the same juggling at all of the stores. Mind games.
at stores near me, i can get the items i want but:
dry cat food: the selection is 'thin', many 'sale items' are gone, maybe they never arrived
produce: generally always has a good selection of the typical items, some seasonal items are still arriving with regularity
meat: a few weeks back: bacon packs were on sale for ... $5 a pack iirc...we got a lot, the butcher counters / meat selection is good
generally: Double Face, that's a term where, if the shelves are low on a product, you would slide the price tag over and then Double Face the product that lives right next door to give the illusion the shelves are full
Less Stock behind the Double Face items: today, the items available for the customers to grab are not spilling over behind the slower moving products...when a shelf is 'overstocked', this helps the stockers empty boxes and allows the faster selling items (sometimes they're slower selling items) but it allows the items people want, to be available, even if they have to reach for it, they will

no one around me is going to 'starve' anytime soon. . .but the signs are there, we're not in yesterdays world any more

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
store shelves are still well stocked around here
They are here too. I have been on the youtube again picking the subject apart. From what I am hearing the cracks will start late summer and by October the fun will start. Who knows???? Its better to be prepared. I have been organizing shelves and rotating preps today. I'm about done. I'm still short on ammo and that will be the last thing I buy for a while. I think we are in the eye of the hurricane. The pandemic is passing and we have a little time before the next level of hell is unleashed. I suggest we all enjoy that time.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
at stores near me, i can get the items i want but:
dry cat food: the selection is 'thin', many 'sale items' are gone, maybe they never arrived
produce: generally always has a good selection of the typical items, some seasonal items are still arriving with regularity
meat: a few weeks back: bacon packs were on sale for ... $5 a pack iirc...we got a lot, the butcher counters / meat selection is good
generally: Double Face, that's a term where, if the shelves are low on a product, you would slide the price tag over and then Double Face the product that lives right next door to give the illusion the shelves are full
Less Stock behind the Double Face items: today, the items available for the customers to grab are not spilling over behind the slower moving products...when a shelf is 'overstocked', this helps the stockers empty boxes and allows the faster selling items (sometimes they're slower selling items) but it allows the items people want, to be available, even if they have to reach for it, they will

no one around me is going to 'starve' anytime soon. . .but the signs are there, we're not in yesterdays world any more
I delt with the cat food buy ordering online. I had to check daily and wait for things to come in stock. I have 8 months worth of Friskies pate. Yes, my cat is a priority :)

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I delt with the cat food buy ordering online. I had to check daily and wait for things to come in stock. I have 8 months worth of Friskies pate. Yes, my cat is a priority :)

At least you said “cat” not “cats.”

Otherwise…just saying.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
And you always have spare tuna fish paste or meat mix if the cat dies. ;)

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score

I’ve got a dedicated freezer full of the 2lb bags of Costco shrimp and a dedicated pantry for the fancy feast, tuna fish and dry. Priorities are in order

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I read about this, about everyone buying pet food online, and I just think of Pets.com.

Remember them? One of the failed web startups. Gonna get rich by selling pet food, cat litter, the like, online.

They got some vulture-capital seed money, and burned right through it.

petshome.jpg

Why did they fail? The cost of shipping bulky, heavy items - foods and cat litter - made it an un-economical prospect. And anyway, a trip out to get pet food was, at worst, a very-minor annoyance. Often it was a trip to the pet store, often with the dog along.

Here we are, 22 years later...and now that same concept would fly high.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I read about this, about everyone buying pet food online, and I just think of Pets.com.

Remember them? One of the failed web startups. Gonna get rich by selling pet food, cat litter, the like, online.

They got some vulture-capital seed money, and burned right through it.

petshome.jpg

Why did they fail? The cost of shipping bulky, heavy items - foods and cat litter - made it an un-economical prospect. And anyway, a trip out to get pet food was, at worst, a very-minor annoyance. Often it was a trip to the pet store, often with the dog along.

You can’t find it the store most days

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

It is flying high. See chewy.com.
Tractor Supply has always had a good supply of pet food...they are not suffering shortages.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
SHTF, I'm eating the dog food. I was self trained watching madmax.
i believe you're ready for the next season of 'survivor'...worth a million dollars

:2 thumbs up:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Yeah even chewy is out of stock on a lot of stuff

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
They play "inventory" games in southern cal. Every few weeks they re-arrange the floor. No shortages, just low floor stocked items.
I see the same juggling at all of the stores. Mind games.
Yes. It's always a few "out of stock" items that rotate around to make people think it's not a food shortage, just a one or two item supply chain issue.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It is flying high. See chewy.com.
Tractor Supply has always had a good supply of pet food...they are not suffering shortages.
Ace Hardware, locally, has pet supplies, too. Along with a bin of large and small dog biscuits - "for our four-legged customers." Custom is to give your dog a bite, once in. The area, populated with Californians, is dog-crazy.

I wonder if it's because Tractor Supply, and Ace, and Murdoch's and other places like that, are second-tier choices; or is it that the Woketards' solicitations to Woke businesses, didn't hit all of them? This all seems to me like more engineered pfuk-pfuk. NOTHING these shifferbrains do or say, is real.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah even chewy is out of stock on a lot of stuff
Its way better now for cat food. I'm taking advantage while its available.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Another false flag shooting at a supermarket. It appears the cabal is making food shopping a risky experience and that will cause the sheep to hunker down under their beds rather than be caught 'dead' at the market.

It's all related folks! All part of the fear psych-op! The sheep are putty in their hands

1652880482403.png

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Speaking of pets and grocery stores? Does anyone else find it disgusting having animals roaming around a food store? Especially produce with all the fur and dander getting on the food?

Was at the grocery store a few weeks ago and some woketard dog mom/dad let Fido crap in the middle of the store and the kibbles were smeared/spread out over a 15 foot radius.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Speaking of pets and grocery stores? Does anyone else find it disgusting having animals roaming around a food store? Especially produce with all the fur and dander getting on the food?

Was at the grocery store a few weeks ago and some woketard dog mom/dad let Fido crap in the middle of the store and the kibbles were smeared/spread out over a 15 foot radius.
Yes. And, coming here, it was a new thing. A California thing, imported.

I'm well familiar with California, having done my Navy time and my early railroad years working there...but both times, grocery stores were mostly not used. The Navy feeds their people, or pretends to. As a railroad contractor's employee...I got per diem and lodging, at the dive-dump motel of our choice. Meals were Dennys or Perkins, or sometimes we'd grab canned goods while getting other supplies.

And that was many years ago. Since then, childless California yuppies have gone dog-crazy. And since THEN, it's moved out here.

And yes, occasionally, there's some ijit bringing in an untrained dog with one of those Amazon-bought "SERVICE ANIMAL" vests. Piddling somewhere. Thank Gaia it doesn't happen often - if I saw it more I'd start ordering groceries online - but it does happen, and I've reduced my Walmart exposure proportionately. They're now my vendor for coffee and frozen-food products, nothing else.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Whoever invented the term 'fur baby' needs to be stabbed to death with a screwdriver.

Last edited:

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Another false flag shooting at a supermarket. It appears the cabal is making food shopping a risky experience and that will cause the sheep to hunker down under their beds rather than be caught 'dead' at the market.

It's all related folks! All part of the fear psych-op! The sheep are putty in their hands

View attachment 259816

Clinton Parkway :belly laugh:

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
You got some fur babies.....is that what yer saying?

:belly laugh:

I have numerous pets myself, but no fur babies.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

It's against the law in some states to have animals in stores grocery stores and department stores but many of them don't enforce the role so if you happen to be in a store and get bit by one of the dogs that you happen to pet you have a lot of ownership in that store

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You got some fur babies.....is that what yer saying?

:belly laugh:

I have numerous pets myself, but no fur babies.
Me in 20 years.. so watch your step.

download.jpg

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Ill trade you 150 corydoras catfish for that cat.

Wellsburg

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
We are still having intermittent shortages at our local grocery stores.
Pasta/spaghetti shelves are thin. Certain brands completely out of stock for months.
Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. Out of stock for 2 or 3 weeks, then back on the shelf.
Marie Callender pot pies. Same as above.
Pillsbury biscuits. Same as above.
Onions. Hit and miss. None one day, then back in stock few days later.
Grapes. Same as above.
Califlower, same as above.
Club crackers. Were out of stock for several weeks.
Planters honey roasted peanuts. Same as above.
Some frozen vegetables have been out of stock for a month or more. Can't find Lima Beans. (Don't want canned.)

Gerber baby formula. (for the Granddaughter). I traveled a 50 mile radius around here and bought what I could find. Spent about $500.
Got one can here, two there, etc. Most stores have none.

Big price increases for all meats. Guessing 50% increase over one year ago.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Ill trade you 150 corydoras catfish for that cat.
My cat is a killer.. He ate two of my ornamental goldfish in the fish pond. It was a tense time in our relationship. Ill keep the cat you keep the fish.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
All this talk about cats makes me remember to buy some canned tuna fish when I go shopping.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You would think National law enforcement would begin to suspect a plot was afoot....
the perpetrators control National law enforcement!!!

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The "law enforcement" response

1653006976349.png

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I went to Big Lots yesterday. OMG the prices on food there were absurd. Way worse than the grocery store. They have gone from being a bargain store to trying to go mainstream. There was not a single item in the store I could not find cheaper somewhere else. This is another company who has forgot its purpose. My guess is the new Big Lots will not survive the retail slaughter coming up.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i believe you're ready for the next season of 'survivor'...worth a million dollars

:2 thumbs up:
or ALONE which is starting their new season next week. On the HISTORY CHANNEL in the US.