• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Subaru environmental stupidity

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I'm not a militant environmentalist. On the other hand, I think that we should strive to avoid negative impacts whenever reasonable. I got a junk mail from Subaru today. I've long been dismayed by the volume of junk mail that goes straight to the recycling or garbage, with it's production and delivery impacts. Today's Subaru mailer contained a "V.I.N. Gauge" as part of a sweepstakes promotion. It's a small plastic box with a pull tab. Pull the tab to light up your "winning 6 digit V.I.N. number". The plastic box contains 2 small batteries and an LED. So in their wisdom, they send out a large quantity of plastic boxes and batteries that aren't recyclable and will go straight to the landfill.

Subaru's advertising claims they are "America's first zero-landfill auto maker with all waste recycled or reused". This mailer proves they are lying. To top off the irony, my "V.I.N. gauge" was defective and didn't display a number. You just laid a big egg, Subaru.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
From Subaru, or from the dealers, my local dealers are always mailing me stuff.