• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Sugar can fuel cancerous cells - study says

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter ++
http://www.ajc.com/news/world/sugar-can-fuel-cancerous-cells-study-says/sfgu0ZAIpwztqFgqzPrtyI/

Different types of foods have been linked to cancer, including saturated fats and processed meats. Now scientist say sugar can fuel the disease, too.

Researchers from universities in Belgium recently conducted a nine-year experiment, published in Nature Communications, that revealed how sugar stimulates the growth of tumors.

They explained that healthy cells receive energy through aerobic respiration, a process that transforms digested food into energy molecules. To complete the process, oxygen is required so that carbon dioxide can be released.

On the other hand, cancerous cells get energy from fermenting sugar, which causes tumor growth. This is called the Warburg effect.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This has been known for many years and the medical establishment has kept quiet about it. I suppose it has become known widely enough that they realized the need to go public with it to salvage their credibility (and add to it by conducting a "study" to find what is already known).

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter ++
This has been known for many years and the medical establishment has kept quiet about it. I suppose it has become known widely enough that they realized the need to go public with it to salvage their credibility (and add to it by conducting a "study" to find what is already known).
Exactly - we've been talking about it on GIM for over 10 years. Not sure it's reduced the amount of ice-cream I've consumed by at least I no longer add sugar to my coffee.

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Exactly - we've been talking about it on GIM for over 10 years. Not sure it's reduced the amount of ice-cream I've consumed by at least I no longer add sugar to my coffee.
Recent research points a big fat finger at the three (whites): (white) processed sugar, (white) processed flour, (white) processed salt.

If its processed, its basically dangerous to your long term health & nourishment requirements! If I didnt know better, I might suspect a conspiracy between Ag & Medical monopolies to exploit the world!

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Even if this information doesn't change your habits, you know what to do if you ever get cancer, which is valuable because your doctor probably wouldn't tell you about it.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Some time ago, Linus Pauling was very sure that ascorbic acid was effective against most cancer. The establishment was naturally against a very cheap cure, and they fought back with new studies sabotaged to ensure failure. Pauling did not have a good explanation of why ascorbic acid was effective, just that it seemed to work.

Now there is evidence that ascorbic acid and glucose compete for the same receptors in cancer cells. That's interesting. If most types of cancer use glucose for fuel and ascorbic acid blocks those receptors, maybe there is something to ascorbic acid as a treatment. Note that healthy cells don't need glucose, they can use ketones for energy (as in a low carb or "ketogenic" diet). The only cells that require glucose are red blood cells, and if you think about it for a moment, it should be obvious why. (Cells that transport oxygen should not need to consume oxygen for energy.)

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I will not drink soda and with very few exceptions, eat candy.

But god damn, when the sugar cravings come, it’s hard to fight. I just keep thinking about cancer and I’ll have a small sip of fruit juice and eventually the cravings start to go away.

When I watch people drink soda, I feel like they are drinking poison.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I will not drink soda and with very few exceptions, eat candy.

But god damn, when the sugar cravings come, it’s hard to fight. I just keep thinking about cancer and I’ll have a small sip of fruit juice and eventually the cravings start to go away.
Eat a piece of fresh fruit - nutritious and the fiber counteracts the sugar. But, I know what you mean - we try not to have ice cream in the house, but ever so often we can't resist.

Last edited:

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Recent research points a big fat finger at the three (whites): (white) processed sugar, (white) processed flour, (white) processed salt.

If its processed, its basically dangerous to your long term health & nourishment requirements! If I didnt know better, I might suspect a conspiracy between Ag & Medical monopolies to exploit the world!

So... just say it; "Pre-packaged" foods.
If it is, contents have been processed, which equals DEATH.
Grow it, raise it, eat it; or starve.
Or purchase OG and hope it is, because real food costs BIG bucks.

Additionally: Corn syrup is cancers favorite sugar due to its simple molecular structure.
Easy to break, easy to consume.
Got corn ?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Sweet big lies: Industry buried evidence of sugar’s link to health issues for decades ‒ report
RT America

Published on Nov 22, 2017
The sugar industry buried evidence nearly 50 years ago that showed sucrose is linked to a number of harmful conditions including heart disease and cancer, a new report alleges. RT's Alex Mihailovich reports.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hit and Run

Sugar IS Delicious
Natural Cane Sugar IS Delicious
Maple Sugar IS Delicious

I don't have to watch what I eat so I can qualify this rant with that

Sugar IS Delicious

All the Rest are Chemicals

I'm so Lucky with regards to that

Run:piss

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Since cancer cells are fueled by sugar I wondered out loud here on this forum if a ketogenic diet might not be a good thing for cancer patients. Of course, I could never talk David into doing such a thing, so the entire experiment unwound on me. But the question remains in my mind.

P.S.: I'm turning my urine test strips purple and I've lost 12 pounds. Which is all good. But I'd like to know if it's possible to starve cancer cells.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Since cancer cells are fueled by sugar I wondered out loud here on this forum if a ketogenic diet might not be a good thing for cancer patients. Of course, I could never talk David into doing such a thing, so the entire experiment unwound on me. But the question remains in my mind.

P.S.: I'm turning my urine test strips purple and I've lost 12 pounds. Which is all good. But I'd like to know if it's possible to starve cancer cells.
I would say say yes, sugar is the primary food for cancer cells.