• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Sugar Rehab

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Sugar Addiction | How to Beat a Sugar Addiction that is Crippling You
Thomas DeLauer

Published on Apr 18, 2017
Join me in the Kitchen - http://www.ThomasDeLauer.com

Sugar Addiction | How to Beat a Sugar Addiction that is Crippling You

Sugar Overview

Humans have an evolutionary pull towards sweet foods

Consuming too much sugar is tied to many health problems, most notably:
● Type-2 diabetes
● Obesity
● Cardiovascular disease
● Chronic inflammation

Sugar is hidden in processed foods - breads, candy, frozen foods, baked goods, sodas and even canned goods.

We are recommended from the FDA is to keep our daily added sugar intake to less than 10% of our total calories, but the closer to zero the better.

The World Health Organization suggests a lower quantity of sugar each day, suggesting that the FDA guideline may be a bit too high.

The average American consumes around 13% to 16% of their total calories from added sugars. This is about 32 teaspoons of added sugar daily!

These kinds of foods are new to humans, so our bodies are not made to consume so much sugar.

These added sugars are extremely dangerous for our health - some of the many names of added sugars include:
● Dextrose
● Fructose
● Corn syrup
● High-fructose corn syrup
● Glucose
● Sucrose
● Maltose
● Lactose
● And many more!

Sugar is Addictive!

So why do we consume so much sugar even when we know that it isn’t good for us?

Consuming sweet foods triggers the reward centers in our brains

This reward circuitry is similar to that of drug abuse!
● Both induce the release of dopamine and opioids, which give us positive feelings

Additionally, sugar displays the 4 characteristics of an addictive substance:
1. Bingeing
2. Withdrawal
3. Cravings
4. Cross-sensitization
a. Example is when one is sensitized to amphetamines they will tend to show an escalated intake of cocaine (ie gateway drugs)

One study on rats found that sweet foods are actually more addictive than cocaine!
● Rats were given the choice between saccharin-infused water (a calorie-free sweetener) and intravenous cocaine
● 94% of the rats chose the sugar!
● The same preference was shown for sugar water
● This preference did not change even when the rats were highly addicted to cocaine

Imagine of the human brain has found neuroadaptations in the brains of obese individuals that mimic those of individuals cocaine and other drugs.

How to Overcome the Addiction

Just like any addiction, a sugar addiction can be overcome.

Here are some tips:

1. Avoid processed foods
a. Eat more whole foods, eat less to no processed foods.
b. Processed foods have tons of added sugar in them, often as high-fructose corn syrup, a highly processed sweetener that is horrible for your health.
2. Eat natural sweets, such as berries.
3. Eat a full breakfast, lunch and dinner, and keep healthy snacks around
a. Try not to allow yourself to get too hungry or you will likely give into temptation
4. Exercise and meditate
a. Moving your body and calming your mind will help you control cravings
5. Get 8 hours of sleep
a. When we are exhausted or stressed we are more likely to give into temptation
6. Drink 8 or more glasses of water per day
a. This will keep you full and cravings low

Do these things for 2 weeks and you will find your cravings disappear!

When you do decide to use added sweeteners, use natural sweeteners, such as local honey and 100% maple syrup.

Make your own desserts to be sure that you are not consuming processed sugars.

When you have a craving, have an apple, go for a run, or take a small meditation break.

References

1. Know your limits for added sugars
https://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/data-st...

2. Intense sweetness surpasses cocaine reward
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...

3. Where people around the world eat the most sugar and fat
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/w...

4. Evidence for sugar addiction: behavioral and neurochemical effects of intermittent, excessive sugar consumption

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Sugar 'is as addictive as cocaine': Warning cutting it out may lead to withdrawal symptoms similar to a drug addict going cold turkey
  • Cutting out sugar may lead to depression and even behavioural disorders
  • Experts are increasingly worried about consumption of sugar in Britain
  • Average sugar intake is nearly three times the recommended limit, according to Public Health England, and is driving up obesity, tooth decay and heart disease

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4821706/Sugar-just-addictive-cocaine.html#ixzz4qmmBjzXN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I've given up sugar/starch since Feb and down 60 pounds. Sugar is toxic.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
I've given up sugar/starch since Feb and down 60 pounds. Sugar is toxic.
Congrats on the weight loss.

Years ago I read an article on sugar called The White Death. It was worth reading. If I get a chance I'm going to see if I can find it on line. If I do I'll post it.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
We substitute honey for sugar in our drinks. We don't use sugar for anything else unless the wife unit bakes. Lots of honey in all types in Florida. I usually buy from a honey farm on SR-60 in central Florida or one of several road stands. Cannot get any fresher or more raw than that.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Honey is approx 85% sugar by weight. Does it have some benefits over sugar, probably, but it's still mostly sugar. Sugar is 50% glucose and 50% fructose. Glucose can be used by every cell in the body, but fructose is ONLY metabolized in the liver, and mostly gets turned into fat. That fat stays in the liver and too much causes fatty liver which gets you heading down the path to metabolic disease (hyperinsulinemia, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease).

Interestingly enough, our bodies metabolize alcohol and sugar in a very similar manor. There are kids showing up at doctors now with fatty liver disease and other symptoms that look just like chronic alcoholism.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Cancer Loves Sugar CBS 60 Minutes April 2012
Jonathan Jones

Published on Aug 12, 2012
Sobering report. If you have cancer, you should avoid sugar of any kind. If you don't want cancer, I suggest that you limit your sugar intake. Avoid "high fructose corn syrup", and processed sugars. If you want to lose weight, avoid things that quickly become sugar (white breads, potato, rice, alcohol, etc). Reducing these things has a major impact on your liver and pancreas. Eat lots of green things!

For a free report on how to reduce insulin resistance, or how to stop your immune system from producing antibodies that target the pancreas, request it at www.iporeal.com/free-reports. (www.NaturalRemedyDirect.com)

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Unh, how much sugar in beer? I'm kinda expecting all the sugar to be turned into alcohol.
I know that's not bad for you.

BF

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How to ditch sugar in 7 days: The step-by-step guide to weaning yourself of sweet treats after Christmas
  • Beating a sugar addiction can be difficult after a holiday like Christmas
  • Pies and chocolate and sweet cocktails are abundant for days if not weeks
  • Here, nutritionist Hannah Braye of Lepicol offers her one-week action plan to beat it

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5219415/How-ditch-sugar-7-days.html#ixzz52excIrnp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I stopped eating sugar a week ago and started the whole 30 diet 4 days ago and I feel like fucking shit.
No where near as bad as quitting alcohol but a lot of the detox feelings are similar.
Somebody not familiar with withdrawal would probably figure they had a mean flu/fever.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
I stopped eating sugar a week ago and started the whole 30 diet 4 days ago and I feel like fucking shit.
No where near as bad as quitting alcohol but a lot of the detox feelings are similar.
Somebody not familiar with withdrawal would probably figure they had a mean flu/fever.

Good luck.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Thanks brother!
I have quit way meaner things so I got this, I would love to say no problem but it is damned annoying. I feel just sick enough that I'm not hungry and haven't been for a couple days.
It's quite interesting seeing the body changes from quitting sugar though. Who would have thought just sugar is this toxic? Hell I've been a candy addict my entire life.
Onward!

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I took this in Krispy Kreme last night in Kissimmee. I got 2 original and 2 with no frosting hot right off the line.. They are kind of like a single layer croissant.

26165496_10212916963377615_2468017066782375233_n.jpg

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Hello, my name is stAggering and I am a sugar addict.
Bravo Irons and Birddog, I am going down the same road, and have many times.
One intake may assist in reducing bodies amplified statement of "You Beeotchh! Get me my sugar !!"
I hear such with clarity.

Goldenseal powder; add to hot water and tea it on the stove for at least 1/2 hour.
Do NOT boil.
Consume before bed or upon wakening, or any time really.
This tea is a blood purifier, and also decreases acidity of the blood(sugar is super acidic) and makes craving vanish.
The only extra weight I carry... is sugar weight.
Blood Type diet for 17+ years is absent carbs for my type O, which used to be my vice.
Note: The craving when you see the sugar item; is all in your head.
Do not purchase... unless it is the end of times, which may be today here in New England.
DON'T DO IT ! ha!!

Had my OG hot cacao drink this morning with no honey, agave, sugar, just boiling water !
I did eat some OG dates, which stretch the parameters of "no sugar".
But give it a month and I'll be back to fighter weight... or fondling OG 65% Dark Chocolate.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Hello, my name is stAggering and I am a sugar addict.
Bravo Irons and Birddog, I am going down the same road, and have many times.
One intake may assist in reducing bodies amplified statement of "You Beeotchh! Get me my sugar !!"
I hear such with clarity.

Goldenseal powder; add to hot water and tea it on the stove for at least 1/2 hour.
Do NOT boil.
Consume before bed or upon wakening, or any time really.
This tea is a blood purifier, and also decreases acidity of the blood(sugar is super acidic) and makes craving vanish.
The only extra weight I carry... is sugar weight.
Blood Type diet for 17+ years is absent carbs for my type O, which used to be my vice.
Note: The craving when you see the sugar item; is all in your head.
Do not purchase... unless it is the end of times, which may be today here in New England.
DON'T DO IT ! ha!!

Had my OG hot cacao drink this morning with no honey, agave, sugar, just boiling water !
I did eat some OG dates, which stretch the parameters of "no sugar".
But give it a month and I'll be back to fighter weight... or fondling OG 65% Dark Chocolate.
DETOX! And I have 20 pounds I cannot fecking lose no matter what I did, so drastic measures were in order.

rock.gif

Last edited:

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Try upping your electrolytes. Cutting sugar tends to make you flush water and it takes the salts with it.

Good job or starting a whole 30, I could never get through a month cause I like cheese too much. Lol....

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Try upping your electrolytes. Cutting sugar tends to make you flush water and it takes the salts with it.

Good job or starting a whole 30, I could never get through a month cause I like cheese too much. Lol....
It will be fairly easy for me I like my own cooking. I cut out most all HFCS a few years ago and I eat very little processed food.
I like cheese too but I can go without. Bread I will miss! .
whew.gif

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I took this in Krispy Kreme last night in Kissimmee. I got 2 original and 2 with no frosting hot right off the line.. They are kind of like a single layer croissant.

View attachment 96945
I have never has a KK donut there are none around here. They are probably some down in Grand Rapids but hell I try to avoid that place.

Wesco Gas Stations have the most impressive goddamn donuts in my neck of the woods but I admit I don't go looking around at different bakeries. Big, fluffy, soft and cheap. Like crack for white people so damn good.
I avoid Wesco's because of that but I do stop 2 or 3 times a year and get a bavarian cream filled chocolate frosted long john.
You have to stop early if you want one though because by noon all the best donuts are gone.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I have never has a KK donut there are none around here. They are probably some down in Grand Rapids but hell I try to avoid that place.

Wesco Gas Stations have the most impressive goddamn donuts in my neck of the woods but I admit I don't go looking around at different bakeries. Big, fluffy, soft and cheap. Like crack for white people so damn good.
I avoid Wesco's because of that but I do stop 2 or 3 times a year and get a bavarian cream filled chocolate frosted long john.
You have to stop early if you want one though because by noon all the best donuts are gone.

They are the best. When they come fresh and hot off the line you can down each in one bite as they melt in your mouth. Delicious!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
They are the best. When they come fresh and hot off the line you can down each in one bite as they melt in your mouth. Delicious!
Right here man, things are 10 inches long and weigh half a pound!

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Don't think about it, just cut out added sugar from your diet.

Robert Lustig was the beginning for me. His YouTube video started me searching. Since then, I've read multiple books on the subject. Basically, I've developed a dislike for processed foods. If it comes in a box, the big food companies have screwed with it.

Here are some very good books. If you don't like to read, check your library to see if they have the audio book versions. You can listen to them while you are doing something else.

Sugar5.jpg

And this is the YouTube video that started it for me:

Sugar: The Bitter Truth (1:29:36):

Published on Jul 30, 2009 by University of California Television (UCTV)

Watch "The Skinny on Obesity" with Dr. Lustig: http://www.uctv.tv/skinny-on-obesity
Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that fructose (too much) and fiber (not enough) appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic through their effects on insulin. Series: UCSF Mini Medical School for the Public [7/2009] [Health and Medicine] [Show ID: 16717]
-----

How Bad Science and Big Business Created the Obesity Epidemic (1:03:59):

Myth 1: saturated fats and cholesterol cause heart disease.
Myth 2: cholesterol clogs arteries and you'll live longer if you lower your cholesterol.

We've been misled:
1) by food companies who say we should eat a diet of low fat foods.
2) by drug companies who say we have to lower our cholesterol with medication.
3) by our government which has come up with guidelines for food and cholesterol that are not justified by the science.

If any of you are taking statins, this lecture will surprise you. Statins adversely affect the brain, especially Lipitor, it is the worst of all (causes memory loss).

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Whole 30 diet lifesaver right here peeps, 100% natural cherry concentrate and my sodastream machine! .
aarock.gif

No sugar, no chemicals and it tastes delicious. Things like this I will continue to do after the 30 days is done.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I'm here to stand for sugar and candy and all things sweet!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Hello. My name is dave and I'm..............I'm.................snifle.............................I'm a junk food junkie.............................................

how can you feed racing teams or large crowds without pizza? the damn environazi's won't let us fish. you gotta have something for the bread. besides, without tomato gravy it's just a glorified cheeseburger deluxe. Also I nominate Burger Kings double cheeseburger is the breakfast of champions. When I live to be 100 you'll know it's true

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sugar is the very worst thing we can do to ourselves. It seems like such a benign thing, because it's everywhere and is given to us as treats when we're young. We even have candy holidays. How insidious is that? It seems at first to not be dangerous, but does it's damage slowly, over the years. There's an enormous amount of evidence that it causes not only obesity and diabetes, but high blood pressure, heart disease, many kinds of cancer, digestive disorders, osteoporosis, mental disorders, including ADD, OCD, Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, autism, altzheimers and dementia and even that nasty little condition in your toenails that turns your nails all yellow and makes them brittle and curl up. As others have said here, the stuff truly is an all purpose poison and it's more addictive than many hard drugs. It's a bitch trying to kick the habit. I've done it before and when you're not paying attention, it latches right onto your back again, like a demented, evil monkey from a horror novel.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What Sugar Does to Your Brain & Body: The Truth About Sugar
Thomas DeLauer

Published on Jan 22, 2018
Please Subscribe for 3-4x Videos per Week + Live Broadcasts!
http://ThomasDeLauer.com
Get The Clothes That I Wear at 40% Off - Use Code TD40 at http://www.Hylete.com

What Sugar Does to Your Brain & Body: The Truth About Sugar - Thomas DeLauer

Sugar’s Effect on the Body

1. Inflammation, Joint Pain, and Aged Skin

High sugar foods have been shown to lead to inflammation in the body, which can increase the susceptibility of individuals to these diseases and can also worsen symptoms for those already suffering from them.

Scientific surveys have also found that increased sugar consumption, in particular sugar filled soda, may increase the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis and may worsen symptoms (RA). 1,2

The inflammation caused by sugar not only impacts our health, but also our skins look and feel.

When sugars attached to proteins in your bloodstream, advanced glycation end products, or AGEs, are formed. These harmful molecules age your skin through causing damage to the elastin and collagen. This leads to more wrinkles and sagging skin.3

2. Heart Health

When you consume simple sugars, the boost of insulin in the bloodstream can cause artery walls to grow faster than normal and lose their elasticity.

Over time, this can lead to heart attacks, stroke, and heart disease.

Additionally, research suggests that consuming less sugar may help to lower blood pressure, which is a major heart disease risk factor.

Studies have found that those who eat a lot of sugar (25% or more of their calories as added sugar) are twice as likely to die of heart disease when compared to those who consume 10% or less of their total calories from sugar.4

Sugar’s Effect on the Brain

1. Addiction

Sugar shares many similarities with drugs of abuse.

In rat studies sugar has been found to lead to signs of dopamine sensitization and opioid dependence, including cross-sensitization with alcohol and amphetamine, neurochemical and behavioral signs of withdrawal, and alterations in dopamine and my-opioid receptors.6

When you eat sugar, you brain releases dopamine, a neurotransmitter that causes you to feel good.

Whole foods, even fruits, do not cause the release of the same quantity of dopamine as processed, sugary foods, such as donuts.

As time goes on, your sensitivity to dopamine decreases, causing your brain to need more to feel the same amount of pleasure.

This is what causes addiction cravings to sugar.

2. Depression

Studies have linked high sugar consumption to depression risk in adults.

This leads to the following question: does sugar lead to depression, or does depression influence sugar intake?

Case Study: Sugar Impacts and Adverse Effect on Long-Term Psychological Health 7

In a 2017 study published in Scientific Reports, researchers sought to determine if sugar consumption leads to common mental disorder (CMD) and depression or if the reverse is true, that individuals suffering from CMD and depression are more likely to eat sugary foods.

Through analysis of repeated measures for 23,245 person-observations from the Whitehall II study, mood was assessed using validated questionnaires and diet through food frequency questionnaires.

Researchers found that neither depression not CMD predicted the intake changes found during their analysis where positive associations between sugar consumption and CMD and depression were found.

This led the researchers to conclude that dietary sugar intake has an adverse effect on long-term psychological health, including both CMD and depression.

So How Much Sugar is too Much?

Currently the average adult consumes roughly 22 teaspoons of added sugar per day, which is far more than the American Heart Association recommends: no more than 6 t/day for women and 9 t/day for men.5

Remember that this is added sugar, so not the natural sugars found in fruits,

References:

1. Diet and rheumatoid arthritis symptoms: survey results from a rheumatoid arthritis registry
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...

2. Sugar-sweetened soda consumption and risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis in women

3. Advanced glycation end products

4. Relationship between added sugars consumption and chronic disease risk factors: current understanding

5. Added sugars add to your risk of dying from heart disease
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Healthy...

6. Daily bingeing on sugar repeatedly releases dopamine in the accumbens shell
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...

7. Sugar intake from sweet food and beverages, common mental disorder and depression: prospectiv
e findings from the Whitehall II study

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Stolen, thank you. I miss bread but that's about it. I feel so much better and everything is working so much better without sugar I will be seriously limiting my sugar intake for the rest of my life.
Just the lack of aches and pains that had been part of everyday life has been amazing. Areas I have bad arthritis are damn near forgotten. I couldn't be more impressed.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
What Sugar Does to Your Brain & Body: The Truth About Sugar
Thomas DeLauer

Published on Jan 22, 2018
Please Subscribe for 3-4x Videos per Week + Live Broadcasts!
http://ThomasDeLauer.com
Get The Clothes That I Wear at 40% Off - Use Code TD40 at http://www.Hylete.com

What Sugar Does to Your Brain & Body: The Truth About Sugar - Thomas DeLauer

Sugar’s Effect on the Body

1. Inflammation, Joint Pain, and Aged Skin

High sugar foods have been shown to lead to inflammation in the body, which can increase the susceptibility of individuals to these diseases and can also worsen symptoms for those already suffering from them.

Scientific surveys have also found that increased sugar consumption, in particular sugar filled soda, may increase the risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis and may worsen symptoms (RA). 1,2

The inflammation caused by sugar not only impacts our health, but also our skins look and feel.

When sugars attached to proteins in your bloodstream, advanced glycation end products, or AGEs, are formed. These harmful molecules age your skin through causing damage to the elastin and collagen. This leads to more wrinkles and sagging skin.3

2. Heart Health

When you consume simple sugars, the boost of insulin in the bloodstream can cause artery walls to grow faster than normal and lose their elasticity.

Over time, this can lead to heart attacks, stroke, and heart disease.

Additionally, research suggests that consuming less sugar may help to lower blood pressure, which is a major heart disease risk factor.

Studies have found that those who eat a lot of sugar (25% or more of their calories as added sugar) are twice as likely to die of heart disease when compared to those who consume 10% or less of their total calories from sugar.4

Sugar’s Effect on the Brain

1. Addiction

Sugar shares many similarities with drugs of abuse.

In rat studies sugar has been found to lead to signs of dopamine sensitization and opioid dependence, including cross-sensitization with alcohol and amphetamine, neurochemical and behavioral signs of withdrawal, and alterations in dopamine and my-opioid receptors.6

When you eat sugar, you brain releases dopamine, a neurotransmitter that causes you to feel good.

Whole foods, even fruits, do not cause the release of the same quantity of dopamine as processed, sugary foods, such as donuts.

As time goes on, your sensitivity to dopamine decreases, causing your brain to need more to feel the same amount of pleasure.

This is what causes addiction cravings to sugar.

2. Depression

Studies have linked high sugar consumption to depression risk in adults.

This leads to the following question: does sugar lead to depression, or does depression influence sugar intake?

Case Study: Sugar Impacts and Adverse Effect on Long-Term Psychological Health 7

In a 2017 study published in Scientific Reports, researchers sought to determine if sugar consumption leads to common mental disorder (CMD) and depression or if the reverse is true, that individuals suffering from CMD and depression are more likely to eat sugary foods.

Through analysis of repeated measures for 23,245 person-observations from the Whitehall II study, mood was assessed using validated questionnaires and diet through food frequency questionnaires.

Researchers found that neither depression not CMD predicted the intake changes found during their analysis where positive associations between sugar consumption and CMD and depression were found.

This led the researchers to conclude that dietary sugar intake has an adverse effect on long-term psychological health, including both CMD and depression.

So How Much Sugar is too Much?

Currently the average adult consumes roughly 22 teaspoons of added sugar per day, which is far more than the American Heart Association recommends: no more than 6 t/day for women and 9 t/day for men.5

Remember that this is added sugar, so not the natural sugars found in fruits,

References:

1. Diet and rheumatoid arthritis symptoms: survey results from a rheumatoid arthritis registry

2. Sugar-sweetened soda consumption and risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis in women

3. Advanced glycation end products

4. Relationship between added sugars consumption and chronic disease risk factors: current understanding

5. Added sugars add to your risk of dying from heart disease
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Healthy...

6. Daily bingeing on sugar repeatedly releases dopamine in the accumbens shell
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...

7. Sugar intake from sweet food and beverages, common mental disorder and depression: prospectiv
e findings from the Whitehall II study
I like Thomas. I've watched quite a number of his videos and he is truly a fountain of useful information regarding diet, exercise and health. There's no one better that I've found. Thanks for the post, I hadn't seen that one, yet.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What's on there? I see ham, bacon, eggs and cheese. Anything else? I can see big slices of tomato working on that little sammich.
It was just ham, bacon and cheese. The cheese was pepper jack and Colby jack. I don't do tomatoes unless they are fresh from the garden, so I did without....

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It was just ham, bacon and cheese. The cheese was pepper jack and Colby jack. I don't do tomatoes unless they are fresh from the garden, so I did without....
I guess I just imagined the eggs. It looks great. And nothing beats fresh garden tomatoes.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I guess I just imagined the eggs. It looks great. And nothing beats fresh garden tomatoes.
Must be the white melty cheese.... :-)

I have been craving a fried egg sandwich - that is next.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
3 Ways To Stop Your Sugar Cravings That Are Keeping You Fat
SixPackAbs.com

Published on Aug 28, 2017
Lose Weight For The Six Pack Abs You Deserve: http://go.sixpackabs.com/scien591c

Subscribe to Tom’s Channel – http://www.YouTube.com/TheTDeLauer

If you control sugar, you control everything. Thomas Delauer here with SixPackAbs.com and I’m not just talking about the sugar in the pantry – I’m talking about how to stop sugar cravings.

Today I’m breaking down 3 surefire ways that you can control your sugar cravings. But, before we do that, I have to help you understand what’s happening in your body when it comes to excess carb/sugar consumption and how that turns to fat and what insulin’s role in this is.

Let me break down some key points:

0:44 – Glycogen

0:54 – De nova lipogenesis

1:15 – Insulin

2:31 – Cortisol

Now, here are my 3 surefire ways to curb those sugar cravings by 25%:

3:31 – Tip #1: Add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon to your water throughout your day or with your morning beverage.

3:46http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14...

4:28 – Candida

5:16 – O-methoxycinnamaldehyde

5:30 – Tip #2: Add a protein to breakfast.

5:37http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/artic...

5:56 – Ghrelin & Peptide YY

6:16 – Tip #3: Megadose some Vitamin C.

7:05 – BONUS TIP: Eat your meal on a blue plate can help consume 10-25% less.

Thanks for tuning in, guys. I want to see what questions of comments you have, so make sure to head to http://sixpackabs.com/3-ways-to-stop-... and leave them there via Facebook.

As always, keep it locked in here and make sure to: Like, Share, & Subscribe to SixPackAbs.com.

I’ll See You Next Time,
-Thomas

Help Your Master Fat-Burning Hormone With Science: http://go.sixpackabs.com/scien591c

P.S. Make sure to like and share this video on Facebook: http://sixpackabs.com/3-ways-to-stop-...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
New Information About the Sugar and Cancer Connection!
iHealthTube.com

Published on Jan 31, 2018
Help support us at http://www.patreon.com/ihealthtube

Free email newsletter! http://www.ihealthtube.com/content/ne...

Is one source of omega-3 better than another? You might be surprised at what a recent study revealed. Also, learn more about the connection between sugar and cancer and how a new study might unlock clues to new treatments. And find out what just a little bit of exercise can do when it comes to your heart health!

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So, I have been lo-carbing since late last summer. Weight has fallen from 173 to 158 (I'm only 5'6" tall), which makes me very happy. The lo-carb diet is hard in my household because of the temptation. Roomie, who is diabetic, keeps bringing garbage into the house; there's a bag of CheezIts sitting on the table between our family room chairs even now. But I'm getting better at turning my ketone urine test strips positive :)

I'm definitely going to try the almond bread. Thanks.