• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

super rare token, one of a kind

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've often wondered:
If something is "one of a kind" how can a value be placed on it?

eh, like everything else, it's value will be based upon what a buyer is willing to pay

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I have a used pair of underwear that has a very artistic shitstain on it. It's a one of a kind item and I'll start the bidding at $1,000,000 USD! PM me for pics of this unique and interesting investment opportunity!

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
I have a used pair of underwear that has a very artistic shitstain on it. It's a one of a kind item and I'll start the bidding at $1,000,000 USD! PM me for pics of this unique and interesting investment opportunity!
ur awful but correct. Still....stoniey-wana-kan-obie what is it about his coin that U think maj=kes it so valuable?

{fuck it, just f the land}

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i like it! But not for a million bucks! Is it a Heirloom?

shipwreck

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Canadian copper tokens from the 1800's, listed in books by Breton, Haxby and others, brought good prices a few years back when I sold mine, but no million dollars, of course. I was presently surprised at what eBay brought. This copper one with a duck or goose could turn out to bring a healthy sum from a small group of collectors on this planet who go ape over this sort of thing (maybe). What does it say on the back?

The "blacksmith tokens" are a small subset of the Canadian tokens and the rare varieties can go up into four figures in US$.

Maybe this is something that came in an envelope seeking money for some group promoting duck habitat and hunting? There is always some unusual and unique coin or token in a dealers basket, with nothing to say where it came from. It might be marked at 10 or 20 bucks.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Why don't you get one of those coin holders at a coin store and grade it yourself Will? People pay more for graded tokens.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Canadian copper tokens from the 1800's, listed in books by Breton, Haxby and others, brought good prices a few years back when I sold mine, but no million dollars, of course. I was presently surprised at what eBay brought. This copper one with a duck or goose could turn out to bring a healthy sum from a small group of collectors on this planet who go ape over this sort of thing (maybe). What does it say on the back?

The "blacksmith tokens" are a small subset of the Canadian tokens and the rare varieties can go up into four figures in US$.

Maybe this is something that came in an envelope seeking money for some group promoting duck habitat and hunting? There is always some unusual and unique coin or token in a dealers basket, with nothing to say where it came from. It might be marked at 10 or 20 bucks.
Just keep in mind you're bound by a limited market like any other collectable!

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Guys it's a gag thread, spun from some side talk in the workin man thread. I found the token about a year back doing a remodel, searched for something like it online to no avail. Irons jokingly said it could be worth millions, then Jayduba sent my dreams of grandeur asunder when he accurately named it for what it is. " A token that came with a fifth of copper goose wiskey".

Just goofin on the board a little.

20170803_170818.jpg

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Does the stain look like Jesus?
some folks'll double the offer if it does

hope I don't pay for that later
LOL

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Does the stain look like Jesus?
some folks'll double the offer if it does

hope I don't pay for that later
LOL
Looks a lot like Hillary Clinton actually

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey Will did you get any solid offers?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Guys it's a gag thread, spun from some side talk in the workin man thread. I found the token about a year back doing a remodel, searched for something like it online to no avail. Irons jokingly said it could be worth millions, then Jayduba sent my dreams of grandeur asunder when he accurately named it for what it is. " A token that came with a fifth of copper goose wiskey".

Just goofin on the board a little.

View attachment 92331
Shipwreck is correct Will. Token collectors will pay for odd and hard to find tokens even if they are in bad shape.
Tokens that are directly linked to a time period and area can be really sought after. I have found a few local depression era bar, general store and dairy tokens (good for 1 pint) in lakes metal detecting.

My coin guy said to put them all on ebay at once since they all represent a small slice of NW Michigan and are all damn near 100 years old. He figures I'll clear $50-60 bucks easy.

"I would like information on Copper Goose whiskey It was available as of 40 years ago but I cannot find anything on it recently?

Answered by The WikiAnswers® Community
Answers.com® is making the world better one answer at a time.
I have the same question. In the mid-1960s, Copper Goose was being promoted in Little Rock, Ark. They had some dealings with my father's shop because I ended up with a copper token slightly larger than a quarter bearing a flying goose on one side and the following verse on the other: "Catch a copper goose Pluck a copper feather Next day will be better for health and wealth and weather." I have that memorized to this day, and I also still have the token somewhere. I was about 10 years old back then, so I never got a taste of the stuff, but I am still curious about the history of the product."

Your goose token represents a product that no longer exists, nobody knows anything about from a distillery that also probably no longer exists. And it's in great condition.
I'm seeing a win here sir. Proper marketing and you have an ebay rockstar!

Bottom line, it's worth moar than silver.
aarock.gif

Last edited:

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey Will don't pay attention to Irons although he means well. PM me for a trade.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Pffffffffffff too funny. Brother Irons trying to jack up the bidding.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey Will is your data plan used up again?

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Shooter you drive a hard bargin, will do an even trade on the underwheres but remember you have to ship them to Jaydubs house.
Could you imagine my surprise when I open up the mail next week and find a pair of shyt stained unders in a box if I hadn't stumbled onto this thread?

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Irons stop posting! Stop it!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Hey Will is your data plan used up again?
Cheap fecker ain't he? Time to switch carriers and get one of them 25 gig plans for less than he's paying now.
I told AT&T it was time to move on and all of a sudden I had a 16 gig plan for 60 bux with no contract!.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Cheap fecker ain't he? Time to switch carriers and get one of them 25 gig plans for less than he's paying now.
I told AT&T it was time to move on and all of a sudden I had a 16 gig plan for 60 bux with no contract!.

I know cheap as hell, i think he has AOL dial up for his cell phone. let's keep posting here when he logs back on he will have like a thousand alerts.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I know cheap as hell, i think he has AOL dial up for his cell phone. let's keep posting here when he logs back on he will have like a thousand alerts.
I have a WIFI hotspot for internet up here in the woods. There isn't even dial up in this area.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Is the bidding still opened? I have a gently used nail gun I bought from Harbor Freight about twelve years ago. Will trade, no guarantees on consistency of the gun.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How far is your closest neighbor?

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That sounds like to good a deal LtD, why not offer just a strip of nails for the gun first.