• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Surge In Silver Demand Leaves U.S. Mint With No Eagle Silver Bullion Coins

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

David Lin
Thursday September 06, 2018 15:30

Kitco News
Share this article:

(Kitco News) - The U.S. Mint has temporarily sold out of its 2018 American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins and is currently in the process of producing more.
“This is to inform you that due to recent increased demand, the United States Mint has temporarily sold out of its inventories of 2018 American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins,” U.S. Mint said in a press release published on Thursday.
The announcement comes amidst the strongest silver sales from the U.S. Mint since the start of last year. In August, the U.S. Mint sold 1.53 million one-ounce American Eagle Silver coins, up 72% from the previous month.
In contrast, sales of American Eagle Gold coins fell to a four-month low in August, mirroring a decrease in sales from the same period last year.
While silver coins have done much better than gold coins, physical silver continues to lag in price performance. The gold-silver ratio has expanded to 84.75, while silver has fallen to two-year lows.

Sponsored By Stansberry Research
This Is The Story Of Your Debt Enslavement – It’s No Accident
The man who predicted the collapse of GM, Fannie, and Freddie says the next big bankruptcy is going to catch everyone by surprise. Learn more here.

Peter Hug, director of Global Trading at Kitco, said that the wholesalers responded by raising premiums by as much as 25%.
“We think that the increase is temporary and may mitigate in about two weeks. We mention it for the investors that have grown weary of the silver market. For those that have thrown in the towel and want to exit their silver positions, the upside is that bid premiums have also gone higher,” he said in a commentary Thursday.

By David Lin

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Unlike futures traders, glad to see somebody recognizes a bargain when they see it.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

David Lin
Thursday September 06, 2018 15:30

Kitco News
Share this article:

(Kitco News) - The U.S. Mint has temporarily sold out of its 2018 American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins and is currently in the process of producing more.
“This is to inform you that due to recent increased demand, the United States Mint has temporarily sold out of its inventories of 2018 American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins,” U.S. Mint said in a press release published on Thursday.
The announcement comes amidst the strongest silver sales from the U.S. Mint since the start of last year. In August, the U.S. Mint sold 1.53 million one-ounce American Eagle Silver coins, up 72% from the previous month.
In contrast, sales of American Eagle Gold coins fell to a four-month low in August, mirroring a decrease in sales from the same period last year.
While silver coins have done much better than gold coins, physical silver continues to lag in price performance. The gold-silver ratio has expanded to 84.75, while silver has fallen to two-year lows.

Sponsored By Stansberry Research
This Is The Story Of Your Debt Enslavement – It’s No Accident
The man who predicted the collapse of GM, Fannie, and Freddie says the next big bankruptcy is going to catch everyone by surprise. Learn more here.

Peter Hug, director of Global Trading at Kitco, said that the wholesalers responded by raising premiums by as much as 25%.
“We think that the increase is temporary and may mitigate in about two weeks. We mention it for the investors that have grown weary of the silver market. For those that have thrown in the towel and want to exit their silver positions, the upside is that bid premiums have also gone higher,” he said in a commentary Thursday.

By David Lin
Why would anyone want to exit the silver market now? I swear the people who write this crap haven't got a clue?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Ya know, it's been a loooong time since I've been in an economics class but could someone go over that bit about "The law of supply & demand"? I seemed (in my obvious senility) to have gotten it ass-backward because in my mind the price of that old dog should be goin up.

little help here,
BF

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ya know, it's been a loooong time since I've been in an economics class but could someone go over that bit about "The law of supply & demand"? I seemed (in my obvious senility) to have gotten it ass-backward because in my mind the price of that old dog should be goin up.

little help here,
BF
The law of supply & demand is overruled by Bankster manipulation.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
It is almost year end, time to clearance old stock and get ready for the 2019's.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The brits and Krugs are looking good right now. Bought brits on sale recently and thinking bout 50 drugs now.. The liberates are the highest premium. Is there a tariff on Mexican silver?

GOLDZILLA

Harvurd Koleej Jeenyus
Midas Member
The law of supply and demand isn't working because nobody really knows how much (real physical) there is because banks/govt are selling to themselves to set their own price, and the "free" marketplace allows gambling based on sales and naked sales of product that does not exist at the time of sale/purchase.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
The brits and Krugs are looking good right now. Bought brits on sale recently and thinking bout 50 drugs now.. The liberates are the highest premium. Is there a tariff on Mexican silver?
I've avoided Brits since the crappy rolls I got in 2014, has any one bought rooms of krugs ????

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Libs always had big premiums, LCS sold them to me as generic, their time will come, low mintages

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I haven't bought any Kruigs yet but have wanted some..Bought the same price as Brits right now.. Only bought the brits when they were on sale. Silver is silver but wanted a little more Gov issue and the premium was not so bad on them vrs eagles.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I haven't bought any Kruigs yet but have wanted some..Bought the same price as Brits right now.. Only bought the brits when they were on sale. Silver is silver but wanted a little more Gov issue and the premium was not so bad on them vrs eagles.
I've always liked krugs in fractional gold, was gona buy a roll of first year till they decided to rape everyone, I have some of the art round silver krugs, I'll give u a heads up if I. Find a krug deal as I'm wanting a roll too