• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Surviving "Trickle Down" economics in America...

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
My suggestion is to work everyday, accumulate some savings, do not live beyond your means and treat others with respect. Do not expect the government to solve your personal problems and don't be jealous of others.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
My suggestion is to work everyday, accumulate some savings, do not live beyond your means and treat others with respect. Do not expect the government to solve your personal problems and don't be jealous of others.
I'd add, never use tobacco, booze and/or gamble.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It's tough to be poor. It's really tough to be poor & stupid.

If ten-packs of paper towels are on sale for half price, that's great, but you can only afford one roll anyway.
Growing up we never used paper towels. They were for rich people. Take a towel or rag & rinse it out... gee is that so hard?
“I'm making $150-$200 a week and I need new shoes. So I can buy $60 shoes that will last or $15 Walmart shoes. So I buy the Walmart shoes and some groceries instead of just the $60 shoes and no groceries. Three months later I'll need new shoes again. But I'll also have to pay rent and my light bill is due. So I'll pay the light bill and buy some 'shoe glue' for $4 to fix my shoes for another few weeks until I can buy the $15 ones again.”—DrStephenFalken

Those $15.00 walmart shoes are just 4 bucks at Goodwill, and can be had for a dollar at yard sales.

“When I was child, Burger King ran a special kids meal where it was two mini Burgers that were attached to each other like a weird conjoined burger experiment. Sometimes we would go. My dinner was 1.5 of the mini burgers, my mom's dinner was the half I didn't eat and she would fill up on the free refills of soda.”—Honzo427

For 5 bucks you can buy a loaf of bread & a jar of peanut butter. Poor folks can't afford to pay somebody else to cook for them.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
And some of the rich people near where I live, are crying that they will lose a tax exemption, under the new tax cut legislation.

Maybe they would have to have two Christmas trees in their mansion, instead of three?

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Last edited:

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Neither a borrower nor a lender be (Shakespeare)

Better to go to bed a bit hungry than to wake up in debt. (Benjamin Franklin)

Silver to da moon, just dont know when (Southfork)

Simple, but sounds just right. I like the comment on not being jealous of others because that leads to being in debt!

I'd add, never use tobacco, booze and/or gamble.
More sound advice.