• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Switzerland tests digital currency payments with top investment banks

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Switzerland tests digital currency payments with top investment banks​

By John Revill and Tom Wilson

ZURICH, Jan 13 (Reuters) - Switzerland's central bank has successfully used digital currency to settle transactions involving five commercial banks, the Swiss National Bank said on Thursday, the latest trial of the technology in wholesale markets.

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Those are Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC), they are essentially the same as fiat currency but with even more tracking and control. CBDC are very different from decentralized crypto like Bitcoin and Ethereum. There is a huge effort going on right now to blur the distinction via language so ordinary people will think CBDC are the same as decentralized crypto. The next step will be to regulate away real crypto and substitute in CBDC, trapping everyone in government fiat "crypto."

If it's not decentralized, it's not crypto.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
if .gov says it's crypto, it's crypto

they control it all and when they take away any of the rest, what's left over will be crypto

and to think, for several years, millions have been championing and working that trial balloon until .gov said to themselves: "They're Hooked"

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Those are Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC), they are essentially the same as fiat currency but with even more tracking and control. CBDC are very different from decentralized crypto like Bitcoin and Ethereum. There is a huge effort going on right now to blur the distinction via language so ordinary people will think CBDC are the same as decentralized crypto. The next step will be to regulate away real crypto and substitute in CBDC, trapping everyone in government fiat "crypto."

Like that hasn't been the plan all along.....lol

Speaking of blurring distinction "digital gold".... that's another one that's a hoot.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Speaking of blurring distinction "digital gold".... that's another one that's a hoot.
paper metal, NFT's, derivatives..........and soon the worker bees will work for half pay as the other half is deducted for 'Comfort Fees'

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Like that hasn't been the plan all along.....lol

You should really try to draw a distinction between people making technology for everyone to use and remain free (even if you don't agree with it) vs governments trying to remain in power and keep everyone suppressed. When you group them together you're only helping the authoritarians.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You should really try to draw a distinction between people making technology for everyone to use and remain free (even if you don't agree with it) vs governments trying to remain in power and keep everyone suppressed. When you group them together you're only helping the authoritarians.
and you're laying out claims you can't validate

these 'people', it's not clear who they all are and you can't prove .gov wasn't involved any where along the line of 'creation'

perhaps it is you and others like you that have actually been helping .gov with 'proof of concept'

now i can't prove that either but all signs are pointing that way with the declaration and application of .gov's willingness to create their own: replacement fiat: Crypto

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
and you're laying out claims you can't validate

these 'people', it's not clear who they all are and you can't prove .gov wasn't involved any where along the line of 'creation'

perhaps it is you and others like you that have actually been helping .gov with 'proof of concept'

now i can't prove that either but all signs are pointing that way with the declaration and application of .gov's willingness to create their own: replacement fiat: Crypto
Any tool can be misused by authoritarians. It doesn't make the tool bad. The focus needs to be on shining the light on what makes you free vs what makes you a slave. Gold, crypto, and any other free market chosen assets are about freedom. Fiat and CBDCs are about slavery.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
that's not what i posted...but you get the idea

now simply change your ideology to a more suitable approach:
cryptos are from .gov, about .gov and are against our freedoms and individuality

that's the original intent but they couldn't start any of them out that way...

so,
try that for a week and see if your pov adjusts a bit

it doesn't matter to me, but if you've got a dog in the race, it's wiser to see a complete picture, not just a view of 'how much you can make'

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
that's not what i posted...but you get the idea

now simply change your ideology to a more suitable approach:
cryptos are from .gov, about .gov and are against our freedoms and individuality

that's the original intent but they couldn't start any of them out that way...

so,
try that for a week and see if your pov adjusts a bit

it doesn't matter to me, but if you've got a dog in the race, it's wiser to see a complete picture, not just a view of 'how much you can make'
Cryptos aren't from government. Cryptos were invented and popularized by libertarians as a way to avoid fiat and centralized finance. Government is now trying to co-opt the movement for itself. I don't think they will be successful because nobody is going to want to use digital fiat that 100x worse than "regular" fiat. Especially when there are decentralized alternatives.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Cryptos aren't from government. Cryptos were invented and popularized by libertarians as a way to avoid fiat and centralized finance.

keep telling yourself:
Our Government Tells Us The Truth, Everyday
Our Financial Companies Tell Us The Truth, Everyday
Cryptos are For The People

i won't argue over the individual startups looking to sell their wares...they're just parroting what they think is in play

the evidence is now overwhelming, it's not for us

it's for them, it always was

wastrel

Mr. Negative
Site Supporter
Reaction score
in the dark, probably being eaten by a grue
Cryptos aren't from government. Cryptos were invented and popularized by libertarians as a way to avoid fiat and centralized finance. Government is now trying to co-opt the movement for itself. I don't think they will be successful because nobody is going to want to use digital fiat that 100x worse than "regular" fiat. Especially when there are decentralized alternatives.
I think you're wrong on that. Many people will want to use digital fiat, because the government tells them to. Just like many took an "experimental" vaccine because the government told them to.

I'd like it better if you were right, though. What I like about being a pessimist is that I'm so relieved when I'm wrong.