• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

TAEZZAR loses EVERYTHING.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The fire on HWY 138 out of Roseburg, Orygun, wiped us out. I am very tired tonight & I will tell the whole story Over the next few days.
My son is in route from So. Cal. to help us. You have seen the drone shot of our home, WELL this is it today.
I had friends in places that got me & Mrs T to our home today. No-one is allowed in yet, but we were blessed to have a "friend" that got us to our home. The fires are still burning & trees are still falling. IT IS A FUCKING WAR ZONE. ALL 14 homes on our road are DUST, YES DUST !!
I have my wife, that shithead Macaw, my pickup, boat & motorhome, NOTHING ELSE !!!
When it happened, we were here at the coast, waiting for the tuna, so we are just fine.

My entire machine shop & wood shop are GONE, FUCKING DUST !! It had to have been a 3,000 F fire. EVERYFUCKINGTHING is melted !!!
If you care to see more, it is called the "Star Mountain Fire".

I will up date in a few days, as I must get back there in the morning.

AGAIN, we are safe & fine.
Our 2017 Ford Edge

1599712277655.png

Metal barn
1599712937766.png

Our pond
1599713025534.png

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Lord, HELP!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
R, not to worry, I am ONLY 78 years old & now I have a NEW project. My education is architecture. I can & will design a new home& be my own general contractor. I'll get a front end loader & scrape a new 5 acres to build a new modest home on !
We will live here at the coast & fish:fishing:, crab & dig clams in our spare time.:thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2:
When you are given a crate of lemons, the ONLY thing you can do is MAKE LEMONADE !!! :2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up:

TAEZZAR IS A SURVIVOR !!!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Sorry man, those photos are remarkably eerie.
Extra sorry to hear about losing the machine shop and woodshop. Lots of projects in progress (I'm assuming) that will never get completed. And all the time amassing the tools...
Keep us updated.
Thanks CC AND I absolutely will keep my "family" up-to-date on the "happenings"

:angry then happy::picture perfect::gracious:

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
R, not to worry, I am ONLY 78 years old & now I have a NEW project. My education is architecture. I can & will design a new home& be my own general contractor. I'll get a front end loader & scrape a new 5 acres to build a new modest home on !
We will live here at the coast & fish:fishing:, crab & dig clams in our spare time.:thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2:
When you are given a crate of lemons, the ONLY thing you can do is MAKE LEMONADE !!! :2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up:

damn taez, sorry to hear that

your attitude is incredible. few would handle it like you are

Sorry to see all that devastation! Happy you and the mrs are safe. I live with the worry of wildfire as well, and the smoke in the air tends to cause me some anxiety and if I got burned out I would be devastated as well. Hope and pray all goes well for you both.

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
your attitude is incredible.
No doubt there...

Easy to see you're tuned in, and because so, I've always enjoyed your posting, from your incredible machinist competence, something that I've aspired to and just barely machined the surface of, sorta the way the tuna saved the lives of your klan, if not the home terrain. The home terrain is rebuildable. With time and effort, something you may not want to deal with, and you're ten years older n me should not be forced to do.

Now comes the insurance defaults, sorry to be debbie downer, but that's the next step with this flaming, insurances defaulting...

And remember, it's just a cartoon. With a wide bushy mustache grin...

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I have nothing Taezz except extreme sorrow for your losses,

I paid attention while you were rehabbing that place, and loved it,
Then the wildlife and the pond,

Glad to here you weren't in the zone when it hit,

surely not something I wanted to pop open gim and read

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
My heart goes out to you & yours...

After ALL THE WORK YOU DID - What a DISASTER! Glad you & yours are safe (& hope that the insurance aren't @$$holes)... Gonna have to sift through the ashes to find the melted "stack"??...

So much work... from your post in another thread, what a shame...

https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/building-advice.351071/

If your ground water level is good, I would suggest a full basement, you will never be sorry, it's a lot of space for little money. In addition that solves the slab v crawl space decision. As you age, you will find a slab to be hard on your legs. A raised floor is more resilient. 3/4 Oak floors eliminate the carpet costs.
Water witching is a viable way to find water & a good guy will tell you how deep & the flow rate. I much prefer well water to chemically infested city water. Check well costs, it might be a 5 to 7 year payback.
A metal roof, if the city allows it will last longer than you will. I really like mine.
I bought a great property with a shit hole house & I rebuilt it, I raised the roof 22 inches & the chimney 4 feet.
Just trying to show you how a metal roof looks.
Oh, one more thing, our property has a slight slope so we have no steps into the hose on one side & 3 steps on the pther. Moving furniture & other stuff in is sure nice with no steps.
BTW, shootist knows a lot too.

This is the before shot

1 MOM 24 SEP 04 003 - Copy.jpg

2 new roof 1.png

2 18 AUG 06 HOUSE PAINTED 002 - Copy.jpg

I still had not done the front deck at this time. Synthetic wood is great for decks as it holds up well against the weather.

4 9 SEPT 05 004 (Small).jpg
[/QUOTE]

.... into this, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME - You really didn't deserve this "Tabula Rasa" one bit...

Taezzer fire.jpg

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Poured concrete from footings to roof?... "Bunker"...

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Wow, what a loss, & I'm so sad & sorry that you are walking thru this!
If I didn't live on the other side of the country, I'd be there to help in any way I could.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Mr. T, I just said a prayer for you. I know the months ahead will be difficult as you adjust for this loss. I pray that your insurance will be generous with you, and that in the end you will be better off than before the fire.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Sorry buddy. Glad to hear you and the wife and your bird are all ok...

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What a body blow! I don't think I would have your positive attitude, and I am a bit younger.
Glad you are safe, best with the nightmare that is sure to follow trying to get your life back on track.
The one thing you can't replace is your lives, so you won I guess.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
@TAEZZAR at least all your gold and guns were safe at the bottom of that lake.

All jesting aside, I’m sorry to hear about your misfortune and I am glad you and your loved ones are safe.

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Condolences. I'm glad to hear that you, the wife and your attack bird made it out. I hope this is a once-in-a-lifetime disaster.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I just came to the site and saw this....I'm speechless! I'm so sorry for all this loss but very thankful you're all OK. I'm sure you'll be very busy so will ping you in IM and let you sort things out.

Anything I can do brother, let me know!

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I have nothing Taezz except extreme sorrow for your losses,

I paid attention while you were rehabbing that place, and loved it,
Then the wildlife and the pond,

Glad to here you weren't in the zone when it hit,

surely not something I wanted to pop open gim and read
Double this,
followed along for years and years.
Darn it man.
MANY thoughts and prayers with you today.
Regards,
Haystack

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Domestic terrorism strikes GIM2. :totally steamed:

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Tazz, i am so sorry for your loss. I wanted to come out tuna fishing but the timing of my surgery was off. I hope and pray you are able to rebuild your place even better than before. Best of luck going forward.

andial

Stable
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Last night on FB I was reading a post from an old army buddy. He and his dad lost their family business there yesterday. Burned to the ground. A heating and cooling company. I was thinking about you then hoping you were all right out there. Now I see this. Very sorry to see you have to go through this.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Tazz, reading this is shocking and surreal, my deepest sympathy's for the loss of your home, shop, and property. I was relieved to read that you and your wife are safe, and in your motorhome with boat and truck. You have the basics to get though this and rebuild.

You're a creative and highly capable man, you can get thought this. Glad to hear you are already making plans. Keep us posted.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
God bless you and your family Sir , our thoughts and prayers go out to you all

my granddaughter was evacuated from her Oregon home last night and was told to go across the Columbia River to Vancouver

may all your troubles be reversed and double blessings come your way as you rebuild