• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

TAEZZAR loses EVERYTHING.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Condolences. I'm glad to hear that you, the wife and your attack bird made it out. I hope this is a once-in-a-lifetime disaster.
My thoughts exactly. Prayers out to you and yours during this time of testing.
"Tough time don't last, Tough people do".

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Taez,
So sorry for your situation. Prayers & Praise you & Mrs. T are safe! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The fire on HWY 138 out of Roseburg, Orygun, wiped us out. I am very tired tonight & I will tell the whole story Over the next few days.

prayers from all of us..I'm sure

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What a f-king bummer! I'm sorry to read about this. You didn't deserve this.

I had my summer cabin burn down in 05, it was 85% complete and a contractors negligence caught it on fire. Total loss. 5 year battle with insurance company.

When I hear of someone your age faced with reconstruction, it reminds me of my own recent experience. At age 61 I started building my current log cabin. Finished it at age 64. Older couple down the road inherited 40 acres and are in the process of setting a modular home on it. They suggested envy at my place and I quickly reminded them that they are doing the right thing. Sure I have a nice place but my back and knees will never be as strong as they were 4 years ago when I started this place.
You will soon find out that hiring anyone good in the building trades nowadays is extremely difficult. I would never want to build another home myself at my age.
Best wishes and GLTU.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Tazz...

I haven't known you the way some lifers do; but friend, stranger or enemy, it's a hard thing to deal with. More so in your later years...and I say that as someone much younger, who, just the same, is entering "Grumpy Old Man" status.

It's glib and trite; but know it: Toys can be replaced. Tools, structures, are insured - so you'll have at least partial recompense.

This may be opportunity in an ugly coat: Perhaps it's time to move onto someplace more suitable for your late years? Perhaps someplace smaller, or simpler. Perhaps the roving life of an RV. Perhaps, in the coming chaos, a third-world redoubt.

You were fortunate to be gone when it hit; and also that connections let you learn of the devastation early. Now you know. Now you can plan.

I hope this doesn't come across as offensive, because I don't mean it to be. It is what it is; and you now know what it is. Grab it, the situation; and run with it.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Taezzar, so sorry for your loss. But you have the important things .... the Mrs & the Bird. And just as important, they still have you.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This is awful. I am so sorry to read of your loss. You and your wife will be in my prayers.

your attitude is incredible. few would handle it like you are
Absolutely! T, you have an incredible attitude about this. One that I could only hope to have in the face of such tragedy. May your recovery be as quick and hassle free as possible.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
R, not to worry, I am ONLY 78 years old & now I have a NEW project. My education is architecture. I can & will design a new home& be my own general contractor. I'll get a front end loader & scrape a new 5 acres to build a new modest home on !
We will live here at the coast & fish:fishing:, crab & dig clams in our spare time.:thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2:
When you are given a crate of lemons, the ONLY thing you can do is MAKE LEMONADE !!! :2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up::2 thumbs up:

TAEZZAR IS A SURVIVOR !!!
^ That is what I want to be when I grow up!
You are a role model of high order sir. Best regards moving forward.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Thanks to ALL OF MY FAMILY for your thoughts & prayers.:finished:
I will attempt to answer everyone here in one post, as you may well imagine, I am gunna be busy for awhile.:mining::shit happens:
First, my thoughts were BLM & antifa, but our Sheriff & two of our County Commissioners assured me that they were not involved.
Including everyone here, I did not realize how many friends & supports, we have. :autumn: We truly appreciate all the support.
Their is a rumor that the electric company caused the fire, similar to the Paradise, Ca. fire.
Mrs.T & I are strong willed individuals & we are accepting this as just a bump in the road of life.

Casey J, your comments we taken with the utmost of positive will, Thank You. :holding hands:
I will post pics as time allows.:picture perfect:
My son & a friend are in Roseburg this morning, up from Orange County, Ca.
They will help with what we have to do at the property.
:2 thumbs up::finished:

Again, thanks to all, T

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I will attempt to answer everyone here in one post, as you may well imagine, I am gunna be busy for awhile.:mining::shit happens:
First, my thoughts were BLM & antifa, but our Sheriff & two of our County Commissioners assured me that they were not involved.
Including everyone here, I did not realize how many friends & supports, we have. :autumn: We truly appreciate all the support.
Their is a rumor that the electric company caused the fire, similar to the Paradise, Ca. fire.
Mrs.T & I are strong willed individuals & we are accepting this as just a bump in the road of life.

Casey J, your comments we taken with the utmost of positive will, Thank You. :holding hands:

Again, thanks to all, T
You are one cool customer sir.

Mister when I misplace a tool::totally steamed:

Taezzer when he loses his life's work:
:spring:

I'm humbled.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Taken by our one of our County Commissioners, a great friend of mine . This is about 1/2 a mile away from our home.
1599749123743.png

pitw

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Holy pooh. Sorry you have to go through this sir. Without the loss of your lives this will be way better than it could have been. Trying to find the special things you had[be it tools, keepsakes etc] will be impossible so just worry about things you need at the start of the rebuild.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Holy pooh. Sorry you have to go through this sir. Without the loss of your lives this will be way better than it could have been. Trying to find the special things you had[be it tools, keepsakes etc] will be impossible so just worry about things you need at the start of the rebuild.
Exactly !

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Again, thanks to all, T
1599750499804.png

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

Again, thanks to all, T
The Lord bless you and keep you. May His face shine upon you.

I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
It was so obvious, I thought of it immediately.

Less obvious, but logical, is the realty: When one unleashes a storm, such as a protected series of riots and street-mob arson attacks...one never knows where it will proceed to. Once started, it's not a controllable force.

I wish no ill on anyone here; but frankly, to the voters who installed that unsightly dyke in the governor's office...my reaction is schadenfreude. I cannot be concerned - because this is the result of foolishness and ignorance taken to its logical end. Perhaps the rest of us, in at-risk regions and states, can learn from watching.

I am just completely repulsed by how gullible, how ignorant, the American populace has shown itself, in the last ten months or so.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Sorry to hear of your loss Taz... glad you got the wife and bird safe.

I don't know who here follows the alt.right white supremacist Q conspiracy, but this was posted early this morning:

Link to New Q Drop
Q
!!Hs1Jq13jV610 Sep 2020 - 12:20:58 AM
Highly coordinated [funded] _domestic terrorism.
FEDs involved [US rights [c]_surveillance]
[D]
controlled areas.
Media blackout.
Election gaming.
Q
I have looked for the news article but can't find it. It was a friend that only watches TVnews that told me about the 27 new fires.
edited to add: The Washington middle of the road fire is supposed to be true as my friend told me of that one also.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I have looked for the news article but can't find it. It was a friend that only watches TVnews that told me about the 27 new fires.
The "news" on the idiot box, today, is anything but. It's disinformation and propaganda. It's the Party Line - approved lies and Narrative.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The "news" on the idiot box, today, is anything but. It's disinformation and propaganda. It's the Party Line - approved lies and Narrative.
Hey don't blame me but sometimes what gets out on the airwaves has some truth to it. Just telling ya what he said because I don't watch tvnews at all.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Hey don't blame me but sometimes what gets out on the airwaves has some truth to it. Just telling ya what he said because I don't watch tvnews at all.
No ill will intended.

It's just something we have to keep in mind. The modern function of the "nooze" mediuh, is to PREVENT information from seeping out to the public. To fill the airwaves, and the streets, with the Narrative.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yoh! TAEZZAR what can I add, thinking of you and yours and echoing everyone else. Speechless.

Keep us updated.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Crikey man,
I still cannot believe it Taez.
Firestorm here in 98/99
It absolutely vaporized everything close to it at its core.
Only slabs and some crispy hulks were left.
Thank goodness you and the missus are safe.
Thank the good lord.
Wow

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Well...you have dry weather; you have all these disturbed sexual deviates gathering in the Portland area...and they discover, not only is starting fires FUN (pyromania is tied to sexual deviance issues in psychotic patients) but the powers-that-be are actually encouraging it.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to have a carload of these gender-bender burn-it-all-down freaks, to ride an hour into the countryside and start lighting little flames.

tigerwillow1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I never know what to say about things like this. Closest I've come to it was wrecking a car I had just finished doing a LOT of work on. Losing the whole house and other buildings I can't begin to imagine. It's inspiring to see your strength in the face of this. A fire started on the edge of Bend a few weeks ago and was jumped on quickly and heavily. It was started by an RV exhaust igniting dry grass and could have been a big disaster if allowed to spread. Some reports from the Santiam fire are saying that all or big parts of Gates, Mill City, and Detroit have burned down. We need more people standing strong in the face of trials as you are, not the wusses we're usually hearing about. Hang in there. Take it a day at a time. And thanks for letting us know the Macaw is ok. He has a place in our hearts, too.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Wow those are some horrific photos. I can't believe there are so many trees left standing or even branches. I wish you all the best in trying to recover from your loss.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
antifa making good on their promise to take their antics into the countryside?

https://kobi5.com/news/almeda-fire-a-criminal-investigation-police-say-136394/

Almeda Fire a criminal investigation, police say
How long will this latest investigation take and what will be the result? Based on past performance they end up being more about window dressing to the public and less about seeking justice. The locations of these antifart pigs are well known. If law enforcement doesn't do their job who will and when? How many more people need to suffer devastating losses at the hands of these commie bastards before this shit is stopped???

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
T,

The wife and I have started looking for our last house. We have pretty much decided to just build. We are going to use Steel and Concrete - exactly for the reason of what you survived.

It's not cheaper by any means, but it is doable.

I wish you the best. Perhaps this is a godsend in that what ever you build this time, you will have this experience to push you to build something a lot sturdier than the last place.

You and Mrs T survived. That is all that counts. All the rest is just work to be finished.

Again, I wish you luck. Besides, your experiences will lead you where you need to be.

Last edited: