• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

TAEZZAR loses EVERYTHING.

TN_Preacher

Silver Member
Silver Miner
TAEZZAR
So sorry to hear of this. I'm certainly glad everyone was ok.
I wanted to share some things from my experience of going through this devastation in January 2019.
The emotions of losing almost everything you own are quite intense and enduring. It took weeks for the reality of it to really sink in. But we have to deal with it to move on. I can say that my faith in God certainly helped heal the hurt. Truly, the greatest loss I suffered was our cat of 15 years could not escape from the second floor and all the smoke. For a long while I was plagued by running "what if" scenarios in my mind. It's not helpful to do that. The emotional toll on my wife was greater. She didn't want to rebuild. It took quite a while for her feelings to change, and now she is anxiously awaiting for the new kitchen cabinets to be installed.
And just when you are starting to feel better emotionally, there are friends and relatives that want to impress upon you how sorry they are that you lost everything and how it must make you feel. I just wanted tell them, "I've already been there, dealt with it, and I'm trying to move on. But hey, have you heard about my GoFundMe page?"
My son started a GoFundMe page for me and notified a bunch of his friends and of course family. The donations that started coming in before insurance payments were very helpful. The Red Cross stopped by the night of the fire and gave us a $500 card to spend on current needs such as clothing and food. I imagine the Red Cross is overwhelmed in your area now. We also went to a local church ministry that gave us clothing for free. Other thrift stores in our area were also very helpful, but we needed some documentation to show we had a legitimate need (such as a red cross letter or fire report).
I don't know if you had a safe in the fire, like I did, but I had a Canon safe with PMs, ammo, and arms. A badly damaged Canon safe can be accessed by using an angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel and cutting out a large opening around the front handle. There will be a vertical bar that engages the locking bolts, and mechanism that drives this bar needs to be cut and then the bar can simply be moved to the unlocked position, if there is no debris in the door blocking the movement.
Any guns in the safe can be soaked (asap) in used motor oil to prevent further corrosion. All my guns outside the safe were complete trash. I purchased a small plastic swimming pool in which to immerse the guns. I had to run them through in multiple batches as they would all fit. The stainless steel guns are the best thing to have if you anticipate a fire :) but who does? Plastic accessories melt and wooden stocks char and burn and I would also be cautious with barrels losing their tempering.
I had insurance, but it was not a replacement value policy, so everything I claimed was depreciated over a 20 yr period. The things we had that were less than 100 years old were depreciated to about 20% of their value. We had a lot of old things, as well as antiques.
One of the best things anyone can do for insurance purposes (other than pray it never happens to you) is to have digital pics of everything you own, stored somewhere safe (but not in your safe)... your son's house, a trusted friend, etc. Trying to remember what you owned on top of everything else going on, coupled with the stress of losing it all, is very difficult.
Haven't started to deal with the PMs from the safe yet. But I will say this. Any PMs in plastic tubes turn into one gigantic hardened glob. I'm thinking of running them through another fire to separate them. What harm could it do?
I could say more, but I need to get back to work on my house.
I'm glad you are ok. Things may look bleak now and for a while, but trust me, it will get better. Every day is a new opportunity to plan your future. I look at each day as a new opportunity to serve God in whatever I do. And start a GoFundMe page. I know many on this forum would give.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Have seen a lot of environmental disasters in the recent past where there was usually an opportunity to go online. I don't have a smartphone but wifi seems to be ubiquitous now.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Hey T, if you are in the middle of a fire, how are you getting online?
He's got his mobile home he's living in with his wife and The Bird! He's a very self sufficient man! Even if he didn't all he needs is the smartphone as its more than sufficient to post on the interwebs

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Are you just a regular dick or a major pain in the arse?

You seem to be a regular member and then asks shit like you've done.

Just for clarity, wife no# howmuch?

Golden Regards
Uncle

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
First post in the thread says.....
When it happened, we were here at the coast, waiting for the tuna, so we are just fine.
So I'd say he is not posting from in the middle of a fire.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Here is the F'ed up thing, TAZ is going to be inland when he wanted to be out fishing. I feel 4 the guy I really do as it is a f'ed up world and I am not a juggler and I bet TAZ is a little better at Juggling than I am.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
This is pretty interesting and might explain a lot
Edit: this likely not suspicious as I've learned this type of system is used to create blocker fires but this isn't proof that antifags aren't lighting the west on fire

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
A tad off topic... but pertinent imho.... since Canadians don't get to (legally?) vote in the upcoming US election...

Fires-stop-at-border.jpg

Last edited:

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
damn dac,

wonder if that map is real or if the canadian data just isn't reported or used?

sure telling if that is accurate

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
sure telling if that is accurate
That means Tazzer's life & many others were destroyed by terrorists, soros, etc...... all.
When are the patriots going to get the nod to put an end to this........
pantifa stick out like sore thumbs when they can't blend in......

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Come on guys. Not everything is a conspiracy. Data on the map stops at the Mexican border too. Not too tough to figure out.

How about those temperature readings in the middle of the flame icons? Doesn't fire burn hotter than 64 degrees? Now we're on to something...

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Come on guys. Not everything is a conspiracy. Data on the map stops at the Mexican border too. Not too tough to figure out.

How about those temperature readings in the middle of the flame icons? Doesn't fire burn hotter than 64 degrees? Now we're on to something...
When you're lied to by someone over and over again how do you know what to believe and what not to believe from that person?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
That means Tazzer's life & many others were destroyed by terrorists, soros, etc...... all.
The one local fire we had, just outside of town, was proven as arson, immediately.

The authorities and nooze mediuh immediately put up a leaden curtain of silence; but by their reaction, and their keeping the location closed for a week...a much-used trail...nothing to do with reclamation or damage...it was pretty obvious why. It was a crime scene.

We were lucky, The idiot who started the fire did it on the side of a highly-visible mountain with a well-known, always-seen, landmark. The fire scene was immediately visible from the highway and town - and quick work limited the damage to about ten acres or so.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Asymmetrical Warfare. A lot of fires originating close to Free ways and roads. Jus' Sayin'

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I too am sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully your insurance premiums were up-to-date. I haven't read this entire thread, and I may not be the first to point out that you did not lose everything. I have reached a point in my life where I thank God every day that I wake up that morning. To be blessed with another day of life is a true blessing. Now that I'm an older guy, that thought crosses my mind literally every day. You, too, are a lucky man Taezzar.

Last edited:

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Damn it Man. I logged in yesterday for a bit and cant believe I missed this thread. Very sorry for all that you have lost Sir. I read through this whole thread and I gotta say I've been trying to put myself in your shoes, but I cant. It's too much. You've obviously been blessed with strength and determination. I know you stated that authorities believe this fire to have been lit by a power company or something, but just the fact that there are cowards out there intentionally trying to cause this deadly chaos should enrage every American. Take care Taezzar, if your ever north of Seattle and need a place to park your wheels let me know.

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Taezzar, I cannot wrap my mind around what you are going through. I don’t think I could handle the hand you have been dealt with a fraction of grace and resolve that you are showing. Just imagining your situation makes me have a new appreciation for my (sometimes) sorry state of circumstance.

I am so sorry this happened to you, and hope that you are able to rebuild and restore your homestead to it‘s former glory.
Please keep us updated whenever possible.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm extremely late to this thread and I'm absolutely stunned.

I have no words, but will echo what many others have already stated.
1). I'm so very sorry.
2). The grace & manner in which you're handling your situation is amazingly inspirational. I'm a better man just for "knowing" you.

I am not a religious man. But I'll just say, may your God bless you and provide for you in this time of need.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
By far, the strongest GIMer on this board imo. I do not have that kind of mental strength to handle adversity like what you are going through with the positive attitude that you have. All i have to stay is stay strong. It has to get better and it will get better.

This is a reminder to myself to stay humble and it is also a reminder for me to be fortunate to have what i have and that things can make a turn for the worse in a heartbeat. It is also a lession for me and others, that when adversity strikes, to fight back and be stronger than before.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++

Jarrod32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Just came across this thread. Damn. Brought back some memories...we lost our home to the floods here in Nebraska about a year and a half ago. I can tell you that the bad news is that your life will be very chaotic in the near future. The good news is that a fresh start is always possible, and it is possible to find yourself in a better place.

Peace and strength to you, Sir Taezzar. And, like the phoenix, may you rise better and stronger.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
By far, the strongest GIMer on this board imo. I do not have that kind of mental strength to handle adversity like what you are going through with the positive attitude that you have. All i have to stay is stay strong. It has to get better and it will get better.

This is a reminder to myself to stay humble and it is also a reminder for me to be fortunate to have what i have and that things can make a turn for the worse in a heartbeat. It is also a lession for me and others, that when adversity strikes, to fight back and be stronger than before.
I must be getting soft. I'm at the point I appreciate having running water.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If your vehicle overheats roll down the windows & turn heater on full blast. It works to help get rid of heat & if no heat comes out you know you are low on coolant.

Did you secure your stash?

Is the steel outbuilding building at all usable for anything?
The barn is only standing due to tenacity. The structural integrity has been severely compromised by the heat.
1599971547892.png

1599971577815.png

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
TAEZZAR
So sorry to hear of this. I'm certainly glad everyone was ok.
I wanted to share some things from my experience of going through this devastation in January 2019.
The emotions of losing almost everything you own are quite intense and enduring. It took weeks for the reality of it to really sink in. But we have to deal with it to move on. I can say that my faith in God certainly helped heal the hurt. Truly, the greatest loss I suffered was our cat of 15 years could not escape from the second floor and all the smoke. For a long while I was plagued by running "what if" scenarios in my mind. It's not helpful to do that. The emotional toll on my wife was greater. She didn't want to rebuild. It took quite a while for her feelings to change, and now she is anxiously awaiting for the new kitchen cabinets to be installed.
And just when you are starting to feel better emotionally, there are friends and relatives that want to impress upon you how sorry they are that you lost everything and how it must make you feel. I just wanted tell them, "I've already been there, dealt with it, and I'm trying to move on. But hey, have you heard about my GoFundMe page?"
My son started a GoFundMe page for me and notified a bunch of his friends and of course family. The donations that started coming in before insurance payments were very helpful. The Red Cross stopped by the night of the fire and gave us a $500 card to spend on current needs such as clothing and food. I imagine the Red Cross is overwhelmed in your area now. We also went to a local church ministry that gave us clothing for free. Other thrift stores in our area were also very helpful, but we needed some documentation to show we had a legitimate need (such as a red cross letter or fire report).
I don't know if you had a safe in the fire, like I did, but I had a Canon safe with PMs, ammo, and arms. A badly damaged Canon safe can be accessed by using an angle grinder with a metal cutting wheel and cutting out a large opening around the front handle. There will be a vertical bar that engages the locking bolts, and mechanism that drives this bar needs to be cut and then the bar can simply be moved to the unlocked position, if there is no debris in the door blocking the movement.
Any guns in the safe can be soaked (asap) in used motor oil to prevent further corrosion. All my guns outside the safe were complete trash. I purchased a small plastic swimming pool in which to immerse the guns. I had to run them through in multiple batches as they would all fit. The stainless steel guns are the best thing to have if you anticipate a fire :) but who does? Plastic accessories melt and wooden stocks char and burn and I would also be cautious with barrels losing their tempering.
I had insurance, but it was not a replacement value policy, so everything I claimed was depreciated over a 20 yr period. The things we had that were less than 100 years old were depreciated to about 20% of their value. We had a lot of old things, as well as antiques.
One of the best things anyone can do for insurance purposes (other than pray it never happens to you) is to have digital pics of everything you own, stored somewhere safe (but not in your safe)... your son's house, a trusted friend, etc. Trying to remember what you owned on top of everything else going on, coupled with the stress of losing it all, is very difficult.
Haven't started to deal with the PMs from the safe yet. But I will say this. Any PMs in plastic tubes turn into one gigantic hardened glob. I'm thinking of running them through another fire to separate them. What harm could it do?
I could say more, but I need to get back to work on my house.
I'm glad you are ok. Things may look bleak now and for a while, but trust me, it will get better. Every day is a new opportunity to plan your future. I look at each day as a new opportunity to serve God in whatever I do. And start a GoFundMe page. I know many on this forum would give.
Preacher, thanks for a great set of ideas. I am thinking of putting the plastic coated PM's in my tuna pressure cooker with some Dawn soap & run it at 15 labs for an hour to melt the plastic. Or maybe an acetone soak for an hour or two.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Preacher, thanks for a great set of ideas. I am thinking of putting the plastic coated PM's in my tuna pressure cooker with some Dawn soap & run it at 15 labs for an hour to melt the plastic. Or maybe an acetone soak for an hour or two.
on a curiosity note ...after things get settled a bit would be intresting how any non-lost PMs survived, condition, storage, recovery, issues with slabs, plastic flips, tarnish, etc ....

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
darn it Jarrod,

was trying to remember who it was that got caught in those floods,
knew someone was up close and personal with them, and here it was you,

thanks for reminding me,

that was down in the plains for those that don't remember,

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
As a last resort you could always separate the AU & AG and have them melted down into big lumps. :don't    know2:

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sad to hear about your loss Taez. Glad you and the missus are alright and have found accommodations I'll keep you in my prayers. Glad to hear you're handling it all so well too, I know I would be bummed as I slowly embraced the idea of rebuilding.