• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

TAEZZAR loses EVERYTHING.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
OK, guys, I just called Midwest & as you have said, they are ethical.
I too am ethical & told them about the gunpowder & debris, we both need no surprises. . Very unfortunately, they are afraid of the gun powder & casings (both steel & brass). They said this will be quite difficult to do. They DO NOT return metals, they send a check. I DO NOT want the value recorded. They will return approx. 80% on G & 70% on S. He also was taken back on the weight of it all.:sick 2:

On a good note, the insurance co. called & all I can say is they are taking great care of us !!!!:finished:
So, allowing for the loss because of condition - 80 percent of value - are they going to be able to give you a close-to-fair assay of your gold and silver, separate from the other metal debris?

I expect that's a heavy loss in dollars, but it could have been far worse. And it's probably better than trying to learn to refine and separate precious metals in your shop yourself - which could lead to greater losses, health problems, and contaminated end product.

Someone coming out of what you've come out of, with only an 80-percent loss, is truly good fortune, in my opinion.

(And yes, FWIW, I can imagine the bite. My PM stash is in the low-middle six figures; and a 20-percent loss would really hurt, also...)

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Can they be separated with an old junk knife / cleaver? You have gold, silver & ammo all melted together, correct?

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Any chance they cover the Au/Ag?
I think he is asking if your insurance covers your loss with regard to PMs.
Looks like they will cover $5K - a drop in a huge bucket.
I was thinking if Midwest is going to do a custom refine for his lot...why not get a custom mold or stamp?

GIM-TAEZZAR

Survival Stores

Salvaged from the Oregon Arson Battle of 2020

I think that is a great idea.
Oooops, I forgot the enhanced photo
detail.png

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I think that is a great idea.
True history will have to be recorded with such items. Already the Official Mediuh are spinning their lies...Glow Ball Warming.

Folk tales, private photos (probably they will need to be printed out on archive paper) and relics, are how people will know what truly happened.

And IMHO this is only the opening act. We are seeing Soros money and the Davos Elites seeding worldwide chaos - as they turn the whole of the West into one huge Stanley-Milgram experiment.

And turn us into serfs and lab-rats.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Correct...was just wondering if insurance would cover your Pm’s.
That usually requires a separate and expensive rider. Plus you have to detail exactly what it is for them to write the policy. Also goes for jewelry I believe.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Yep, and so much for the hiding PMs in a bucket filled w/ nails and screws. " NOOOO"
:mining::gold::mining::troll::mining:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Yep, and so much for the hiding PMs in a bucket filled w/ nails and screws. " NOOOO"
:mining::gold::mining::troll::mining:
Valid observation. But a fireproof safe would have drawn ransackers and looters like a magnet, after the fire. And if it were not bolted to the floor, they'd have hauled it off.

The loss would have been, let's say, greater.

Safe-Deposit Box? In the past, sure Now? Banks have become extension agents of the Deep State and the Fed. Chase and Wells Fargo both now, forbid the storing of currency and bullion, in their SD boxes. Other banks, probably, as well - since these edicts don't happen in a vacuum.

I expect when TSHTF - meaning, in about seven weeks - a lot of people will find out about how secure a safe-deposit box really is, and who "their" bank really works for.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Valid observation. But a fireproof safe would have drawn ransackers and looters like a magnet, after the fire. And if it were not bolted to the floor, they'd have hauled it off.

The loss would have been, let's say, greater.

Safe-Deposit Box? In the past, sure Now? Banks have become extension agents of the Deep State and the Fed. Chase and Wells Fargo both now, forbid the storing of currency and bullion, in their SD boxes. Other banks, probably, as well - since these edicts don't happen in a vacuum.

I expect when TSHTF - meaning, in about seven weeks - a lot of people will find out about how secure a safe-deposit box really is, and who "their" bank really works for.
The only real safeguard is to shove it all up the butt, 'but' that has its own set of unique challenges

:winks2:

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I'm thinking "in the ground" may be the best. Get the exact gps co-ord from your phone and start shoveling. Not near a foundation where there might be excavation but in an open area not likely to be developed. Or under the pig pen.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
One thing you can smile about TAEZ:

If you had all that stuff in FIAT... you would not have a fargin dime. What you do have is a numismatic disaster. Otherwise, you have melted PM's that have not really changed at all.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Hmmm. You mean like, Captain Kidd?
That didn't work out so well, either.
Kidd didn't have a phone (gps). But true, nothing is foolproof.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm thinking "in the ground" may be the best. Get the exact gps co-ord from your phone and start shoveling. Not near a foundation where there might be excavation but in an open area not likely to be developed. Or under the pig pen.
Another idea, is to cut a hole in your garage floor, bury a safe of the size you can handle, insulate & cover it up with a large oil drip pan, with old dirty oil on it and around it. :don't know:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
'specially when you have nosy neighbors.
"neighbors" :don't know:, we got rid those pesky things 20 years ago :troll: ! Our "neighbors" have feathers or fur ! :2 thumbs up:
They don't lie, cheat nor steal ! :dog::thumbs up 2:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
we got rid those pesky things 20 years ago
Many of us don't have that option.
(getting rid of pesky neighbors, that is)
Not that I'd mind clearing out a 300 yard radius field of fire tho...

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sure you do....we can set you up in a mini house in the middle of the "back 40".....you can earn your keep being a scare crow keeping critters outa the field

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
After having a meth freek neighbor, that held a gun on my wife, IN OUR YARD. I had dreams & actual thoughts of shooting him. :hunt::hang: He would stand uphill from our house at night with a rifle. I could have taken one shot, put everything away & go back to bed, BUT, we thought moving would be better.
We left that residence the very evening that the 911 false flag. We had quite the exodus from commiefornia. That is another story, for another time.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Another idea, is to cut a hole in your garage floor, bury a safe of the size you can handle, insulate & cover it up with a large oil drip pan, with old dirty oil on it and around it. :don't know:
That’s a bit of an upgrade on the John Wick safe under concrete, in the basement. Your’s is more camouflaged.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
"neighbors" :don't know:, we got rid those pesky things 20 years ago :troll: ! Our "neighbors" have feathers or fur ! :2 thumbs up:
They don't lie, cheat nor steal ! :dog::thumbs up 2:
Unfortunately, at this point, your neighbors are...ashes. If they lived, they're burned out, too.

Partly because your "neighbors" some dozens of miles down, are SJWs whipped into insanity by the Community Organizers, who've then set out to burn out folks like yourself. And me, if I were in that area.

Trees, flowers, chirping birds, and those wonderful leather bags of venison, are all great to have around. But the society and culture you're in, also matter.

Recall, in Couer d'Alene, closer to me than you, I think...the same BLM-Antifa agitators showed face, three months ago...and got run out of town at gunpoint. Not by cops; by citizens.

I'm not being judgmental or critical here, but only observing.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Maybe try separating the brass, steel, and lead (after thoroughly checking for any undischarged rounds) from the pm's with a propane torch and clean it up a little - send a sample for assay, I don't think 80/70% sounds that great. I wouldn't dismiss the idea of casting your own bars and stamping weight, purity, and your mark - it would have to be worth more than 80/70.

Or, you can refine the silver using the below method, and then get a furnace and pour your own bars.

How to Refine Silver

By Laura Hageman Updated March 28, 2017

When refining silver you want to make sure you do this outside where there is plenty of ventilation. Give yourself plenty of room in order to have a quicker dissolving reaction from the silver. Depending on how much silver you have to refine will depend on how many 5 gallon buckets you will need. You can have larger buckets as well just as long as there is enough room for a reaction of bubbling and fuming you will get during this process. You can refine silver using acid only or acid and baking soda.

Step 1
Put 150 ml of nitric acid for every ounce of silver you have in each bucket. Do not overload the bucket since it could overflow. You will need about two to three times more room than the amount of silver in the bucket. You will see the reaction of bubbling and fuming which can take at least 30 minutes. Once this stops you can move onto the next step.

Step 2
Take the acid and the dissolved silver and pour it into another bucket. Don't allow solid pieces to be poured with the silver and acid since it will contaminate the silver. From here you will add an ounce of silver precipitant crystals or SAC to every 40 ounces of dissolved silver. This will develop silver that will sink to the bottom of the acid. Give 30 minutes or more. Then pour out the acid. Neutralize and dispose of the acid by filtering it making sure that no particles of silver are lost.
Step 3
Wash the silver thoroughly. You want to rinse off any acid remaining on the silver. Then add about three or four drops of aqua ammonia which will appear blue if there's traces of acid left. If so, then continue rinsing and reapply the ammonia. Do not add too much ammonia since it could damage the silver. Then dry.
Step 4
Use baking soda along with karo pancake syrup, salt, water and Red Devil drain cleaner in order to use a different process of refining silver. It is basically the same procedures with the nitric acid but this way may be easier to not lose any silver particles. You will begin by dissolving the silver with acid in the plastic bucket. Add salt to acid until white clumps stop appearing in the acid. Then pour off the acid into another bucket.
Step 5
Add baking soda to the acid. Add about two tablespoons of baking soda which will neutralize it. Then filter the white precipitants that the salt had formed which is pure silver chloride. Rinse the silver with water. Then add the Red Devil drain cleaner to the silver chloride until it turns black. Rinse with water again. Then add karo syrup until the particles turn silver. This will result in refined silver. Be sure to rinse and make it clean of any extra chemicals left on it.
Things You'll Need

• Rubber apron
  • Rubber gloves
  • Goggles
  • Stir rod made of wood or plastic
  • At least 5-gallon buckets (3 or more)
  • Melting furnace
  • Filter
  • Concentrated nitric acid
  • Water

https://www.sapling.com/4472222/refine-silver

Refining gold:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a19429/the-art-and-science-of-refining-gold-at-home/

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Maybe try separating the brass, steel, and lead (after thoroughly checking for any undischarged rounds) from the pm's with a propane torch and clean it up a little - send a sample for assay, I don't think 80/70% sounds that great. I wouldn't dismiss the idea of casting your own bars and stamping weight, purity, and your mark - it would have to be worth more than 80/70.

Or, you can refine the silver using the below method, and then get a furnace and pour your own bars.

How to Refine Silver

By Laura Hageman Updated March 28, 2017

When refining silver you want to make sure you do this outside where there is plenty of ventilation. Give yourself plenty of room in order to have a quicker dissolving reaction from the silver. Depending on how much silver you have to refine will depend on how many 5 gallon buckets you will need. You can have larger buckets as well just as long as there is enough room for a reaction of bubbling and fuming you will get during this process. You can refine silver using acid only or acid and baking soda.

Step 1
Put 150 ml of nitric acid for every ounce of silver you have in each bucket. Do not overload the bucket since it could overflow. You will need about two to three times more room than the amount of silver in the bucket. You will see the reaction of bubbling and fuming which can take at least 30 minutes. Once this stops you can move onto the next step.

Step 2
Take the acid and the dissolved silver and pour it into another bucket. Don't allow solid pieces to be poured with the silver and acid since it will contaminate the silver. From here you will add an ounce of silver precipitant crystals or SAC to every 40 ounces of dissolved silver. This will develop silver that will sink to the bottom of the acid. Give 30 minutes or more. Then pour out the acid. Neutralize and dispose of the acid by filtering it making sure that no particles of silver are lost.
Step 3
Wash the silver thoroughly. You want to rinse off any acid remaining on the silver. Then add about three or four drops of aqua ammonia which will appear blue if there's traces of acid left. If so, then continue rinsing and reapply the ammonia. Do not add too much ammonia since it could damage the silver. Then dry.
Step 4
Use baking soda along with karo pancake syrup, salt, water and Red Devil drain cleaner in order to use a different process of refining silver. It is basically the same procedures with the nitric acid but this way may be easier to not lose any silver particles. You will begin by dissolving the silver with acid in the plastic bucket. Add salt to acid until white clumps stop appearing in the acid. Then pour off the acid into another bucket.
Step 5
Add baking soda to the acid. Add about two tablespoons of baking soda which will neutralize it. Then filter the white precipitants that the salt had formed which is pure silver chloride. Rinse the silver with water. Then add the Red Devil drain cleaner to the silver chloride until it turns black. Rinse with water again. Then add karo syrup until the particles turn silver. This will result in refined silver. Be sure to rinse and make it clean of any extra chemicals left on it.
Things You'll Need

• Rubber apron
  • Rubber gloves
  • Goggles
  • Stir rod made of wood or plastic
  • At least 5-gallon buckets (3 or more)
  • Melting furnace
  • Filter
  • Concentrated nitric acid
  • Water

https://www.sapling.com/4472222/refine-silver

Refining gold:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a19429/the-art-and-science-of-refining-gold-at-home/
Thanks, I will try a small batch to start with.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Unfortunately, at this point, your neighbors are...ashes. If they lived, they're burned out, too.

Partly because your "neighbors" some dozens of miles down, are SJWs whipped into insanity by the Community Organizers, who've then set out to burn out folks like yourself. And me, if I were in that area.

Trees, flowers, chirping birds, and those wonderful leather bags of venison, are all great to have around. But the society and culture you're in, also matter.

Recall, in Couer d'Alene, closer to me than you, I think...the same BLM-Antifa agitators showed face, three months ago...and got run out of town at gunpoint. Not by cops; by citizens.

I'm not being judgmental or critical here, but only observing.
CJ, we have neighbors (I exaggerated a bit) & all our neighbors made it out, that I know of. Actually our neighbors are all pretty good & some are exceptional, as they are the Red Neck's, of the Red Neck's !!!
We ALL will be armed & dangerous as far as looters/trouble makers are concerned.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Silver) That is a wicked Pancake / Waffle recipe. Jus' Sayin'

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm just going to guess that dissolving that much metal is going to take forever. It would work to separate silver from any gold as pure Nitric acid won't effect gold. But it will dissolve must other metals I believe. So that will complicate getting the chemistry to work as expected. I suppose it's worth a try. That will put off toxic NO and NO2 gas so keep that in mind.

The lead and brass will readily be attacked by the acid. The steel depends on grade and I'm not as sure.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Some photos

Some mags & ammo
Fire 4.JPG

Fire 7.JPG

What was my lathe, a 17 x 48
Fire 10.JPG

What was my full size mill
Fire 11.JPG

Some of my inspection/set-up tools
Fire 12.JPG

Coins & debris
Fire 13.JPG

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Taez:

no-police-body.jpg

credit to <SLV>

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That’s a bit of an upgrade on the John Wick safe under concrete, in the basement. Your’s is more camouflaged.
Man I loved:drive by: that safe and ALL the TOYS!!!!! :hunt::robber::gold::fire:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm just going to guess that dissolving that much metal is going to take forever. It would work to separate silver from any gold as pure Nitric acid won't effect gold. But it will dissolve must other metals I believe. So that will complicate getting the chemistry to work as expected. I suppose it's worth a try. That will put off toxic NO and NO2 gas so keep that in mind.

The lead and brass will readily be attacked by the acid. The steel depends on grade and I'm not as sure.
Small test batches with respirator & fan !! :chef:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Small test batches with respirator & fan !! :chef:
Da hell with a fan. You need to get a blower or two. The kind they use to dry out carpets and things.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Da hell with a fan. You need to get a blower or two. The kind they use to dry out carpets and things.
My son is coming back, again, from So. Cal. on Saturday & is bringing an electric & a backpack gas blower, as we have a huge amount of white powder under the metal roofing - NO not that kind, stop it !!!! :rotf::rotf::rotf: