• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Taking pms out of the country

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
The wife and I are toying with the idea of moving abroad. We have found some nice places on the cheeeeeep, in a less volatile atmosphere.

Are there any rules for hauling 'the horde' out of the country, and to another one?

Travel would be via airline, 'the horde' hauled in carry on(s), destination would be central Europe.

I would say asking for a friend, but its the wife, shes curious.

o_O

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah I think that would be risky.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
whats the solution for risky behavior?

The new place would be paid for with bank issued money, already taxed, 'the horde' is for what it was always for, hauling ass if need be.

Last edited:

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Europe?

If you had said Alaska or a remote island somewhere then maybe I would understand. But Europe, do you really think they come out of this better off than we do? What about your self protection devices, you are not concerned about taking those with you?

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
In this country of origin, my self protection devices can be imported, after a bit of 'schooling' and certification on my part. my reloading setup is even permissible.

I am a farmer by trade, looking to get around a bunch of other farmers who speak a different language. I have been to the area extensively, I wouldnt want to try to throw riot there. It would go badly.

I do have a good friend in the area, a greasy ass farmer and mechanic w boots on the ground, not going into it blind. just trying for figure out some of the more complicated unknowns.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yes, I got it. Very best to you and travel safe. Most of us don't have that as an option, we will be forced to remain in...

The land of the free and the home of the brave.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
The horde is not yuuge, and its yellow. Its not so tiny though, that it will fit up my ass.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Yes, I got it. Very best to you and travel safe. Most of us don't have that as an option, we will be forced to remain in...
Life is all about choices isnt it.

I find this to be a misnomer........ 'The land of the free and the home of the brave.'

Its all going to bits.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Both you and the wife can carry 10k in monetary instruments each without declaring, unless something changed recently.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Both you and the wife can carry 10k in monetary instruments each without declaring, unless something changed recently.
is that face value?

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I find this to be a misnomer........ 'The land of the free and the home of the brave.'
Its all going to bits.
We are the last very large and powerful nation, with a culture of liberty AND with the right to have guns to protect us.

When we fall into tyranny, the remainder of the world not already there, quickly follows and worse.

Those are the facts which history shows us. I don't think this time will be any different.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
We are the last very large and powerful nation, with a culture of liberty AND with the right to have guns to protect us.

When we fall into tyranny, the remainder of the world not already there, quickly follows and worse.

Those are the facts which history shows us. I don't think this time will be any different.
That's a myth, lots of countries have more freedom than this police state.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Thank you sir, that was the kind of practical information I was looking for.

I did not mean to begin a debate, of my country is better than your country, was not my intention.

FWIW FM< large and powerful seems like bloated and overextended in my dim view.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Life is about adventure and following your dreams. Much better than the absolute pursuit of Jbucks.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
The concept of money is an abstract thing. At the right time of year, potatoes are money, beets are money, coal, firewood? how about a hog butchered in OCT for holiday meat when the family comes round? how about half a truck load of cabage for kraut, whats that worth? Its all relative.

Maslow, whoever the guy was he came w a heirarchy of needs, shelter, food, security, on down the line. I remember it from college psych classes so long ago, and it still makes sense to me.

I have been there before, I think its something I need to pursue to improve my quality of life.

I really dont owe anybody anything, I already paid my tab.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Its all going to bits.
I don't have any advice to offer on the subject; but I wish you the best. We lived on an foreign island for over a year and felt more free there than here. We ended up coming back primarily because we were just too young for the move (all the ex-pats were 30-40 years our senior) and we didn't speak the local language.

edit: if you can get a Toyota Hilux wherever you are moving; seriously consider it. they are a great little indestructible truck, I miss mine.

Last edited:

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Switzerland will do well, I think.

Europe?
If you had said Alaska or a remote island somewhere then maybe I would understand. But Europe, do you really think they come out of this better off than we do? What about your self protection devices, you are not concerned about taking those with you?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
In this country of origin, my self protection devices can be imported, after a bit of 'schooling' and certification on my part. my reloading setup is even permissible.

I am a farmer by trade, looking to get around a bunch of other farmers who speak a different language. I have been to the area extensively, I wouldnt want to try to throw riot there. It would go badly.

I do have a good friend in the area, a greasy ass farmer and mechanic w boots on the ground, not going into it blind. just trying for figure out some of the more complicated unknowns.
I would venture your issues will be more on the side of the next country. Many EU nations have a VALUE ADDED TAX ( VAT).
If the country allows you to bring in and own gold there is a very good chance there will be a tax on you for bringing it in.
Best of Luck.

Let us know what you find out.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I wouldn't risk it. You don't have to look very far to find numerous examples of the jack boots confiscating much less than that- even on domestic flights. Forget flights- even just driving down a county road minding your own business. You would be tempting fate and likely wishing you hadn't.

Your cash and securities are guilty until proven innocent. Laws? Pfft...

Bury it here somewhere. Out in the boonies or even under their noses... You would be better off selling it then wiring the proceeds to yourself overseas, then re-buying your gold once you get where you're going. And that's assuming that you're off to a country that doesn't treat money worse than we do here.

mnmom

Seeker
Seeker
Jewelry for the Mrs. A few very nice pieces such as a charm bracelet with fractionals as adornments can work if you pair it with a nice cardigan. Not that I've done that or anything....

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Here is an offshore PM storage company that would store your PMs for a small fee each year.

"Our global client base strategically store an important part of their wealth in Switzerland in physical gold and silver outside the banking system. We are pleased to deliver a unique and exceptional service to our highly esteemed wealth preservation clientele in over 70 countries."

https://goldswitzerland.com/

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What value would metals carry where u plan on going?
Most counties value gold higher in local currency than the value in USDs. Plus getting hit w/ VAT.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
sell american coins/bullion before departing

arrive at new country and buy their country gold coins/bullion

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
is that face value?
that's a great point. a gold pre 33 or commem meets the specs for face value

andy gause used to tell a story of witnessing the fed gov taking a $20 bill as payment for an ultra rare gold coin. i think it was a 33 $20 gold - one of only a handful that were secreted out of the mint

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
whats the solution for risky behavior?

The new place would be paid for with bank issued money, already taxed, 'the horde' is for what it was always for, hauling ass if need be.
Body scanners and x-ray machines. Stay closer.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
i like a sack of old coins -- indian pennies, merc dimes, morgan dollars, nickels, quarters, etc......with a mix of pre 33 gold money mixed in. high value gold -- not the 1,000 dollar coins, but the 5,000 dollar coins....or the 10,000 dollar coins. depending on how big a boy are ya

my old coin collection. none of it is commodity. it's legal tender money

way better standing/odds than a gold bar or a roll of modern gold eagles

Last edited:

RebelYell

Seeker
Seeker
1. Given that you appear to be leaving I'm guessing privacy is not really your concern. There are forms you need to fill out to be absolutely safe. Sorry - I forget exactly which forms - but call up the customs people at the airport you are flying out of, and any airport you are changing planes at, explain exactly what you are doing and ask what forms are required, and get it in writing. Fill out the forms.

2. Alternatively, a few years ago, I flew around quite a bit with gold and silver coins just to see what got noticed. In my experience the US has never noticed 20 oz of gold or less. It will get noticed in transit airports in Asia - e.g. Japan / Hong Kong / Singapore - I think the x-ray machine operators are just more conscientious over there. But then again - once they look at it they just hand it back - none of their business. You might get away with more than this if you just left it as loose coins instead of in 10 oz tubes.

3. I did take 100 oz of silver in five 20-oz tubes once and that did get opened by the US customs people. They only looked at the top coin in one of the tubes though. My guess is if you stuck a few gold coins near the bottom of each tube they would never notice.

4. If you're flying through the EU there are different rules on taxes depending on where you change planes. But, at least as of a couple of years ago, you could fly through Germany without paying any tax as long as you didn't exit customs, and Switzerland was fine.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Here is an offshore PM storage company that would store your PMs for a small fee each year.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, and when would they give it back to you ???? :make happy::don't    know2::don't    know2::don't    know2::shit happens::rotf::rotf:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yeah I think that would be risky.
I wouldn't risk it. You don't have to look very far to find numerous examples of the jack boots confiscating much less than that- even on domestic flights.
Your cash and securities are guilty until proven innocent. Laws? Pfft...
I was considering Costa Rica, when it dawned on me that my PM's & 2nd Amend. toys would be a problem.

BEWARE, when you enter a foreign country, you cannot know all the rules AND some "agents" do not play by the rules. If they find that you are carrying PM's, they may very well want to "share" in your wealth. Once they take it, you will play Billy Hell getting it back, IF EVER !!!
JMHO, but based on a lot of international travel!

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Maybe one of these plated with silver to make it look relatively inexpensive

1592653023303.png