• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Tanker collided with oil barges, one capsized, major spill, Houston

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Tanker collided with oil barges, one capsized, major spill, Houston
NIKOLAY TORKINNewsMay 11, 2019 3:24 am

LPG tanker GENESIS RIVER collided with barges pushed by tug VOYAGER on the Houston Ship Channel at Light 71-74, at around 1515 LT May 10, while proceeding down the Channel, en route from Houston to Port Said. One barge capsized, another one was badly damaged, leaking its’ cargo of reformate, refined product that is blended with gasoline to boost octane. Each barge carried some 25,000 barrels of reformate. Some 25,000 barrels feared to already leak. Port Houston Fire Department fireboat plus oil spill response, air monitoring and salvage personnel are responding, the Coast Guard said.

Tanker, which suffered bow damages, was taken to Shady Oaks harbor, just abeam of collision site, and berthed.

LPG tanker GENESIS RIVER, IMO 9791224, dwt 54149, built 2017, flag Panama, manager K LINE ENERGY SHIP MANAGEMENT, Japan (EQUASIS).

Post navigation
Maritime Bulletin Daily May 09 – 10
Maritime Bulletin Daily May 10 – 11
AUTHOR

// NIKOLAY TORKIN
My name is Nikolay Torkin, I’m Merchant Marine Master, presently in command of feeder container ship trading in South East Asia. My family lives in Prague, Czech Republic. Mikhail provides me with daily accidents reports, I send him information with regards to accidents and container ships.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
At what point do pilots board to take over?

and a ship with no power is a terrible thing indeed

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
At what point do pilots board to take over?

and a ship with no power is a terrible thing indeed
outbound - harbor pilot boards at the dock, takes it out to the gulf of mexico (or to another dock on Galveston bay)

inbound - harbor pilot boards in the gulf of mexico, takes it all the way to the dock in the bay

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've got MSM news on right now. Not a word about the incident. WTF?
I thought the LEFTIES, and Greenies would be squealing loud about something like this.