• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

teachers in england notice a problem with the kidz

EO 11110

(censor) from a long line of (censors)
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

if this is true -- what is the cause(s)?​

Some children arriving in primary education are unable to say their own NAMES, teachers report is set to reveal - with many not toilet trained, still eating baby food and one pupil even brought to school in a shopping trolley​

• Nottingham headteacher said her pupils spend very little time on literacy or numeracy because most of the time is spent on basic care like toilet training
  • Final report for The Times Education Commission is being released Wednesday
  • Nearly a third of five-year-olds in are 'not reaching good level of development'
By Lizzie May For Mailonline

Published: 04:35 EDT, 13 June 2022 | Updated: 07:12 EDT, 13 June 2022

Children arriving at primary schools in Britain are unable to say their own names, with many not trained and still eating baby foods, a report is set to reveal.

A year-long inquiry into the state of the UK education system will reveal its results on Wednesday after finding out from dozens of headteachers, experts and leaders that early-years education is in a shocking state.

One headteacher from Nottinghamshire told of how little time was spent on the essential lessons in literacy or numeracy in her reception classes as teachers had to direct their focus on basic care - with many not toilet trained or able to say their own names.

She said that many of the four and five-year-olds in her school had only drunk from baby bottles, and when thirsty, would say the term 'bot-bot' rather than knowing how to communicate that they wanted a drink. Others are still on baby foods.

Her school has even had to employ care workers just to help change nappies of her pupils. She added that one child was brought into school in a shopping trolley as the parent found it to be the 'cheapest mode of transport'.

Children arriving at primary schools in Britain are unable to say their own names, with many not trained and still eating baby foods, The Times Education Commission is set to reveal this week (file photo)

Children arriving at primary schools in Britain are unable to say their own names, with many not trained and still eating baby foods, The Times Education Commission is set to reveal this week (file photo)

Ahead of the final report for The Times Education Commission, she told the newspaper that 50 per cent of the children in reception and nursery are not toilet trained.

The Nottinghamshire head continued: 'We are parenting in so many different ways. I need to do an assembly on eating with a knife and fork because the children will eat a full Sunday dinner with their hands.

'We’re not teaching them to write their names, we’re teaching them to scribble.'

The astounding results will launch an initiative that will encourage parents to talk and play with their children so their first interactions in the education system can focus more on the curriculum rather than basic life skills.

The Times spoke to another headteacher in Cumbria who said that children were coming to the school being pushed in buggies until they were around six or seven, and with many still sucking on dummies.

Her school also runs parenting classes and adult literacy lessons to 'address barriers to learning'.

Nearly a third of five-year-olds in England are 'not reaching a good level of development' and deprived pupils are around five months academically behind their richer classmates by the time they begin school.

And by the age of 16, this gap widens to 18 months, a YouGov poll by early years charity Kindred Squared found.

In 2020, 46 per cent of pupils starting in reception were not ready for school had risen from 35 per cent the previous year. The pandemic is said to have been a catalyst to the issue.

Another teacher, from West Yorkshire, revealed that they have around half of their children who are not 'school ready', but this year it is at a staggering 80 to 90 per cent.

Felicity Gillespie, director at Kindred Squared, said: 'One child I heard about needed intensive physiotherapy because they didn’t have the strength in their legs to walk the amount they needed to at school.

'Some children spend so much time in front of the TV they’re physically not developing their muscle tone.

'Some will blame parents but we all want the best for our children and teachers say what isn’t being made clear enough to parents is what being developmentally ready for school actually means.'

The final report of the commission says that the government has to 'overcome squeamishness' about getting directly involved in family life, suggesting that there should be more in the way of home visits and drop-in centres.

specsaregood

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Picture showed 4 white kids. Is the article talking about regular old English kids or the new group in the country?
Thought the same thing. I know this is engLand but i bet the US isnt far off. homeschool is the only hope for our (GIM2) kids.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picture showed 4 white kids. Is the article talking about regular old English kids or the new group in the country?
I'm pretty sure that we all know the answer to that question.
What else could it be?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The parents ought to be thrown in jail for child abuse.
Or just send 'em back to where they came from and fix the problem for good.
....and I think we all know what real problem is.

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Some children arriving in primary education are unable to say their own NAMES, teachers report is set to reveal - with many not toilet trained, still eating baby food and one pupil even brought to school in a shopping trolley​

• Nottingham headteacher said her pupils spend very little time on literacy or numeracy because most of the time is spent on basic care like toilet training
  • Nearly a third of five-year-olds in are 'not reaching good level of development'

Children arriving at primary schools in Britain are unable to say their own names, with many not trained and still eating baby foods, a report is set to reveal.

A year-long inquiry into the state of the UK education system will reveal its results on Wednesday after finding out from dozens of headteachers, experts and leaders that early-years education is in a shocking state.

One headteacher from Nottinghamshire told of how little time was spent on the essential lessons in literacy or numeracy in her reception classes as teachers had to direct their focus on basic care - with many not toilet trained or able to say their own names.

She said that many of the four and five-year-olds in her school had only drunk from baby bottles, and when thirsty, would say the term 'bot-bot' rather than knowing how to communicate that they wanted a drink. Others are still on baby foods.

Her school has even had to employ care workers just to help change nappies of her pupils. She added that one child was brought into school in a shopping trolley as the parent found it to be the 'cheapest mode of transport'.

Ahead of the final report for The Times Education Commission, she told the newspaper that 50 per cent of the children in reception and nursery are not toilet trained.

The Nottinghamshire head continued: 'We are parenting in so many different ways. I need to do an assembly on eating with a knife and fork because the children will eat a full Sunday dinner with their hands.

'We’re not teaching them to write their names, we’re teaching them to scribble.'

The astounding results will launch an initiative that will encourage parents to talk and play with their children so their first interactions in the education system can focus more on the curriculum rather than basic life skills.

The Times spoke to another headteacher in Cumbria who said that children were coming to the school being pushed in buggies until they were around six or seven, and with many still sucking on dummies.

Her school also runs parenting classes and adult literacy lessons to 'address barriers to learning'.

Nearly a third of five-year-olds in England are 'not reaching a good level of development' and deprived pupils are around five months academically behind their richer classmates by the time they begin school.

And by the age of 16, this gap widens to 18 months, a YouGov poll by early years charity Kindred Squared found.

In 2020, 46 per cent of pupils starting in reception were not ready for school had risen from 35 per cent the previous year. The pandemic is said to have been a catalyst to the issue.

Another teacher, from West Yorkshire, revealed that they have around half of their children who are not 'school ready', but this year it is at a staggering 80 to 90 per cent.

Felicity Gillespie, director at Kindred Squared, said: 'One child I heard about needed intensive physiotherapy because they didn’t have the strength in their legs to walk the amount they needed to at school.

'Some children spend so much time in front of the TV they’re physically not developing their muscle tone.

'Some will blame parents but we all want the best for our children and teachers say what isn’t being made clear enough to parents is what being developmentally ready for school actually means.'

The final report of the commission says that the government has to 'overcome squeamishness' about getting directly involved in family life, suggesting that there should be more in the way of home visits and drop-in centres.
The Brits are even more loony than the Americans

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
All those Instant Britons that flooded in, five years ago.

"Migrants!" YIPPEE! We're SO broad-minded and virtuous!

This is the reality. Those people came from the Bronze Age where they lived, because they belonged in the Bronze Age.

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i think they are just early compared to america. we used to laugh at them for having spy cameras everywhere.......oops

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The parents ought to be thrown in jail for child abuse.
oh come one.. read the article carefully. I would like to know what percentage of children fall into this categroey. The whole point of the article is parents can't take care of their kids so the government has to intervene.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Last edited:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
oh come one.. read the article carefully. I would like to know what percentage of children fall into this categroey. The whole point of the article is parents can't take care of their kids so the government has to intervene.

What was I thinking.........people shouldnt be held responsible for teaching their younglings to shit in the toilet and say their own names.

What we need in the world is a few more home induced retards.

:ponder:

if the kid hasnt heard his own name enough to be able to say it, I wonder what the parents call em?

'Hey you stupid little mutherfucker, get me a beer.'

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Welfare breeds retarded children and parents. That’s what happens when you take away consequences for bad actions.

How soon until the parents can’t say or spell their own name?

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
the teachers are always complaining...

(Insert name here) Can't Understand CRT
(Insert name here) Can't Perform Common Core Math
(Insert name here) Can't Pee On It's Own

. . . and that's bad, mmkaay?

but, (Insert Name Here) doesn't feel like a human being, says it wants to be a cat, and the teachers now support that...but what has them upset is, that the parents don't support that...

so...which way would they prefer it to be?

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What was I thinking.........people shouldnt be held responsible for teaching their younglings to shit in the toilet and say their own names.

What we need in the world is a few more home induced retards.

:ponder:

if the kid hasnt heard his own name enough to be able to say it, I wonder what the parents call em?

'Hey you stupid little mutherfucker, get me a beer.'
Oh Coop, don't get me started...no doubt there are abusive and negligent situations that need intervention. However if you ask governments all kids need their intervention.

This is from a recent schoolboard meeting here in Wake County. The idiot schoolboard member STILL wearing a mask is telling parents they should not have parental rights.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
5 years old. Here is a clue. Kids can't even wipe their own noses at 5

LoL, I thought my name was "get down from there" at 5 years old

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
mine was:
Stop It

:summer:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I used to be against abortion, not anymore. A few months ago, I realized how many more miscreants wed have to deal with (raised poorly) if there was no abortion.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
how about the one's who had the answers we so desperately need right now?

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
5 years old. Here is a clue. Kids can't even wipe their own noses at 5

LoL, I thought my name was "get down from there" at 5 years old
I was reading at five.

It made for some difficulties.

FWIW, I got the full panoply of vaccines at around six or seven, plus allergy desensitization shots. I had extreme hayfever.

And, coincidentially, that was where I ceased to be an exceptional student.

There wasn't "the Spectrum" in those days, but I was showing various basic social deficiencies. I believe, had I been tested today, I'd show on the autism spectrum. Not deep in; but some tendencies.

This whole Vaxx food-fight has led me to re-examine my trust in vaccines...ALL of them, and juxtapose them against today's epidemic of autism.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
School arent engineered to teach.

They are engineered to fill cubical farms and to instill institutionalized conformity.

Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone. Neil was right

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh Coop, don't get me started...no doubt there are abusive and negligent situations that need intervention. However if you ask governments all kids need their intervention.

This is from a recent schoolboard meeting here in Wake County. The idiot schoolboard member STILL wearing a mask is telling parents they should not have parental rights.

Well he sounds retarded or like a conniving communist. Perhaps he should be aborted.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Well he sounds retarded or like a conniving communist. Perhaps he should be aborted.
This is one of the idiots who has plagued us through the pandemic. By the grace of God he is retiring. In fact most of the current school board members are not running again. BTW, guess what he does for a living? He is a college professor.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Just scratch the surface on the subject matter my bet is Fatherless Homes. The Western Economies LOVE being the Nanny State which actually is the "Daddy State". Males get the females pregnant and allowed to walk away. Baby mommas and pregos get welfare and social netting just enough to keep the "stud" away. One female is easier to control with the financial carrot(s) from "Daddy Gov" than to deal with a Husband and wife team that show their offspring love, family responsibilities , and social norms.
Nanny / Daddy State - A bastardization of society and social norms.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I used to be against abortion, not anymore. A few months ago, I realized how many more miscreants wed have to deal with (raised poorly) if there was no abortion.
I want adult criminal abortion Premeditated Murder = Immediate Abortion along with Pedos / Child abusers .

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I want adult criminal abortion Premeditated Murder = Immediate Abortion along with Pedos / Child abusers .
There is no sign of justice in site GB

EO 11110

Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
in the book freakonomics the author claims that abortions reduce crime - as a large number of the baby kills are in the criminal shitholes

i would argue that welfare is equally/more relevant. more kidz = bigger checks

imagine how bad the blm terrorism would have been if no aborts

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
My kintergarten and 1st grade teachers were angry at my parents because I could already read and write. This was in 1983-4.
Samehere, started the kinder world in '78. I was left handed too, and could write my name, that pissed em off. I was an ornery little shit, im still left handed. They tried conversion therapy on me, but they never broke me, like john rambo.
37705512.jpg

They hated me there.

FADEAWAY

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Having lived and worked in England for 3 years..I can truthfully say that Pets receive more attention
then a lot of the kids !!!

AgBar

Commodore
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Samehere, started the kinder world in '78. I was left handed too, and could write my name, that pissed em off. I was an ornery little shit, im still left handed. They tried conversion therapy on me, but they never broke me, like john rambo

They hated me there.

They tried that same crap on my lefty Dad, too.

And even as a righty, my handwriting was so bad that my early teachers just gave up on teaching me cursive and just let me print everything!:laughing:

wastrel

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also could read by age 5, which made the kindergarten teachers mad. They would make the other two boys and myself who could already read sit off by ourselves while they taught reading to the rest of the students. It was meant as a punishment, I'm sure, but we three had a lot more fun over there than the other kids were having.

I always thought I was right-handed, but my parents told me (years later) that when I started writing I would usually use my left hand. They didn't want me to go through the hassles of being left-handed, so they always "corrected" me to use my right. This might explain some of my personality quirks.

It was my two older sisters who taught me to read upside down, though. When the Sunday morning newspaper came, they'd grab the color comics section and sit on one side of the kitchen table to read through them. They wouldn't let me on their side, and would only condescend to permit me to read it after they were done with the whole thing. So I sat on the other side of the table, and eventually learned to read upside down so I could follow along without them knowing. They never did figure out why I suddenly stopped accepting the comics section from them after they'd read it; I'd already read it, too.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
tomorrows blm members