• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Tech question for iphone backup

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
A walking dragline smashed my phone the other day. Fortunately I had recently backed the phone up to my laptop a couple of days prior to the incident so, there was very little loss. I had turned automatic backups off a long time ago because it's a pain in the ass at the laptop. none of the preceding really matters. Here's what I want to do. I want to be able to backup my iphone 13 to an older iphone 10 each night while they sit together and charge. To be specific, The 10 is basically just used as a secondary alarm clock while the 13 is the primary phone (and alarm clock). Essentially, I want to be able to sync the phones every night most likely via Bluetooth. Is that even possible?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'd go to an Apple store and ask those folks. They know a whole lot more.

There's also your free 5G iCloud that will backup your phones. For 99c a month they'll give you 50G.

Both phones will auto backup to iCloud.

I do know you can share files across your devices. There's a setting for that.

Basically, if you take a picture on one it will push it to the other, or to iPads, computer etc. HOWEVER you'll blow through 1G of inet data in a short while. Pics are getting larger on the newer phones so all those pixels going and coming add up.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Call me paranoid but. I don't do clouds.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It ain't yours anymore once it's on someone elses cloud database. You do have the right to look at it. Much like your money in a bank account, it's considered the banks and they owe you a debit which somehow never got enshrined in law. That means you're SOL if they, the bank or the cloud, go down.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score