• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Ted Cruz Makes His Move, Strikes Fear In Hearts Of Corrupt Politicians

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
I applaud Ted Cruz for going through the motions but I have no expectations of his proposal becoming law.

Nancy Pelosi probably had to change her Depends undergarment when he did it though. LOL!

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Rep. Francis Rooney (R-Fla.) today introduced an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to impose term limits on members of Congress.
The amendment would limit U.S. senators to two six-year terms and members of the U.S. House of Representatives to three two-year terms.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
No one is irreplaceable, but I don't really trust the Cuban American, Cruz. Nancy, the Italian should have been retired a long time ago.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
I have a problem with Ted also since he refused to endorse Trump. But that just may be his personal issue of getting over (or not being able to get over) how the campaign rhetoric went.

He is still a strong constitutionalist. I wish his amendment to the Constitution had a chance.

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I have a problem with Ted also since he refused to endorse Trump. But that just may be his personal issue of getting over (or not being able to get over) how the campaign rhetoric went.

He is still a strong constitutionalist. I wish his amendment to the Constitution had a chance.
A ConCon is dangerous, because other amendments can be made concurrently.

IMO, the 10 Articles within the Bill of Rights are NOT amendments, since the original Constitution would not have been ratified without the BoR.

All subsequent amendments should be repealed.

fed.gov should either work within the confines of our original contract, or We the People should start from scratch.

Cruz should know the danger of a ConCon, so why is he pursuing it?

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
A ConCon is dangerous, because other amendments can be made concurrently.

IMO, the BoR are NOT a set of amendments, since the original Constitution would not have been ratified.

All other amendments should be repealed.

We the People should either work with our original contract, or start from scratch.

Cruz should know the danger of a ConCon, so why is he pursuing it?
I don't favor a constitutional convention either. But that is not the only way to pass an amendent to the Constitution. If fact, none of our current amendments were passed that way.

Article V of the Constitution prescribes how an amendment can become a part of the Constitution. While there are two ways, only one has ever been used. All 27 Amendments have been ratified after two-thirds of the House and Senate approve of the proposal and send it to the states for a vote. Then, three-fourths of the states must affirm the proposed Amendment.
The other method of passing an amendment requires a Constitutional Convention to be called by two-thirds of the legislatures of the States. That Convention can propose as many amendments as it deems necessary. Those amendments must be approved by three-fourths of the states.
The actual wording of Article V is: “The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.”

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Never happen, as long as Democrats have more than 1/3 of the seats in either house.
You can add the RINOs to that count, whom especially don't want term limits.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Never happen, as long as Democrats have more than 1/3 of the seats in either house.
You can add the RINOs to that count, whom especially don't want term limits.
Yep. That's why I said I have no expectation of it becoming the law of the land.
Sad but realistic.

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
But the Democrats want to rid us of the Electoral College for electing the President and Vice President. Maybe they could give in some for that?

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

TFW Q posts and your name is in the first line.

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
So they guy that Goldman Sachs bought years ago is going to rid DC of corrupt politicians?

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Ted plays the role of the constitutional conservative on this big stage we call Washington politics.
Every once in a while you have to make a nice headline for yourself to reassure his meatball constituents that they voted for the right guy.

I love how he waited till the Democrats took back the house to propose this little piece of kitsch theatre.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Sounds like most everyone here preferred that phony Irish 'Mexican', Beto instead. Careful what you wish for.

You just might get it in 2020.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Applaud the bill by Cruz and Rooney, but it has a snowball's chance in hell of being approved by the 535.

Of the 535, there are maybe a handful of good ones that will vote for it, and maybe a few others that will put on a good face.

The vast majority of the 535 will never cut off their nose to spite their face and their donors. The vast majority of the 535 enter politics wealthy and leave (if ever) extremely wealthy. No way the vast majority of the 535 vote to eliminate their personal gravy train.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I trust canadian teddy about as far as I can throw a piano.

He wasn't real happy after his campaign stop in Indiana! The reception was, shall we say, less cordial than he was used to.