• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Tenn. man charged with ramming his SUV into car with Obama/Biden sticker

Ifyouseekay

Banned
Reaction score
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A 70-year-old Nashville man was accused of ramming his sport utility vehicle several times into the back of a vehicle that had a Obama/Biden bumper sticker. Harry K. Weisiger, a retiree, made obscene gestures and pointed at the campaign sticker for President Barack Obama and running mate Joe Biden before he smashed into schoolteacher Mark Duren's car, police said. Weisiger has been charged with reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of the accident and refusing to take a field sobriety test.

The incident appears to be among the overheated partisan political atmosphere, including death threats sent to members of Congress and their families who supported health care reform.

Duren had picked up his 10-year-old daughter from school Thursday when he stopped near the Belmont University campus. An SUV pulled up behind his Toyota Camry and the driver began honking and gesturing angrily toward the bumper sticker, The Tennessean reported.

"I raised my hands palms up and shrugged. He then eased up behind my car so I could only see the grille of his SUV and blew his car horn, nonstop," Duren told the newspaper.

As Duren drove home, the SUV's driver continued making gestures and pointing at the sticker, according to a police report.

The driver, identified by Nashville police as Weisiger, accelerated and crashed into the bumper, directly over the sticker.

Duren tried to calm his frightened daughter as he stopped and Weisiger rammed it again, trying to push it off the road, police said. After a few more pushes, the SUV sped away and Duren called 911.

A neighbor followed the SUV to a grocery store, where police said they found Weisiger trying to pop a breath mint and insisting that he had "not much" to drink.

Weisiger's acquaintances described him as a responsible businessman and a father of four with no history of violent behavior.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/89553672.html?page=1&c=y

Defenestrator

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I'm mildly comforted to see that I'm not the only one who's been seized by the urge to crash into a car with an Obama/Biden sticker.

Thus far I have succeeded in restraining myself though.

The Rooster

Reaction score
I think its more fun to pull up to them and just start laughing at them...or give them one of these...:reddy:
Are they positive it was for the bumper sticker. Maybe this guy was one of those jack*sses that does 20mph in the left lane...:s10:

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
On a less violent note, has anyone else besides me noticed how FEW O/B stickers there are these days.

Right after the election, you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a car with a Barry/Joe bumper sticker on it.

THESE DAYS? I RARELY SEE THEM.

So, if YOU VOTED for OBAMA, why are you all so 'less proud' of your choice NOW?

It's ok, WE ALL KNOW WHY.

I just like to see liberals squirm when confronted, that's all.

Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for clunkers" program?

A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road. -Letterman

Last edited:
M

mrnhtbr2232

At this level, which is nothing but a harmless admission to the world the O-B sticker guy is an idiot, let him have his First Amendment. It's probably more than the left will ever extend to us.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I don't want anybody hurt, but I do have to fight the urge to vandalize the vehicle to just below the point of insurance deductable. Good thing they are getting rare now.
Mostly just a clean rectangle on a dirty subaru or prius now.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
And now the 'Change' is they're going to allow drilling for oil offshore!
That would be blasphemy for leftists! It's a total SCREAM!

President Barack Obama launched an ambitious plan on Wednesday to
lift a decades-long moratorium on offshore oil drilling along the East Coast
from Delaware to Florida, in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.

“This is not a decision that I’ve made lightly,” he said in remarks at Andrews
Air Force Base in Maryland. “But the bottom line is this: given our energy
needs, in order to sustain economic growth and produce jobs and keep our
businesses competitive, we are going to need to harness traditional sources
of fuel, even as we ramp up production of new sources of renewable,
homegrown energy.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/35223.html#ixzz0joIx234s

Obviously, his handlers told him to do it. We'll never see a dime of it....

Bend over and make some change...

M

minimus

Andy finally snapped ...

I'm going to miss all those great country style (build your own turbo charged, cow patty fueled, steam engine weed eater), handy work post of his.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Did you actually read the article?

He's tying this to CLIMATE CHANGE LEGISLATION.

Guess what will drop by the wayside after he gets what he wants for the global warming crowd.

Yep, no drilling offshore.

THIS GUY HAS LIED SINCE BEFORE HE KNEW HOW TO LIE PROPERLY.

Sheesh. And you folks FELL for that marlarkey?

:haha:

fromserpo

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
This is what happens to a lot of older people ,their opinions take over their emotions and behaviour until they become out of control.
Something to watch out for as age creeps onward.