• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

TENS to make pains go away

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
For years, I have had an ever increasing amount of lower back pain in the mornings after I get out of bed. I saw a TENS advertised to help back pain and gave it a try without expecting much relief. I am astounded that after only a few weeks using the TENS for short times each day, my back pain is almost completely gone. After I got it, I saw a way to treat sciatic nerve pain. I had a slipped disk two years ago, accompanied by the most intense pain I ever experience. That pain soon faded away, but left considerable damage to my foot. I could barely move my toes, my foot was mostly numb, and persistently so swollen that it looked more like an inflated football. The TENS showed where to put electrodes to stimulate the sciatic nerve. After only two weeks of short sessions each day, all the swelling was gone, and I have a little more mobility with my toes. The foot is still mostly numb, but I continue too stimulate the sciatic nerve in hopes the remaining problems will get better over time.

If anyone else wants to try TENS, the same one I bought is on sale for only a few more hours today:
TENS.jpg
https://www.dealnews.com/Auvon-TENS...-w-14-Pads-for-24-free-shipping/17792309.html

I also bought a set of extra electrode pads in an Amazon lightening deal that will end in a few hours:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WRQ9Y..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=RTGMKM8SEP6CCM802HYX

Hope this message brings some pain relief to other people too.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
TENS units do help when minor muscle atrophy is an issue. stAGgering's practice of daily exercise is also helpful. The Dr. Ho inflatable back belt is also quite helpful.

The trick is that the muscle pain is something of a symptom of other pending back issues. If you can do the exercises that is really the best therapy. The TENS and the Dr. Ho belt are good secondary helps if exercise is more than can be done at the moment. Best to go see someone about getting a Xray set and/or an MRI to see what is really happening to your back and spinal discs to tailor the best therapy for whatever is happening.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My Dad called me yesterday. He's 74 and has had back pain for years. Asked me if I ever heard of CBD oil. He said he bought some the other day and overnight his back pain is gone.

I'd be interested to hear the excersizes that were recommended.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Smoking a blunt per day keeps the back pain away...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
TENS units saturate the pain synapses. So the pain is relieved.

But... it comes back at the same rate that your synapses "reload".

The bottom line for us old farts is what MySonTheDoctor says:

"Nothing really wrong with you. You are just "out of warranty".

Attack your symptoms from all sides is the answer (as far as there IS an answer to old age!)

1. Exercise
2. Use a TENS for peak owies
3. Apply Ben Gay ointment, Aspercreme, and Diclofenac Sodium Topical (AKA: Voltarin) gel (Rx needed for the last) in a good-sized gob
4. Apply heat... then cold "heat it up, cool it down"
5. Light up a doobie

All five of the above are honest palliatives for low back pain. Honest injun. The Number 3 kluge of glop is remarkably effective. But the best is a doobie.

DO ALL FIVE.

Oh. And learn to live with it. Because you ain't got a fargin choice, do ya.

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Enough TENS will make pain go away. 20s are more effective.

For 100s I will do cartwheels!