• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Tesla in ‘Code Red Situation’ as Sell-Off Exceeds 20%

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I hope Elon has more financial engineering to come cause his cars are getting smoked...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/e...t-luxury-ev-and-vastly-superior-tesla-model-y

On Twitter, Edmunds said Ford "pulled it off" and admitted they were apprehensive on the idea to turn the Mustang into an EV at first. They also said that the Mach-E "really scored" over Tesla's Model Y in handling, calling Ford's EV "vastly superior":
$655 close, new all time high. Gonna short it Monday?

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
$655 close, new all time high. Gonna short it Monday?
Next week could be rough for the market. If I can get a good timing on Mon-Wed going strongly consider.

The momentum on this peak is weaker than the last and that was weaker than the first peak. Another clear sign of a topping pattern.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Next week could be rough for the market. If I can get a good timing on Mon-Wed going strongly consider.

The momentum on this peak is weaker than the last and that was weaker than the first peak. Another clear sign of a topping pattern.
Yeah, the volume is low on current rise.
TSLA will definitely make a top. Probably at the closing cross tomorrow.
Question is how high and will the price crash or just a moderate selloff and then a trading range.

S&P tracking funds and benchmarks will be selling 1.5% of everything except Tesla...so broader market could dip a bit at the close.

Good info on the mechanics here:

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Really looking like a good short entry point here but I haven't pulled the trigger.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Really looking like a good short entry point here but I haven't pulled the trigger.
So far this stock isn't doing anything for bulls OR bears since the inclusion.
I'd go long again sub $600.

FWIW, looks like they hit their half-million delivery target for 2020 despite the pandemic.
Heavily backordered from what I can tell.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
We're back to the all-time high. WTF.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 7.05.31 PM.png

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
i had to sell some more! wth?

cnbc today was speculating that tesla is going to buy daimler chrysler - cashing in on their soaring stock and giving them the plants to manufacture more/better/faster

it was being compared to when AOL bought time warner

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

cnbc today was speculating that tesla is going to buy daimler chrysler - cashing in on their soaring stock and giving them the plants to manufacture more/better/faster

Why would they take on Chrysler's liabilities? Tesla doesn't want any of their machinery, because they design their own manufacturing equipment and the software to run it. So, basically, they'd be buying buildings, pensions and headaches.

Tesla has gotten super-efficient at building factories...which Fiat-Chrysler is subsidizing by paying Tesla credits for producing clean cars.

If Tesla acquires anything it will be new tech or mining. They might merge Tesla, Spacex, Boring and Neuralink.

I still own a small chunk of shares after selling most at $695, so I'm not complaining, ok...I am complaining. I wanted a 20% drop before a rebound.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner

CNBC has apparently not noted that FCA is ALREADY in a merger, approved by all sides, with Pugeot PSA.

This is CNBC pumping - and dumping, backstage

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
CNBC has apparently not noted that FCA is ALREADY in a merger, approved by all sides, with Pugeot PSA.

This is CNBC pumping - and dumping, backstage
what are the market caps of tsla versus those two? i suspect tsla could buy/sell them several times over

they also reported tsla guy meeting with oracle guy. if they are smart, they'll convert their fluffy stock into real assets

just like the coup AOL pulled off when it bought time warner with it's highly inflated stock

edit - did a quick peak -- tsla is something like 10x market cap of peugot plus daimler fiat chrysler dodge. they could buy that crap w/out putting down their bagels

Last edited:

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Two Polish sausage in the George Foreman grill, The best BBQ sauce you can buy. I ,make my own, No Bread kraut if you got it. Yeah Baby

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
what are the market caps of tsla versus those two? i suspect tsla could buy/sell them several times over

they also reported tsla guy meeting with oracle guy. if they are smart, they'll convert their fluffy stock into real assets

just like the coup AOL pulled off when it bought time warner with it's highly inflated stock

edit - did a quick peak -- tsla is something like 10x market cap of peugot plus daimler fiat chrysler dodge. they could buy that crap w/out putting down their bagels
There's one other aspect.

You have to have management and shareholders who are willing to sell.

FCA WOULD have been ripe for a deal - that was Sergio Sweaterman's house-of-cards. Since he became head of Fiat, pre-Chrysler, he was always trying to dodge the bill collectors through mergers.

But now PSA is in the vetch. The FCA people got them all excited about buying into the holders of the Jeep brand...they're ALL gonna make ALL KINDS of money, no matter their crappy Italian and French car lines.

Mergers cost - information campaigns to shareholders; legal advice; regulatory compliance. No way they're going to sell out in the middle of it.

Tesla, even more than FCA/PSA, is one big fraud, right to the pot-smoking CEO with his fake buyout announcements. This is not the first time he publicly stated an actionable untruth on Twitter.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
There's one other aspect.

You have to have management and shareholders who are willing to sell.

FCA WOULD have been ripe for a deal - that was Sergio Sweaterman's house-of-cards. Since he became head of Fiat, pre-Chrysler, he was always trying to dodge the bill collectors through mergers.

But now PSA is in the vetch. The FCA people got them all excited about buying into the holders of the Jeep brand...they're ALL gonna make ALL KINDS of money, no matter their crappy Italian and French car lines.

Mergers cost - information campaigns to shareholders; legal advice; regulatory compliance. No way they're going to sell out in the middle of it.

Tesla, even more than FCA/PSA, is one big fraud, right to the pot-smoking CEO with his fake buyout announcements. This is not the first time he publicly stated an actionable untruth on Twitter.
a 20 to 30 percent premium would get it done imo

legacy car makers are so dead money that premiums are cheap. perhaps they'll pit ford, gm, daimler against each other -- and drive premium down below my estimate

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I just checked the auto-industry blogs I follow - zero mention.

I stand by my assertion, that CNBC is full of something warm, soft and brown...and they're doing it for a reason, and that reason has to do with their own unstated exposures and speculations in the market.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Tried to buy by a new GMC Sierra Crew cab 2500 HD 4x4 day before yesterday dealer told me there's none on the lot said there is none available on any lots GM is three months back ordered said every dealer you call is going to have the same story nobody's got trucks new I said well I'll buy a Ford king ranch style said no good luck they're a backorder too I said what am I going to be reduced to a Dodge he said same story I said I'm going to call over to Idaho Montana those guys that give them the best price on these things he says they're out I said all right well what do you got to buy it now wait three months he goes that's what they're doing we're back ordered a bunch of them I said oh okay well I'll let you know I call over the next dealer in Seattle out next dealer down at Tacoma out Eastern Washington out same story three months back ordered what's that all about. $70,000 truck and they can't keep them on the lot only thing I can figure is people are trying to get rid of their cash this country don't have the demand for that much trucks unless it's Urban sprawl people fleeing the cities to get out into the country they all think they need a big truck.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
only thing I can figure is people are trying to get rid of their cash this country don't have the demand for that much trucks unless it's Urban sprawl people fleeing the cities to get out into the country they all think they need a big truck.
Only thing I can figure out, is cheap loans, easy credit, and fuzzy thinking.

Every man jack on the loose has to have a biiiiig...TRUCK, to be a biiiig...MAN.

Those things are a pestilence. More important, they're a sign of low intellect.

No, I don't mean actual ranchers or plumbers. Although trucks that meet their needs are pretty rare, now.

I mean the drooling, glassy-eyed dolts who live in crappy apartments...need a 4x4 lifted, four-door diesel truck like I need a hole in the head. Cannot drive it...you can see them. Driving below the speed limit weaving in their lane. They do six-point parking moves at Wally World.

They're suddenly the automakers' favorite customers.

Seventy-thousand dollars for simple transportation, to and from muh gubbermint-office job...jay-sus.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Two Polish sausage in the George Foreman grill, The best BBQ sauce you can buy. I ,make my own, No Bread kraut if you got it. Yeah Baby
Good to see you bro. Always go with the kraut.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I just checked the auto-industry blogs I follow - zero mention.

I stand by my assertion, that CNBC is full of something warm, soft and brown...and they're doing it for a reason, and that reason has to do with their own unstated exposures and speculations in the market.
I doubt they are directly involved. Probably just Hedge Fund friends or Cramer's or their bosses.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Only thing I can figure out, is cheap loans, easy credit, and fuzzy thinking.

Every man jack on the loose has to have a biiiiig...TRUCK, to be a biiiig...MAN.

Those things are a pestilence. More important, they're a sign of low intellect.

No, I don't mean actual ranchers or plumbers. Although trucks that meet their needs are pretty rare, now.

I mean the drooling, glassy-eyed dolts who live in crappy apartments...need a 4x4 lifted, four-door diesel truck like I need a hole in the head. Cannot drive it...you can see them. Driving below the speed limit weaving in their lane. They do six-point parking moves at Wally World.

They're suddenly the automakers' favorite customers.

Seventy-thousand dollars for simple transportation, to and from muh gubbermint-office job...jay-sus.
I don't understand how anyone buys these 70k trucks, let alone how they are possibly backordered for 3 months. It has to be primarily driven by low interest rates and a few peanuts given to people. They get a couple thousand for the down payment then lock in a 10 year 3% loan. Destined to blow up.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I don't understand how anyone buys these 70k trucks, let alone how they are possibly backordered for 3 months. It has to be primarily driven by low interest rates and a few peanuts given to people. They get a couple thousand for the down payment then lock in a 10 year 3% loan. Destined to blow up.
One in every ten Americans makes $160k annually, and for many of them, that truck is a tax deduction. Not my style, but plenty of people have more money than they know what to do with.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Did Tesla ever break out where the 500k cars were sold? How many are in China?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Did Tesla ever break out where the 500k cars were sold? How many are in China?
Well, they hit all time highs again, but that's just ho-hum. About 500,000 was expected.
Most of the cars were still USA.
The question will be how much their margins improved.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Are we there yet Papa Smurf? Looks like it could turn south here.

Thought I was smart selling at $695...

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 5.43.45 PM.png

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Are we there yet Papa Smurf? Looks like it could turn south here.

Thought I was smart selling at $695...

View attachment 196684
We're close. Your never going to top tick it. A gap up with no volume. A gap back down tomorrow could indicate an island reversal. I'll watch closely.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
TSLA clearly riding high on the Blue Wave hopium. Expecting everyone to outlaw ICE engines I imagine. My brother said he rode in a Model 3 and it made him sick. Too jerky or something.

Another gap up today with the Biden "certification". If Trump actually drops the hammer this thing will be down $200 in a day. But thats a big if.

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
It's a cult company with a cult product, and the product is only a side concern of the company and cultist-investors.

It's like Amway. The products are just to keep them legal - the real point of it is to build the pyramid, and hope you wind up high enough on top that you can stop working forever. In this case, the junky, poorly-engineered car is just to prop the Narrative - Saint Elon is SAVING! THE! WORLD!

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
sold a bit more of that crazy baron/tsla fund today. i keep shaving shares off and tsla keeps running the value right back to where it was before i sold

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
sold a bit more of that crazy baron/tsla fund today. i keep shaving shares off and tsla keeps running the value right back to where it was before i sold
Yeah, I sold about 2/3 of my position and keep selling remaining shares 1 or 2 at a time. I expected $800, just not so soon.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I been doing that with bitcoin for awhile now..house money , I can sleep pretty good at night

it will soon be that way with Etherium...got in at 700 and she’s at $1240 today

would you all think I’m crazy if I bought into Tesla now?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
would you all think I’m crazy if I bought into Tesla now?
I'm ultra bullish on Tesla long term and I'm not buying here at $833... on a pullback, yeah.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Id buy on a pullback to $50 and new battery tech that makes EVs more competitive.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ok I may be somewhat rethinking trying to short against Tesla. Elon just tweeted for #GameStonk, which happens to be my biggest positions. Plus, they have raised a bunch of cash

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ok I may be somewhat rethinking trying to short against Tesla. Elon just tweeted for #GameStonk, which happens to be my biggest positions. Plus, they have raised a bunch of cash
U long GME? if so, congrats

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm ultra bullish on Tesla long term and I'm not buying here at $833... on a pullback, yeah.
Yeah, just broken out... likely going 1K plus here.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I purchased even more Tesla yesterday. I’m super bullish over the next decade.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
U long GME? if so, congrats
Yep, started buying in 2016. Yes I was too early again to that investment but I won't complain. :popcorn:

Another push today and I might have my first and probably only 100 bagger.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
LOOKS like AMC is next on the list, Blackrock bought in a short time ago.
Way too much debt there for me to get involved. I try for longer term outlooks, I'll let the Reddit day traders have their fun and cheer em on.